Guess The Next Character Reveal(s)!

Random musings and guesswork:

So there didn't appear to be any time travel shenanigans going on with Talim in her trailer, so I'm guessing it's pretty safe to assume she's the one above Zas in the story mode screen with the latest dates for her story battles.

If Voldo being above Yoshi is a safe bet (blur size, proximity to Yoshi), and Cervantes/Lizardman/Astaroth are below Ivy, and Groh's Father is below Groh, then who would that leave below Yoshimitsu? Looks like six through eight characters in the name? Setsuka? Raphael?

And, assuming the above, what would the character select screen look like? Astaroth/Voldo would clearly be across from Maxi/Yoshi. Lizardman would be above Ivy with the rest of the Schwartstrom group. With no Rock as a rival, I suppose he could be across from Talim as two rival-less characters. (unless they set up a new one for them. The one who was saved from the evil seed by her god, made hopeful, and the one who wasn't saved, made bitter, perhaps) That would leave Cervantes to the right of Taki (and mirrored north/south with Ivy) and Groh's Father or the Mystery Character across from him with the other being just below. One of those two characters may be the season pass bonus character, with the three bottom row center slots for the future DLC characters (that will either not have story battles or the story mode screen will be updated to accommodate them)

I would guess the mystery character is Raph (his story starts with a battle against a evil seed'd noble, so it falls within the timeframe) with any number of characters being the left slot DLC, a new guest character as the middle slot DLC, and Tira as the right slot DLC.

Put Voldo below Yoshimitsu, because that line matches up with Yoshimitsu better. Tira goes above Yoshimitsu, as her line syncs better with Sophitia as she learns of Soul Edge and also that Pyrrha would be affected, so that she would target her later on in the storyline of SoulCalibur III and beyond. This is a possibility, assuming that Grøh's father is not actually unlockable and is just a boss, this could be how it is, with Seong Mi-na, Cassandra, and Raphael not being storyline characters, and Hwang being the one below Grøh's line. But if Grøh's father does become unlockable, he would replace Raphael, which would force him off the grid and into the DLC characters, who would be the second guest, Raphael, Setsuka, and Hilde. If Raphael was on the main roster, then the other DLC character could be someone else perhaps even a playable toned down non-boss version of Grøh's father, if he's too powerful otherwise.

Code:
Hwang       | Siegfried | Zasalamel | Nightmare | Lizardman
Xianghua    | Maxi      | Sophitia  | Astaroth  | Ivy
Yoshimitsu  | Kilik     | Inferno   | Grøh      | Voldo
Talim       | Mitsurugi | Geralt    | Taki      | Cervantes
Seong Mi-na | Cassandra | Raphael   | Tira      | Random

How could Tira be on a line with a blur longer than Talim's.
Tira is known to be a fully fledged member of Bird of Passage at the age of nine, meaning she can be active from 1583 and beyond. The blurred names could be more of a misdirection to make us doubt, not fully true to the lengths but a loose approximation. I'm looking more at the evidence of timelines and events than just the names.

Tira is known to be a fully fledged member of Bird of Passage at the age of nine, meaning she can be active from 1583 and beyond. The blurred names could be more of a misdirection to make us doubt, not fully true to the lengths but a loose approximation. I'm looking more at the evidence of timelines and events than just the names.
Tira's used to be named "Eiserne Drossel" before being taken in by a foster family and named "Tira".

Tira's used to be named "Eiserne Drossel" before being taken in by a foster family and named "Tira".
Good point.
Tira is known to be a fully fledged member of Bird of Passage at the age of nine, meaning she can be active from 1583 and beyond.
Part of me is afraid that if she does make the cut for SC6, it might be a version of her that takes place before her personality splits into two distinct parts. The somewhat unpredicatable nature of which moveset she had access to is what made her so much fun to play. No two matches played exactly the same with her.

Part of me is afraid that if she does make the cut for SC6, it might be a version of her that takes place before her personality splits into two distinct parts. The somewhat unpredicatable nature of which moveset she had access to is what made her so much fun to play. No two matches played exactly the same with her.
It was stated that she had an unstable personality even back when she was a Bird of Passage, so I don't feel like that should be a concern.

More Info:

V3dyVkA.png

Asta and Cervy revealed at SDCC along with the second story mode, then Tira at Evo since that's where Decopon shitted on everyone and became a legend.

Woulda coulda shoulda and all that, but I took decopon to the last game last round at evo top 64 with very little anti tira knowledge. Mateo had a very close match with him as well, decopon didn't "shit on everybody".

Woulda coulda shoulda and all that, but I took decopon to the last game last round at evo top 64 with very little anti tira knowledge. Mateo had a very close match with him as well, decopon didn't "shit on everybody".
Well, that's the way it happened when I learned about it in school, gramps.

(I suppose I should've added a /s to the end of the previous post)

I'd peg Voldo for tomorrow. Astaroth, Cervantes, and Lizardman would be a group reveal, likely at EVO. But if there is just one of the trio, it's gotta be :sc1crv1:.

Nothing today, perhaps next week... but it's also possible that tomorrow's panel at Comic-Con shows the second story mode or CaS.

Back