god this bitch is cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE POWA!!!!

Hilde.jpg

On something actually constructive, my Astaroth matches against Hilde are usually rather unfun to watch, but tense as hell to actually play. That's because we're both trying to work around the other's strengths. Astaroth has the best throw game in SC4, so she has to adapt to that. Of course, if I just go around with throw, that's easily defended against, so we have to constantly play yomi. Even outside of throws, I can see that stuff coming very easily. A good block, or if I'm feeling confident, a GI will definitely do the trick.

Eh, as my sig says. The only way to actually determine is something is a blemish on the game is by its wins. If you think it's too good to have around, yet it's legal, go ahead and play it. If you manage to get a good reputation with it by winning tournaments consistently against good players, you'll have a decent argument.

A couple things here risk reward is alot more reward, the only risk is somone stepping your B charge and punishing you. And the well timed block your talking about leaves her with +2or3 so thats not really a good thing to do against her. And the part about you battles against hildes being hard it shouldnt be hard, astaroth is like hildes worst matchup so if your even close to as good as your opponent you should win the majority of the time. I mean i dont even use astaroth but i can put up a pretty good fight against good hildes regardless when i use him, if he was my main it would be a pretty simple win.

So you should block Hilde's doom combo? Really? Holy shit! It's all clear now...and here I was, trying to CH, GI, tech trap and combo that..*ahem*...lady...and all I had to do was BLOCK! Wow! Thanks! Seriously though, most times, all it really takes is one hit and you're screwed. You could get CHed, whiff-punished, etc...mistakes happen but you shouldn't have to be ROed from more than half the stage away from the edge. Now, correct me if I'm wrong but no other character has that ability...

Algol does. But he's bullshit. It doesn't count.
Yoshi can RO like 3/4 the distance from what I've seen. But that's like 500 billion JF's, that doesn't count either.
Ivy has that launch into that long shooting whip thing that goes pretty far, but Ivy isn't GOD tier, so she doesn't count either.
Amy can RO half the distance on a CH stun, but it requires a stun and a JF, so that doesn't count.
Cass can RO 3/4 the distance, but that requires 33B which is slow, A+B which can be just ukemi'd, 236: which is a JF and 4BB:A which is another JF. Never gonna count in a billion years.
And of course the RO King, NM Can but NM is with all the other characters in the "crap tier", doesn't count.

So yes, No one can stand up to the Goddess that is Hilde unless you know about this "I WIN BUTTON"

PS: It's labeled G

Rock has a doom combo, but it depends on a CH, at least 2 escapable throws, and guessing whether they tech or not.

But when it works, it's the greatest thing.

Offbeat - 8 or so Ji's = SoulCrush. Soul crush is instant win. My statement that G = win button still holds.
Page, it's 3 escapable throws isn't it? 1B+G, 3A+G, B+K, 2B+G, A+B
3 throws and a tech. but yeah, that's another doom "candidate" that doesn't count.

You can easily do 6K, 3A+G, B+K, dash, 2G+B, A+B. It'll RO from almost as far as standard doom combo. Anything else is just looping until you can hit the 3A+B, B+K tech trap.

Examples:

(fucked up the A+B, but it would have been a RO)

Yeah, it's pretty bad. But I pretend that it makes him not suck as much. :X

We all know Warble can rape hilde but im talking about fighting her without cat-like reflexes.

You don't need cat-like reflexes when you have the almighty SIEGFRIED FLOWCHART (unfortunately I don't know how to make an actual flowchart, but it goes something like this...)

1. Step, turtle, and hide like North Korea is going to bomb you until C3B comes out or Hilde gives up a charge for a grab attempt.

2. Did she give up her B charge by releasing it or attempting a B grab? Spam 2K, Flapjack and B6.

3. Did she give up her A charge by releasing it? Laugh as she tries to play mindgames with 15 damage "frametraps."

4. Did she give up her A charge by attempting an A throw? Use aGA, 2K, and throws, 3A, etc.

5. Back to step 1.

Of course there are some variables but honestly you can just spam quick, tracking pokes and turtle charges until she plays your game. The only time she really gets a nice 50/50 is running charge/throw mixups which you can sorta just 2K once you see she's in range for the mixup...something you haven't really started doing yet.

Edit: By the way did this thread have anything to do with me? I'm kinda flattered. I think it just got PUBLIC HATE MAIL w00t!!!!1

Edit2: split up step 3.

ummm, how is it high risk to hold L2? (or whatever button it is pad hildes use)

btw, hilde is the easiest char in the game to beat. all you scrubs whining need to play more and post less!!!!

that is all

Exactly! When you play a certain character enough times, you'll memorize what attacks can be stepped, what can be jumped over safely, and what can be GI/JI with ease... at least, that works with me against Taki.

Here's a good reminder: instead of whining, just laugh it off... it's nothing to punch the other player in the mouth over... note to self, bring a motorcycle helmet in the next NorCal tournament.

NoFace:
1) haha

2) If throw suceeds assume she's back at lvl 3.
if you break A, she has full C3B up, which basically means, she is safe to space. Anything she does from that point may lead to insta RO. If you're so reckless to use this situation to mix up consider the following.
2.1 - backdash covers all tools you may want to try to prevent her from spacing.
2.2 - running at her will net you no mixup, will result in either
- She throws you
- She hits you with C3B
- You block C3B and her C3A is already up by that moment.
2.3 Run halfway into something to stop her spacing may work from time to time if mixed up with step, but risk reward is pretty obvious AND if she realizes this, she just turtles and her charges are up to lvl 3. + she probably get free grab attempt.

3. If throw suceeds assume she's back at lvl 3.
You break B. She has C3A chraged up. Compared to C3B and ring positioning, her reward goes down, and so does risks. She is practically immune to anything you're going to do. At that point the best strategy is to provoke her into C3A and enjoy an opportunity to hit her with anything risking *just* C2B:B C2A:A combo.
I mean, wow, congrats, you got a mixup at -3 that will not get you insta RO'ed.

3.1 If you block C3A without previous sucessful B-break (meaning practically everywhere else) that means. oh well. that means you're fucked up.

4. Another tip I can give is that depending on ring position IF you can figure out a *safe* situation to interrupt her or cut her spacing (too many variables for an actual example) her C3A on hit is not an issue if she has C3B up as well. it will *only* net her C3A, C3B combo which isnt too much damage.

There are variables. but what you absolutely cannot do vs Hilde is spam, b/c each time you poke you're at risk of RO. If it works for you, hilde you play can't move around the ring at all, her spacing is the key to unleashing the beast.

I like this thread.

Can you imagine Hilde with the DN? Jesus Christ.

We need Warble to return and drop some sagely advice on us average folk.

NoFace:
1) haha

2) If throw suceeds assume she's back at lvl 3.
if you break A, she has full C3B up, which basically means, she is safe to space. Anything she does from that point may lead to insta RO. If you're so reckless to use this situation to mix up consider the following.
2.1 - backdash covers all tools you may want to try to prevent her from spacing.
2.2 - running at her will net you no mixup, will result in either
- She throws you
- She hits you with C3B
- You block C3B and her C3A is already up by that moment.
2.3 Run halfway into something to stop her spacing may work from time to time if mixed up with step, but risk reward is pretty obvious AND if she realizes this, she just turtles and her charges are up to lvl 3. + she probably get free grab attempt.

3. If throw suceeds assume she's back at lvl 3.
You break B. She has C3A chraged up. Compared to C3B and ring positioning, her reward goes down, and so does risks. She is practically immune to anything you're going to do. At that point the best strategy is to provoke her into C3A and enjoy an opportunity to hit her with anything risking *just* C2B:B C2A:A combo.
I mean, wow, congrats, you got a mixup at -3 that will not get you insta RO'ed.

3.1 If you block C3A without previous sucessful B-break (meaning practically everywhere else) that means. oh well. that means you're fucked up.

4. Another tip I can give is that depending on ring position IF you can figure out a *safe* situation to interrupt her or cut her spacing (too many variables for an actual example) her C3A on hit is not an issue if she has C3B up as well. it will *only* net her C3A, C3B combo which isnt too much damage.

There are variables. but what you absolutely cannot do vs Hilde is spam, b/c each time you poke you're at risk of RO. If it works for you, hilde you play can't move around the ring at all, her spacing is the key to unleashing the beast.

The point I was trying to make is that if you eliminate 1 charge, your options to contain her increase greatly, and her reward drops drastically in most cases.

I feel that Hilde is only really dangerous to a smart player when she has C3A and C2B. If you know she has two level 3 charges...it's kinda obvious what you need to do. Honestly I rarely see anybody get hit with a C3B, because it's the most predictable of her charges.

If you can actually get her to give up her A charge, all she can really do is turtle until her C3A comes back up. People are going to be stepping and throwing out quick, tracking pokes to interrupt.

C3A is the backbone of her game. This means that her overall damage output becomes mediocre and her ringout game becomes extremely weak on anything but the small stages.

Anyway, this is all theory, and like I said there are other variables. It depends on the character, the situation, the stage, etc. I just think *most* people aren't doing enough to counter Hilde. While I was kinda mocking Offbeat with the Sieg flowchart, he's actually become one of the few players who fights against Hilde intelligently now. Anyway I guess one of biggest variables ends up being stage select (which you can't control, and one of the reasons why I don't think Hilde should be able to play on the raft/maze/etc in competitive tournaments) and how vulnerable your character is to C3A.

I must say I was surprised to see the Hilde hate when I joined these forums recently. Maybe there are many, many more Hildes on 360, but on PSN it is very uncommon to run into another Hilde, let alone one that has mastered her well enough to inspire such frustration. The reason I picked her up in the first place is because I literally *never* saw anyone using her, and thought it would be fun to be one of the few. It took a lot of practice to get a point where I wasn't completely destroyed by anyone with half a brain. Tell me that makes me suck cause all I need to know is the doom combo til I ring you out, but really she was harder to learn.. for me.. than any of the others I tried. It is also not uncommon to get messages from people saying they have never seen a Hilde who is actually good. Where are all of these god hildes?

If you take away doom combo and changed the way storing charges works in this game (ie. no more binding for free charges), she's actually a very interesting character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back