Guess The Next Character Reveal(s)!

I personally think it's cutting it too close to be taking their time revealing things. We're less than 2 months away from launch date, and a lot of these late reveals won't have time to be play tested in beta builds like the ones we have now.

With the way people are reacting to current characters like Ivy, Kilik, and others, imagine if Voldo or Cervantes or some new character ends up with some OP nonsense that wasn't properly tested.

Tomorrow: Cervantes, Tira, Lizardman, Hwang.
If you mean one or two of them then I agree. But if you mean all four tomorrow then I would keep my expectations low to save myself from disappointment. Revealing all four would potentially mean we could probably expect more than 24 characters at launch since I expect them to introduce more characters as we get closer to the release of the game. I would be surprised if nothing or very little is introduced in Tokyo Game Show or the time between Gamescom and Tokyo Game Show.

My main guess would be Cervantes and Hwang. Cervantes if just one character since they will likely reveal a new mode.

Remember there's also the launch day DLC character left to reveal, if they reveal them and the next dlc character in October they wouldn't have to save any base game characters for after TGS. DLC + 2p costumes and maybe a CAS showcase would be enough news to keep people excited.

Surprising to see Tira revealed for Gamescom. I expected either her or Cassandra to be Day 1 DLC but I didn't think she would be revealed this early before the rest of the characters in the base roster is revealed.

I guess they want those pre-order purchases as soon as they have the Steam page up lol.

I'm just a little baffled at why she's a pre-order DLC AND a season pass bonus character. Why would you preorder the season pass?

I'm just a little baffled at why she's a pre-order DLC AND a season pass bonus character. Why would you preorder the season pass?
Oops I just picked up the deluxe edition...might need to cancel and just get the normal one.

If you pre-order the season pass you get Tira right away...primarily useful only for those people who don't pre-order the main game. It is admittedly a bit baffling unless it's to sucker people (like myself) into getting the deluxe edition before doing any research and realizing that she's available via pre-order as well.

I may be wrong but I feel like that message is being misconstrued. Yes, Tira is available via preorder and yes she is available via the season pass, but the main draw here is that people who preorder the game get to play her at launch. Otherwise, anyone who didn’t preorder still have to wait for her to be put on sale in order to play her, season pass or not.

Cassandra for the next reveal.

giphy.gif

Honestly at this point just about anything could happen. All predictions have been blown out of the water. Only certainty is Cervantes.

Nah, I'm still holding onto Cervantes, Hwang, and Raphael. I'm not shaken up about Lizardman, either. We've potentially seen Grøh's dad/father/priest/master/whatever, and Tira's slot may very likely be like Dampierre, blank for everyone whether you have her or not, so I don't think that affects the base roster spots at all. Inferno still goes in the missing slot. Add another row for the middle three to be DLC, likely Cassandra, Setsuka, and a second guest. Those blue circles will probably be CaS and Bonus Characters, and when the other DLC characters come out, they may swivel down to create endpoints for the sixth row of five.

I'm really hoping the next reveal is either Hwang or Raphael so that it shakes things up a bit.

Cervantes is inevitable, I'd say. Raphael and Lizardman are complete wildcards at this point, maybe even reserved for a DLC Season 2 if the remaining DLC characters are Setsuka and Cassandra/Hilde. I'm still holding out for Yun-seong because he and Talim are a package deal.

I've stricken Hilde from my predictions since last week there was a statement from somewhere that said SoulCalibur IV+ wouldn't make it in. Tira being one of the four DLC added a lot of weight to that claim. Second guest is inevitable, and Cassandra/Setsuka are too easy to not be included. Yun-seong and Talim are really only a package deal starting with SoulCalibur III, though, and since this game only approaches but doesn't start SoulCalibur II, then that's not true yet. Seong Mi-na and Hwang were the package deal in this time period.

Fearing for the worst, we could be seeing this as the worst case scenario:
Code:
            Azwel       Siegfried   Zasalamel   Nightmare   Inferno

Xianghua    Maxi        Sophitia    Astaroth    Ivy

Yoshimitsu  Kilik       Created     Grøh        Voldo

Seong Mi-na Mitsurugi   Geralt      Taki        Cervantes

Tira        DLC         DLC         DLC         Random
I hope this isn't the case but this is also likely to happen (I kept up with SoulCalibur V from its announcement to its launch). I know it's been stated that the current character select screen isn't indicative of how many characters we will get in the base roster but it's possible to be not indicative in a bad way instead of a good way (we could be getting less characters than implied). I would very much prefer the inclusion of Hwang and Raphael but I'm putting this out there as a way to brace ourselves should we face disappointment. Character reveals have been distributed through the year pretty badly and revealing a DLC character before revealing another base character implies there would be little to no more characters left from the base roster to reveal.

At the very least, I would be even happier than ever to see a new reveal but if not then what else would there be for me expect?

Going by the suspicious absence of Yun’s and Raph’s hair in the hair selection, which I presume we’d see near the top and the lack of Siegfried’s hairstyles, those two seem open to interpretation.

Aeon’s sword in the Story art looks bigger than what Sophie uses but it could be Cassie. I presume the roster would actually be based off of 2’s plus Geralt, the console exclusive waifus, Zas, and the maybe father/son duo.

I've stricken Hilde from my predictions since last week there was a statement from somewhere that said SoulCalibur IV+ wouldn't make it in. Tira being one of the four DLC added a lot of weight to that claim. Second guest is inevitable, and Cassandra/Setsuka are too easy to not be included. Yun-seong and Talim are really only a package deal starting with SoulCalibur III, though, and since this game only approaches but doesn't start SoulCalibur II, then that's not true yet. Seong Mi-na and Hwang were the package deal in this time period.

Seeing as they've already started altering parts of the storyline for the reboot, I wouldn't write out Yun-seong just yet when they could easily amend him to be part of the earlier storyline, much like they've done with Talim evidently.

Going by the suspicious absence of Yun’s and Raph’s hair in the hair selection, which I presume we’d see near the top and the lack of Siegfried’s hairstyles, those two seem open to interpretation.

Aeon’s sword in the Story art looks bigger than what Sophie uses but it could be Cassie. I presume the roster would actually be based off of 2’s plus Geralt, the console exclusive waifus, Zas, and the maybe father/son duo.

Aside from them revealing an otherwise unnamed boss character in the CaS trailer, I think they're smart enough to not include CaS items that belong to characters that haven't yet been revealed...not that that we'd even be able to tell if their items belonged to them because we don't know what they're going to look like. Even then, all the CaS pieces revealed in the trailer were either things that existed in previous games as generic pieces, or costume parts from already revealed fighters (Voldo's headpiece, Mi-na's bra, Maxi's jacket, Ivy's shoulder piece, etc.).

Seeing as they've already started altering parts of the storyline for the reboot, I wouldn't write out Yun-seong just yet when they could easily amend him to be part of the earlier storyline, much like they've done with Talim evidently.
I'm still not personally convinced of this. They're not changing anything; they're just adding more details. In addition, the tagline at the start of the Libra of Souls trailer more or less spells out that it isn't canon.

Talim's story hasn't been altered, since all we've seen from her story screenshot was that she was departing the village, presumably after finding a Soul Edge shard, which is the same as her setup from SoulCalibur II. On the timeline, there's the line that's just at the very end of the timeline, and if that's Talim's, then literally all her story will be would be leaving the village, fighting some malfested probably, and then to be continued...

It's going to be a weak story for her, if that's the case, to be sure, but Talim's inclusion in this game wasn't for story, it was just for popularity's choice.

I'm still not personally convinced of this. They're not changing anything; they're just adding more details. In addition, the tagline at the start of the Libra of Souls trailer more or less spells out that it isn't canon.

Talim's story hasn't been altered, since all we've seen from her story screenshot was that she was departing the village, presumably after finding a Soul Edge shard, which is the same as her setup from SoulCalibur II. On the timeline, there's the line that's just at the very end of the timeline, and if that's Talim's, then literally all her story will be would be leaving the village, fighting some malfested probably, and then to be continued...

It's going to be a weak story for her, if that's the case, to be sure, but Talim's inclusion in this game wasn't for story, it was just for popularity's choice.

I'm not talking about the Libra of Souls though.

Someone mentioned in a previous thread that Tira's blurb about her backstory has some discrepancies with her original backstory in the previous games, which hints at some meddling in the new canon. Talim can certainly get an altered storyline if she's being included in the base roster instead of Tira, of all people, and that might also involve Yun-seong (who has about as much ties into the overall plot as Mi-na did in the previous games).

I'm not talking about the Libra of Souls though.

Someone mentioned in a previous thread that Tira's blurb about her backstory has some discrepancies with her original backstory in the previous games, which hints at some meddling in the new canon. Talim can certainly get an altered storyline if she's being included in the base roster instead of Tira, of all people, and that might also involve Yun-seong (who has about as much ties into the overall plot as Mi-na did in the previous games).
I know you weren't talking about it, but I was pre-emptively cutting Libra of Souls off from the discussion.

I also responded about Tira's backstory in that thread, and I don't think they really changed anything about it, either. They removed the part between Tira leaving Bird of Passage, being adopted by a "normal" family, and then that not working out, Tira murdering them, and then going out on her own. However, the beginning (Bird of Passage's leadership being thrown asunder by the Evil Seed incident, freeing Tira) and the end (Tira becoming a wandering assassin, killing anyone she pleases and taking pleasure in it) are the same. I wouldn't even say for sure that it's completely removed, either, as it was just a blurb, a snippet. I wouldn't be surprised if her full bio retains the part where she was adopted.

If Tira was in the base roster and absolutely getting a story, her story would have been her time in Bird of Passage, being freed from it, being adopted, killing her adoptive family, and then setting out killing randoms until she happened upon Soul Edge and started serving Nightmare. Her backstory is already known, but never shown in-game. But that they started her off already as a wanderer, that kind of put a sword in that idea, which is maybe why she doesn't get a story. But maybe she still will, since we don't know if DLC characters may still get stories.

Rock’s hair was there.

If I recall correctly, Rock's 2P in SCIV was identical to his 1P, with the exception of the rhino helmet and recolored everything else. He's made up of almost entirely of CaS pieces, much like Amy was in the same game. And 2P pieces from previous games have been present in SCV as well (like Mi-na's Bong-seon coat, bikini, and hair).

Back