[Houston, Tx] Home of the Calibur House!

Okay so I know this is a bit early but I wanna start getting the word out there. It's looking like a couple of top tier Calibur players are moving to Houston. We will have the first ever home dedicated to practicing Calibur, playing Calibur, and putting out loads of entertaining and educational content for Calibur. I'm looking to maybe setting up bi-weekly if not weekly sessions with locals out here and establishing an offline scene larger than the four people who will be at this house.

As of now nothing is set in stone. The guys still have to move in, work schedules are going to have to be figured out and all that kind of stuff before we can pinpoint what day and time will work out best for everyone in the house. But as I said I just wanted to get the word out and let everyone here in Houston know that there WILL be a scene, we will be a competitive scene (everyone in the house is a tournament player), and there will finally be a place where people can go and get that offline play and not have to rely on online gaming.

If anyone is interested please feel free to post here or hit me up on a PM. We're located in NW Houston and will have plenty of set ups and whatever is needed to play. If you wanna get a better idea on just exactly where we're at just google map W. Mount Houston and Royal Village Rd.

I was able to do this for three years while living in Seattle and made some great friends. Pretty much every week we had a session so I'm hoping to be able to do something like that here. PLEASE know that we are taking people of all skill level. I'm an old man and complete scrub but we'll have some of if not the highest skilled players in this house so there will be room for everyone.

It is our goal to grow the scene as much as we can and the first step is to help grow our local scene for sure. Don't be shy or nervous to reach out. Everyone here is more than welcoming to those who want to share this common interest or passion with us. Who knows what we can build together. Hope to hear from a bunch of you, and please reach out to your friends that may have an interest. I myself don't use Facebook (I do have twitter though @GreatOne1939, DM me) at all so if there's a way to reach people that way please link this to them and let's all get the word out on what we're trying to do here.

I'll probably join up with you guys from time to time. I did quite a few tournaments in the Soul Calibur 3 days, but that was a while ago :p

I'll probably join up with you guys from time to time. I did quite a few tournaments in the Soul Calibur 3 days, but that was a while ago :p
Hey man the more the merrier. Hit me up any time. We don't have a lot of time before this game comes out and we're gonna hit the streets running when it does. You won't have any better teachers or competitors anywhere else.

Also I noticed you said you're around the Willowbrook area in an earlier post. I live right where 249 changes to W. Mount Houston so we're not far apart at all

Also I noticed you said you're around the Willowbrook area in an earlier post. I live right where 249 changes to W. Mount Houston so we're not far apart at all
I've moved to the Galleria since then, but it's still not too terribly far from that location.

After thought? I think you forget who held houston down all through soul calibur 5 and kept houston the dominant city in Texas throughout the games life. Though we were not strong in 4 we still held it down for Houston. We are still here waiting for 6 to drop. We're much more than an afterthought....

After thought? I think you forget who held houston down all through soul calibur 5 and kept houston the dominant city in Texas throughout the games life. Though we were not strong in 4 we still held it down for Houston. We are still here waiting for 6 to drop. We're much more than an afterthought....
No. No you were not. Pasadena scene was at it's highest in SC4 and that wasn't much to talk about. Held what down in SC5? In less than a year after the game came out the only person that was visible was C-money. After that I remember 2 maybe three guys, none of them from Pasadena by the way, try to get an offline scene going. Unfortunately that didn't work out due to distance, time, and lack of consistent venue.

Either way all of that will be solved when SC6 comes out. I've got 3 actual competitors moving into the city and my home (two of which you can watch place top 3 at the SC6 Evo tournament), at least one other OG who has committed to join in on our weekly/bi-weekly sessions, and I've reached out to our compatriots in near by cities (i.e. Dallas, New Orleans and Memphis) who have committed to come down when we run some house tournaments. These people include, IceColdEdge, possibly LinkRkc, Lolo from Mexico, Mick from Memphis, and Menace from the N.O. We getting things popping over hear man. Listen I'm not shitting on any of those guys. Bboy, JD, Danman, etc. all good people. But Houston is where it's going to be at.

No. No you were not. Pasadena scene was at it's highest in SC4 and that wasn't much to talk about. Held what down in SC5? In less than a year after the game came out the only person that was visible was C-money. After that I remember 2 maybe three guys, none of them from Pasadena by the way, try to get an offline scene going. Unfortunately that didn't work out due to distance, time, and lack of consistent venue.

Either way all of that will be solved when SC6 comes out. I've got 3 actual competitors moving into the city and my home (two of which you can watch place top 3 at the SC6 Evo tournament), at least one other OG who has committed to join in on our weekly/bi-weekly sessions, and I've reached out to our compatriots in near by cities (i.e. Dallas, New Orleans and Memphis) who have committed to come down when we run some house tournaments. These people include, IceColdEdge, possibly LinkRkc, Lolo from Mexico, Mick from Memphis, and Menace from the N.O. We getting things popping over hear man. Listen I'm not shitting on any of those guys. Bboy, JD, Danman, etc. all good people. But Houston is where it's going to be at.
This is C-Money. We did have a very strong consistent scene. There was no Pasadena/Houston Division during 5. We were all Houston and it made us all better. We did have a consistent venue (U of H) at the peak of the games life. It upsets me because you speak of the Houston scene like you've been here the whole time. You only made appearances a couple of times. There are at least 6+ other people ready to play once 6 drops. We are all aware of the amazing talent moving to Houston and we are all excited to train and grow the scene with them. We are all one in this big ass city we call Houston. WE All can make Houston a great city for Calibur. With the other cities (SA,Dal,Aus) WE can make Texas the powerhouse of Soul Calibur this time around.

Last edited:
I would also like to respectfully ask if you could change the thread name back to what is was and close it. This thread spans 2 versions of Soul. The level of shit talking in this thread is legendary and will never be rivaled and for me it holds some sentimental value. Let's close this chapter in legendary Houston Calibur and Start new one under a unified Houston.

This is C-Money. We did have a very strong consistent scene. There was no Pasadena/Houston Division during 5. We were all Houston and it made us all better. We did have a consistent venue (U of H) at the peak of the games life. It upsets me because you speak of the Houston scene like you've been here the whole time. You only made appearances a couple of times. There are at least 6+ other people ready to play once 6 drops. We are all aware of the amazing talent moving to Houston and we are all excited to train and grow the scene with them. We are all one in this big ass city we call Houston. WE All can make Houston a great city for Calibur. With the other cities (SA,Dal,Aus) WE can make Texas the powerhouse of Soul Calibur this time around.

I'm not trying to start shit bruh. Man I was gonna write a whole essay here in response to a few of your comments but yeah none of that matters. I'm inviting people and letting them know we're open to creating, cultivating, and maintaining a scene for this new game. If you wanna come through, please by all means you're more than welcome. Right now I'm just putting out the Houston name on this thread because it's more recognizable. I'm not trying to be divisive between Houston or any of it's suburbs/neighbors.

I'm not trying to start shit bruh. Man I was gonna write a whole essay here in response to a few of your comments but yeah none of that matters. I'm inviting people and letting them know we're open to creating, cultivating, and maintaining a scene for this new game. If you wanna come through, please by all means you're more than welcome. Right now I'm just putting out the Houston name on this thread because it's more recognizable. I'm not trying to be divisive between Houston or any of it's suburbs/neighbors.
It's all good man. Was just addressing more of less the state the scene was left in after 5. We all have the same goals when this game comes out. Just know that there is a lot more houston talent hanging around that dont post on here. We just have to bring everyone together. U of H would be a good starting place for all of us to gather at some point before 6 drops and get to know each other.

Back