Group Projects are da worst

Party Wolf

Administrator
Because people 2/4 want to not put in the work. Had a presentation due today and only me and another guy actually did stuff. Share your horror stories.

There was this dude in my Python Programming class and he would always ask the dumbest questions and copy my shit. The dude was annoying as fuck. The one time he finished his assignment before me, he goes up to me like, "Oh Ben I thought you were the Python master, what happened?"

Like dude... I finna stick my keys in your throat.

Usually I just told people what to do, and things came together. If they tried to piss away the time doing nothing, I would tell them "Ok, but I'm perfectly cool taking a 0 on this since my grades are otherwise fine."

One guy threatened to hit me with his skateboard, but stuff got done.

I never liked group stuff at any level of education, even college level shit.

Life Lesson:

You can't rely on other people. Don't let someone else's mediocrity bring you down. I'm far too selfish and independent for that crap.

Long story short: 4 of us at an American history class had to do a presentation. I sort of assumed the leader role because no one wanted to do anything. I told everyone which parts they should cover individually, and it was well organized.

Well I get there, and I find out that this one girls entire presentation was half of my own material. So I said fuck this shit I'm not getting cheated out of my hard work. I butted in halfway through her first sentence and gave the presentation myself, with glaring redness in her eyes.

She got an F for zero material. The lazy rich-spoiled twat had it coming.

• Admin
Here is some awesome research someone gave me at 6:00 AM before class to put in the PowerPoint I was doing.

image.jpg

I was taking a government class in high school which required a large-scale group project. One guy literally did nothing despite my best efforts to scare and shame him. On the day of the presentation, I pulled a Marginal: got up, gave a little intro, and then immediately announced that jackass would be continuing the rest of the presentation. My grade could take it.

I had another group project when I was a senior in college where a guy jumped over a desk, tried to fight me, and ended up running out of the room. Group projects are fun.

My senior design project in college was to design a superscalar microprocessor with an 8 stage pipeline, which is as big of a dick as it sounds. I didn't know anyone in the class except for one of my frat brothers who was working with his best butt buddy he'd known since high school, so I got randomly paired up with some Vietnamese dude. He never showed up to any group meetings, wouldn't answer cell phone calls or emails, it got to the point where I had to look him up in the Cornell directory and call his room number. His roommate answered and told me he dropped the class.

So I'm like, fuck, I gotta do this myself, and holy shit it's due in a week. So I stay up for 3 days straight more or less and bang this shit out. Everything is working, but the project still had this report component where you had to write up basically how your shit works and run some tests and give performance results for your processor. As I'm starting the report, motherfucker calls me and goes "Hey, just sent you a group request. Can you accept please? I'm getting worried."

I go, "Bitch, I just wrote this whole fucking thing. You're not in my group." He goes, "Yes I am. You agreed to work with me." I go, "Okay, fine, but YOU have to write the WHOLE report." He goes, "But I'll end up having to stay up until 2AM!! Why can't you help me?!" I go, "Because I'm going to the bars. Send me the report by tomorrow and I'll accept your shit. Bye!!"

Sidenote: don't drink Long Island Iced Teas after being up for 3 days. Your frat brothers will end up needing to carry you home and will leave you on a table in the foyer.

Yeah it's the same story over and over on my end. Impossible people to contact. Want credit in the end. They have a standing gpa of about 1.0, etc.

So putting them on the spot was the name of the game. In the worst case I had to give a 45 minute presentation in some class and I was the only person out of five to do any work, so I decided to involve them during the presentation since they didn't know what was going on. I took frequent breaks during my talk to ask of my partners wanted to add anything, or ask their opinion, and it was wide eyes and brown stains in their pants. It went well.

Back