Guten Tag everyone

Flo

[10] Knight
Hi there, I'm Flo from Germany and I joined 8wayrun today after passively reading here for a few months - I guess I won't be able to wait for Soulcalibur V without discussing at least a little bit. Pleased to meet you all!

When it comes to fighting games I'm as casual as it gets. I don't like playing online since I never thought it's fun competing against unknown, faceless opponents, and I started my FG "career" with SCIII (I've never been that much of a console or arcade gamer, but SCIII somehow dragged me in). However, I don't have many friends who are into FGs either (what's more, none of them owns SCIV), so I usually find myself in practice mode or beating up buddies offline on friday nights, drinking heavily. I used to main Amy, but after realizing that she's no fun against untrained opponents, I started practicing Siegfried and Mitsurugi.

So why am I here now? I hesitate to join ger-calibur since there's way less going on than here and I found this community's recent discussions about what to expect from SCV quite entertaining. (Site navigation's also an issue; it's definitely easier navigating around the forums being logged in.) So, given that I'm clearly not on par with higher-level players, I'd like to contribute to 8wayrun from a casual point of view and by joining the SCV expectation and announcement discussions.

If you have any questions regarding me, please feel free to ask.

It's nice to meet you man. Being casual is cool there's room for everybody here, so don't sweat it. After having some bad experiences lately against random opponents online (win or lose, no respect) I share your dislike of playing against the unknown and the faceless. I've found since I started sticking to playing people from the boards I've had a lot more fun. If you wanna play against some friendly folks who are as into fighting games as you are, I might say you could do worse than to check out the online sub-forum here:
http://8wayrun.com/forums/online-mode-psn-xbl.44/

I tend to find nothing makes you want to get better at a fighting game than meeting a strong opponent who mops (or waxes) the floor with you but we've got people at all levels available to play against there. If you have any questions feel free to ask Enkindu, Senzait or myself.

Well now that that's squared away it's good to have you aboard, I always like when people shift from lurking to joining because you get a chance to know them. Have a good time and I hope you prove an entertaining addition to our discussions, lol. It seems like the more people join in the future, the harder it'll be to stand out. May as well get a head start now eh? lol. So you're from Germany eh? Oddball question for you here: Anything good on television there? Knew this exchange student, she loved Harold Schmitt.

Thanks for the welcome! I suppose I'm really going to check out the online matchmaking forum sometime soon, but I think I'll wait for SCV's release before I make that move. Perhaps then I can even take a bigger part in gameplay discussion here when gameplay mechanics aren't as well-known as SCIV's.

So you're from Germany eh? Oddball question for you here: Anything good on television there? Knew this exchange student, she loved Harold Schmitt.
Meh, I don't really watch TV except for sports. I digged Harald Schmidt a few years ago though when I watched TV on a more regular basis... seems like nowadays all that's broadcasted here are reality TV shows, Simpsons/HIMYM/TAAHM reruns and cookery shows which tend to bore the hell out of me.

yoyo,

du kannst dich ja zusätzlich auf ger-calibur anmelden... :) Sobald Sc5 draußen ist wirds da auch interessanter.

back to english....which city are you from? Maybe i can hook you up with some offline players!

So welcome, doc.

Heyho, willkommen auf 8WR, ich habe gar nicht gewusst, dass es hier noch andere aus Deutschland gibt. :)

Auf ger-calibur ist natürlich nicht so viel los wie hier, aber meld dich dort ruhig an. Wir brauchen jeden, der SC-interessiert ist dort auf der Seite, damit mehr los ist. Wir updaten zur Zeit immer alle News und planen schon ein paar Dinge, sobald das Spiel rauskommt!

Sry for the German. :P

@Neclord/docvizzo/Kalas: Tag zusammen, ich wußte schon, daß ich hier kein Alleinstellungsmerkmal habe. ;) Ich komme aus dem Herzen des Ruhrgebiets - irgendwelche Offline-Tips für die Gegend?

@Pocky-Yoshi: Thanks! Hey, at least you're off to a good start. ;)

For the time being, I'll stick around here. Maybe when SCV's out I'll hook up with ger-calibur, but I still wonder why the hype seems to be so much smaller than here or in the French community. Has the German community always been that less agitated?

Pffft speak whatever you like, just keep making your delicious fattening foods.

Fattening food? Which one exactly? :P

@ Flo

Actually Germany has the second biggest community in europe and one of the most liked tournaments. The reason why france is so more hyped is because they get to play SC5 all the fucking time :)

Plus they have the huge advantage of having a lot of players in the Paris area, while we in Germany are spread across the whole country. And to be honest i dont think anyone is active in your area, but there will be people back for SC5.

So enjoy your time here, but when you get serious about SC5 you will find the rest of us on ger-calibur.de...

Reactions: Flo
Siegfried

Always good to have more Siegfried players. Pleased to meet you - if you need to know anything about Siegfried at all, don't hesitate to ask. I'm onlne at least once every day, and can always find time to answer any questions you may have.

Welcome to 8-Way Run.

And to be honest i dont think anyone is active in your area, but there will be people back for SC5.

So enjoy your time here, but when you get serious about SC5 you will find the rest of us on ger-calibur.de...
Well, thought so. Five million and they all play Street Fighter and Tekken... I suck at these. :D

But thanks anyway, I shall join you if SCV meets my expectations in just the slightest bit. I'm so positively looking forward to that game!

Btw, I'm off to the kitchen. This thread is making me hungry.

Well, thought so. Five million and they all play Street Fighter and Tekken... I suck at these. :D

But thanks anyway, I shall join you if SCV meets my expectations in just the slightest bit. I'm so positively looking forward to that game!

Btw, I'm off to the kitchen. This thread is making me hungry.

Feel free to place blame on me. xD

Tells me an American? I would have never thought to see that. :)
Lol, well 30% of our people have some German decent. A good bit of the habit must come from you guys. :D

Fattening food? Which one exactly? :P

Particularly, Sausages. Bratwurst being my favorite, followed by frankfurters knockwurst and weisswurst. Also, a lot of great everyday sweets come from germany. Marzipan, gummy bears. Various cakes and crumbles, strudel, jelly donuts. Ah and let's not forget the beer. I can't say you guys don't eat well. Except for that rotted pickled steak dish maybe. I've never tried it, can't say I've ever seen a place that serves it even, but it makes me suspicious.

Back