Guilty Gear 2: Overture

I am going to be honest. When I first read this I thought there is no way in hell this is TL-Crow. I have been over at Dustloop and people hate it not suprisingly. Mainstream reviewers hate it too but I don't trust them and their four point scale (7-9). But maybe it is a good stratety game. Sin does seem kinda cool in vids I have seen. He seems like a Dynasty Warriors character. The origionals though had their styles look ridiculous and stupid in 3d. Sol fights like the Apprentice with his sword not like a guy who uses firey punches and occasionally hits people with his chunk of metal in a few pokes. Ky also doesn't say coconuts.

The final boss theme is mindblowing.

If you don't like RTS, Sol is really your only option for taking the high level part seriously. Because Sol is really really really strong at actual Master v. Master fighting.

- Just a small example of Sol's silliness. Doesn't even touch the completely ridiculous damage buffs from dragon install.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm5500849 Opening round of a Sol v. Ky high lvl japanese match. Two critical downs from Sol in Round 1, A good example of Sol lol. Sol moves to the most important part of the field that he's likely to run into the enemy Master and forces 1v1 while doing light RTS to keep his troops attacking other ghosts. (Queen REALLY helps for this if you buy her contract early because she is easily the fastest troop in the game, as you can see in this vid). Result- Sol and Ky are about even on how many ghosts they control, and Ky getting downed twice puts him significantly behind in the game. Since Queen rapes the shit out of ghosts/masterghosts, this puts Ky in a really bad position because his Masterghost (home base) is that much closer to getting totally fucked by Queen.

Ky and Sin are also both mad buff at Master v. Master. Izuna/Raven/Valentine make up the middle ground between them and terrible, terrible Dr. Paradigm, who makes up for his total failfighting by having the best army in the game.

I'll be honest- it totally doesn't surprise me that most at dustloop hates it, because it wasn't made for them.

At Dustloop they have a real competitive vs. casual thing going on at times that seems kind of stupid. It is a shame too because most people there are really cool on both sides of the fence. After a certain point I told the competitive players the following after calling people who looked at the story or tinkered with EXs fags "It makes you look like a pompous ass performing autofellatio. No one feels motivated to improve when you just come across as having a frail ego and loves to suck your own cock. I am sure Owaga doesn't talk about the storyline and that he is too busy playing the game he loves which is why he is so great at it. But I doubt he feels compelled to bitch about how everyone who is interested in the story is a fag." Overall though they are a good bunch and made some of the best character guides I have ever seen.

I also never got why if they were going to do the whole Masterghost army they never put in Zappa? I mean he was sort of the most fitting character for that theme. RAOH ARMY! YOU WA SHOCK!

Zappa's dog is in Paradigm's army. I think? It's in someone's army, and I'm pretty sure it's his.

I'm pretty positive that GG2 will get a sequal since it seems to have sold well in japan, but obviousily your guess is as good as mine as to what characters will appear in it. Zappa would make for a good Master, but... honestly I like new characters more. I'd have been fine if Sol an Ky weren't in this, too.

At Dustloop they have a real competitive vs. casual thing going on at times that seems kind of stupid. It is a shame too because most people there are really cool on both sides of the fence. After a certain point I told the competitive players the following after calling people who looked at the story or tinkered with EXs fags "It makes you look like a pompous ass performing autofellatio. No one feels motivated to improve when you just come across as having a frail ego and loves to suck your own cock. I am sure Owaga doesn't talk about the storyline and that he is too busy playing the game he loves which is why he is so great at it. But I doubt he feels compelled to bitch about how everyone who is interested in the story is a fag." Overall though they are a good bunch and made some of the best character guides I have ever seen.

I also never got why if they were going to do the whole Masterghost army they never put in Zappa? I mean he was sort of the most fitting character for that theme. RAOH ARMY! YOU WA SHOCK!

I like the GG Story and characters as much as the next guy.

but fuck the casual fanbase on dustloop is full of fags. That's one of the reasons I post on SRK instead.

It's not so much the discussing the story, but posting shit like MAY MAKES MY PENIS HARD LOLOLOLO and other fucking fagtarded things you'd expect to see on narutofan or livejournal or something.

Anime fans are some of the most irritating people on earth. and unfortunately that's what makes up the casual, and probably most of the American GG community in general.

So I sympathize with dudes who put months and months into guides on a site full of manchildren talking about which GG characters they think would make the best couples or some shit.

Ontopic: How is Sin in this game?

I was playing through the story to get a feel for this game and was really having fun during one of his segments. Wondering how good he is overall compared to the other characters

Ontopic: How is Sin in this game?

I was playing through the story to get a feel for this game and was really having fun during one of his segments. Wondering how good he is overall compared to the other characters

I like him. He's a pretty decent all around fighter with a pretty decent all around army. Sins strong point seems to be in cooperation with his army. He has a good projectile in in Phantom barrel, which gets stronger the more friendlies you have with you, and if you have enough its SUPER strong. He also has a troop heal, which can make some of the more elite units REALLY hard to deal with.

Yeah, I like this game. I play Ky, run around and shoot CSE at everything.

Yes, the competitive GG players had no use for it since it wasn't a 2D fighting game, the GG fanboys didn't like it because it left out Bridget or whatever. Glad to see there some other level-headed people that play the game. Overture tournaments would be totally awesome, but that'll never happen given the 100 people in the US that appreciate the game.

I'm not gonna lie, I would have been much happier with another GG 2D fighter as opposed to Overture, but Overture is definitely fun. Sometimes the characters feel a little stiff in their evasive options, but that's probably just because I suck massively at this game (I was never all that great at RTSs and playing an RTS in which I also have to deal with my own health is difficult). Anyway, I just unlocked Ky about two weeks ago and he's definitely the most fun to play as for me.

GG2 Overture without Dizzy or Johnny is fail. >.>

Anyway, it does look like a decent game, but I always wondered, why do an RTS for the next step instead of just a 3d fighter? That would be a lot easier, and the fans wouldn't go bugshit on it like they are on GG2.

The voices of this game in English are hilarious. Ky sounds like he's 30 and it sounds like he should be in Lord of the Rings or something.

Because Miro wanted to make a new genre. GG2 was not meant to = GG in any way.

Chopper- Sin is super good. But so is everyone else. There's /no one/ in this game that you can't win with if you put the time into them.

Back