Harrawesome's Absolutely Radical CAS Exhibition

Harrawesome

[09] Warrior
Hi there folks! I've been semi-lurking here for a while, but I decided it was finally time to release my creations unto you wonderful people. After all, I spend countless more hours in Create-A-Soul than I do in the rest of the game.

First up, my in-game likeness, Haruhide.
bgeA1er.png

I am, as a matter of fact, in no way at all Japanese. I have absolutely no reason to be a samurai other than the simple fact that it's pretty damn cool.

Here's Haruhide's 2P outfit.
7HkQOBW.png

I honestly haven't a clue where the ideas for this one came from. My main goal for this costume was to create a blend of Japanese and European styles. Personally, I was quite pleased with the turnout.

I also decided to create a slapstick kung-fu hero version of myself called Hong Meng (such a creative name, I know).
MAAqkfk.png

The color palette was inspired by watching 70s kung-fu flicks. As for the costume design, I basically just wanted to go over the top to show that this character would serve as a form of comic relief.

I'll be posting more soon, so keep your eyes peeled for updates! Thanks for stopping by!

This is some of the best work I've seen in a while, especially the P1. Superb technique. Clever use of bump mapping to extend the yin yang belt from the wrap onto the torso. the rabbit ears make for very convincing lapels. good job carrying the flame-like pattern on the pants to the vest too. the whole Jew-fro samurai concept is fun and fresh. the patterns and detailing are unapologetically flashy, but the trolly design mostly justifies this. you also offset this gaudiness with the subdued, earthy palette. the other two creations are good too, but I'm too lazy to elaborate.

I can tell from your creations that you've got a relaxed, self deprecating sense of humor. At the same time, your impeccable online grammar/punctuation suggests high personal integrity. You'll find that your efforts won't go unappreciated here. Best of luck, @Harrawesome.

Haruhide makes me think of my CAS Battle Jim(He has an afro). Only difference is he's wearing derp 'Murica properties. I'm swooned that your CAS could be his long lost cousin. That aside, your kung-fu dude is also cool. You have my undivided attention though I lurk mostly.

Oh, and you might enjoy the CaS contests, which you can find here:
http://8wayrun.com/threads/most-esteemed-one-shot-contest-thread.15703/
Obviously, the most current topic's on the last page. Take a look if you have the time!
I've been following the contests for quite some time actually! Love 'em. I intend to start participating soon, but as of right now I'm away from my PS3. I look forward to getting back in the game.

Also, thank you all SO MUCH for your kind words and encouragement! I'm overjoyed to be getting such a positive response on my first thread and I look forward to talking and sharing more with all of you!

I was worried you were not going to reply to those kind words, but now i am relieved.
Welcome to the CAS creator's club, may i ask something : how long have you been lurking exactly ?

I was worried you were not going to reply to those kind words, but now i am relieved.
Welcome to the CAS creator's club, may i ask something : how long have you been lurking exactly ?
Thanks VILARCANE, I'm thrilled to be a part of it! I'd say I've beeb lurking maybe a little less than a year. I've been playing SoulCalibur for a few years, but only recently discovered these forums.

Alright, I'm back with a little update! Today, I'm sharing two of my favorite 3P costumes.

First, my 3P Cervantes, aptly named Regal Cervantes.
L5bXAIM.png

I originally posted this costume in the custom Cervantes thread in which I pointed out that it was inspired by a Cervy costume that Le Bello shared previously. I used the cog as a steering wheel shaped brooch. I really aimed to make Cervantes look refined and eloquent as opposed to his usual brutish persona.

Secondly, my 3P Siegfried outfit, which I've lazily dubbed Warthog Siegfried.
H2C4v14.png

As some of you might be able to tell, I took a lot of inspiration from The Legend of Zelda's Ganon, specifically his A Link to the Past incarnation. However, my goal for this costume was not to make a straight up Ganon cosplay. I wanted a unique, tank-esque Siegfried sprinkled with little bits of Ganon.

That's all for today! Cheers, and thanks for stopping by!

Afternoon! I'm gunna pop in real quick to show off one character. It's one of my few recreated guest characters. I rarely make these because I believe that the characters should actually fit in to the atmosphere of Soul Calibur, and those only pop into my mind every so often. So without further ado, here's Finn the Human from Adventure Time!

ngRWG5S.png

I really strived towards a Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts look with this one. I figured it would make Finn's outfit a tad more period appropriate.
I5vNfdL.png

XBYKv2h.png

hicogS6.png

htkSPss.png

Ep5ZCRQ.png

Furthermore, if you feel like it, tell me your opinion! Do you prefer looking at characters in a collage or gallery format? Thanks, feedback is always appreciated. See you soon!

That warthog Siegfried is kinda saint seyaesque ._. Nice / no gallery please and not so fond of spoiler tags either

I also like PigSieg. Pretty colors, and I've never seen that helmet before. Interesting. One nitpick, was there as reason you didn't line up the feathers of strength at the front? A few ticks of angle and horizontal/width can merge the pieces quite smoothly. Oh, and great Finn too. Surprisingly tasteful troll character. You did a really great job decking him out with stickers and stuff. Really cool spin on a goofy cartoon character. I'm sure you'd do great with all the rest of the AT charas. Too bad you weren't around for the Marvel or DC contests cuz I think you would've liked those. Anyways, keep up the good work!

I also like PigSieg. Pretty colors, and I've never seen that helmet before. Interesting. One nitpick, was there as reason you didn't line up the feathers of strength at the front? A few ticks of angle and horizontal/width can merge the pieces quite smoothly. Oh, and great Finn too. Surprisingly tasteful troll character. You did a really great job decking him out with stickers and stuff. Really cool spin on a goofy cartoon character. I'm sure you'd do great with all the rest of the AT charas. Too bad you weren't around for the Marvel or DC contests cuz I think you would've liked those. Anyways, keep up the good work!
Thanks a bunch brucege! You know what? When I look at PigSieg's helmet, I honestly can't tell you why I didn't line it up. No more than a silly mistake I presume.

Gee, it's been a while. I finally got around to taking some screenshots and actually bringing myself to compile them together, so let's get started.

First up is my interpretation of Beowulf.
TaAMZ7c.png

Not much is to be said about him, but he was a hell of a lot of fun to make.

Here we have Hanzou, my idea of a Japanese pirate.
0HczHGx.png

His costume allowed me to try out a few different techniques I hadn't previously used.

This is Haruhide's 3P outfit. The kabuki boxing champ.
O8jHKdw.png

I know the clipping on the belt is horrible, but I love this darn costume so much I've chosen not to care.

Lastly, but not leastly, is Luther, my all-American bald eagle warrior.
GZbcFWv.png

I couldn't tell you precisely why I chose the name Luther of all things. It just seemed appropriately intimidating.

That's all for now, folks! Until next time!

Back