Hilde: Q&A/General Discussion Thread

Works for me on wake up after knocking someone down. Fully charged it can be followed with C1A on block which catches a lot of players off guard or C2B if it connects. Test the waters first, see if your opponent mashes or grabs on wakeup, if they do it will more often than not be countered.
To be honest, that's what I was doing in the first place, great minds think alike I guess. Also I agree in Runis' idea about match up knowledge, its so crucial with Hilde. Anyway, any specific moves you like to counter with, I tend to use 2A+B but if blocked it leaves you at a strong disadvantage, along with A charges close and B charges from afar.

For tech crouch moves, B+K is 5 frames slower than 2A+B but it also tech crouches and is safe on block. If you don't mind using a High as a TC, 66B is i18 and combos into 66K 2B.
Your go to interrupt if you want safety however should always be 2A or 4A. Both are i13, safe and give +8 on hit.

For tech crouch moves, B+K is 5 frames slower than 2A+B but it also tech crouches and is safe on block. If you don't mind using a High as a TC, 66B is i18 and combos into 66K 2B.
Your go to interrupt if you want safety however should always be 2A or 4A. Both are i13, safe and give +8 on hit.
These are the reasons your the boss around here. Also, anyone a fan of 3BA~C1B

Personally, I don't really use 3ba~a1b too often because the second hit of the 3ba is pretty difficult to hit confirm, and on block the a can be ducked or JG'ed quite easily, even if you mix it up with B instead of A because the B is quite slow and easy to see coming.

I'm a little paranoid by how easy it is for a move to be JG'ed because I play with people who JG strings all the time, and it makes me use only the safest moves in the game lol.

3a punish guide posted in Hilde Punishers.

Agreed, I may have to revamp my style after watching that video.
I never knew that 66K and 3[a] were that effective.
66K is a safe i14 mid
SPAM IT FOR THE HOMELAND

If they block 22B, and you do 66K they must block it if they do anything else then block they will get CHd in that situation 66K even beats all movement options

I also just saw someone defending zwei
I dare you to pick zwei against me
HES SO FREE
I enjoy free wins
Raph aeon zwei for garbage tier

I personally feel that one of Hilde's biggest advantages is her flash which is simply overwhelming psychologically. For example, her c3B, 2B, and 66AB have a certain zing to them. Obviously all of these attacks do guard damage which is why they have the zing lightning effect, but beyond this I feel her variable movement as a character makes these attacks seem much more aggressive to the opponent player.

I have mained Hilde since Soul Caliber IV and coming into V to me Hilde is a daunting character because her style is very explosive. Whereas many characters constantly build up momentum to be effective, Hilde can move from stillness to aggression very quickly. Of course this has a lot to do with my playing style, but Hilde's stance and movements give off a strong sense of confidence, that when Hilde is utilized properly can be psychologically stressful for the opponent.

Beyond this a simplistic tactic that I am starting to apply to attempt to psych my opponents out slightly is A-->G or K-->G. Essentially I am inputting the horizontal or the kick and then sliding to guard really quickly cancelling the moves. This results in the case of the horizontal a really small step forward, and in the case of the kick a really small step backward. And if you are playing an opponent who is a little stressed out after you have utilized Hilde's strong start/stop playing style, it has the tendency to place you in a good position to utilize potential openings.

Something that I have noticed in my short time of playing Hilde is that she is pretty free to attacks that TC, as most of her mid options are slow and unsafe. I was just wondering if there is anything I can use to beat out TC or if I'm forever fated to get my ass kicked by Natsus and Voldos. I've found that 3K works...some of the time anyway. While I'm at it, I might as well ask another question. How do you all get heavy pressure off of you? Is GIng enough or is it something else?

This should be in the general discussion thread.
66K is an excellent, safe mid that should be use quite often. Her charge A's are also among the best mids in the game because they catch step and hit mid, which forces your enemy to block it since they can't do anything else.

When under pressure just spam 4A, 2A, or 8a until you get a hit in. After that, use 66K or release charge A to push them back. The charge A will catch all sidesteps so if they move they will take some decent damage. Pressure is wierd with Hilde, and finding what works requires time in training mode, a lot of time (read the Hilde Punishers thread for some ideas).

Natsu is probably Hilde's hardest matchup, I've been writing some stuff on this matchup specifically, so stay tuned for that.

She has great mids wat..........?
natsu isn't that hard for hilde either since you have an amazing 2A
I think natsu is the most overrated character atm

Isn't 66K also i13? 4A is high so players can duck it, 2A is special low so players duck it, throws can be...ducked...?

66K is i14

also as soon as we get this situation sorted out with my mod powers which seem to be not working due to some xenforo glitch im going to be merging this with general discussion

Edit i merged a fuckload of stuff into this thread please use this thread for all questions.

Back