GUILD WARS 2 FANS UNITE!

Scesmoon

[09] Warrior
I cant believe there is no thread about GW2 on here yet. BLASPHEMY! it must be everywhere!
So any other SoulCalibur nuts like me also planning on playing the hell out of guild wars 2? if so give a shout out here:

1. what class you intend on playing and why?

For me its the warrior profession. Mace and Shield/ Hammer warrior here i come! yeah i know pretty boring to most people, but i like smashing peoples faces. also i have and always will be a tank, im not so much the martyr type but i do like being the big guy that nobody can kill and hits like a truck. (guess thats why i main astaroth :D) i'm the juggernaut bitch! and yes i know GW2 deletes the holy trinity but guess what? ill do my damndest to be a tank anyways! deal with it >:C

2. why are you excited about the game?

I think the game is beautiful, and i love the lore, like i loved Warcraft's lore. i know there are a lot of GW2 fanboys that suddenly hate wow with every fiber of their being, or maybe they always did just because its wow. but im not one. i'm also really in love with the dynamic event system; questing has never been so streamlined!

3. what are your fears for the game?

I know people are going to hate me for saying this, but honestly; longevity. the fact that Anet seem to be ignoring/avoiding endgame in favor of weaseling new box sales. i know ill enjoy the game for what it is regardless. but i feel like after a few months the game will die for me like GW1 did and i dont want that. i want to be able to live this game if i want to. i raided a long time in WoW and i have to say i liked it despite its issues. sometimes i even think about going back to it. so yeah, id like GW2 compete for that place in my heart.

How about you guys? i wanna hear your thoughts about the game! use my question template or develop your own :D

1. I'll have 3 "Mains" a warrior with a greatsword, a ranger that uses various weapons, and a thief. I might make a Guardian, they remind me of dervishes kind of. Simply because I played Ranger, Dervish, Assassin, and Warrior on GW1. I've always hated casters and will never play one. Won't play engineer either because to me guns are boring.

2. I put over 1000 hours into GW1, why wouldn't I be excited for GW2? That's the question. :P

3. How will Anet deal with balancing the game? Will they nerf everything to hell like the GW1 ranger and derv or make small subtle changes?

Will they nerf everything to hell like the GW1 ranger and derv or make small subtle changes?
personally i thought ranger and warrior ended up being the most useless classes in GW1. though im probably biased. by the time i tried that game all class builds had boiled down to necromancer - minion master spam. i am like you in that i hate casters generally. so needless to say this made me feel that casters were all that mattered so i didnt play GW1 for very long.

i would really like to go back to get my HoM points up for GW2 but i dont know anyone who can help me and i feel like the currently inflated economy in GW1 would stop me from getting anything that id have to pay for.

personally i thought ranger and warrior ended up being the most useless classes in GW1. though im probably biased. by the time i tried that game all class builds had boiled down to necromancer - minion master spam. i am like you in that i hate casters generally. so needless to say this made me feel that casters were all that mattered so i didnt play GW1 for very long.

i would really like to go back to get my HoM points up for GW2 but i dont know anyone who can help me and i feel like the currently inflated economy in GW1 would stop me from getting anything that id have to pay for.
During my first year of GW1 (2008) rangers could do anything and everything minus healing. During the next year Dervishes took that same role, and now I rarely play it due to running out of things to do & my 2 favorite classes getting nerfed to hell.

Warriors where always a good choice imo they've survived many things and will always have options in their build, much like a dervish. I've seen plenty of warriors tank the shit out of everything in GW1, you would gave loved the skill "Defy Pain" use that along with a few other tanking skills and your opponent gets to play Runescape (1, 2, 0, 0, 0, 1, 3, 1, 0 damage) Lol. XD

Warriors where always a good choice imo they've survived many things and will always have options in their build, much like a dervish. I've seen plenty of warriors tank the shit out of everything in GW1, you would gave loved the skill "Defy Pain" use that along with a few other tanking skills and your opponent gets to play Runescape (1, 2, 0, 0, 0, 1, 3, 1, 0 damage) Lol. XD

it sounds like your describing PvP though. i meant warriors are mostly useless in pve besides for pure dmg output. ive never been interested in PvP in PC games. i have soul calibur for that :P

it sounds like your describing PvP though. i meant warriors are mostly useless in pve besides for pure dmg output. ive never been interested in PvP in PC games. i have soul calibur for that :P
They could tank in PvE also, Defy Pain worked there too; it's actually better in PvE nowadays. Warriors can also Obbi tank (use obsidian flesh and be immune to spells and take alot of physical damage). You just needed to dabble in some secondary professions. For tanks I'd recommend Dervish or Ele as a secondary. Dervishes have great defensive abilities that can make a warrior more tanky, same with ele. But if you wanted to be an outright tank I'd say W/E with earth ele skills. You can become a freaking beast.

I had a Mesmer/Necro and Necro/Mesmer for my PvP team.. loved it. Kind of sad that they changed the mesmer around though.. I really miss the spike damage and raping casters [with interrupts/silence]. Level 80 is going to be nuts for GW2..

Looking forward to playing Mesmer and Necro again though.

-ASZ

They could tank in PvE also, Defy Pain worked there too; it's actually better in PvE nowadays. Warriors can also Obbi tank (use obsidian flesh and be immune to spells and take alot of physical damage). You just needed to dabble in some secondary professions. For tanks I'd recommend Dervish or Ele as a secondary. Dervishes have great defensive abilities that can make a warrior more tanky, same with ele. But if you wanted to be an outright tank I'd say W/E with earth ele skills. You can become a freaking beast.
do you know any builds that will let me do hard content without too much trouble? i usually use warrior/ele

EDIT: actually just PM me. i dont want to derail my own thread with all this GW1 talk lol

Back