How I feel about America.

Status
Not open for further replies.

damn-I-Suck

[12] Conqueror
This picture says it all:

images.jpg

I truly believe that America is spiraling downhill. We have huge deficits, illiterate and uneducated masses, greedy wars, dishonest politicians, bad popular music, mindless reality TV shows, baby boomers all retiring at once creating a huge economic burden for young taxpayers, petty partisan politics, and last but not least fact that America is no longer the leader in science and innovation.

Is America going to fall just like the Roman Empire did?

View attachment 15114

I truly believe that America is spiraling downhill. We have huge deficits, illiterate and uneducated masses, greedy wars, dishonest politicians,
welcome to every politician post Reagan, You just noticing this,ya?

bad popular music, mindless reality TV shows
ROFL
How is that a symbol of the decline?
protip: if its popular it means you are the minority in not liking it...go be hipster somewhere else

View attachment 15114

I truly believe that America is spiraling downhill. We have huge deficits, illiterate and uneducated masses, greedy wars, dishonest politicians, bad popular music, mindless reality TV shows, baby boomers all retiring at once creating a huge economic burden for young taxpayers, petty partisan politics, and last but not least fact that America is no longer the leader in science and innovation.

Well whilst many have noticed and have spoken yet again on issues like this, it's not just america alone, it's everywhere in most cases to be honest.

I especially agree with you on the music aspect though, shitty rehashed fake instruments, I'd rather listen to classics, songs of the 60's, 70's 80's when people were original with their material, even decades before. Mindless reality TV shows I agree are a waste, hence I choose to watch anime or real drama...

But do note, be thankful that you are even alive, and have access to common luxury that even poor kids would value so highly, stop complaining and press on forward in life, typing and expressing complaints get you nowhere unless solid action is taken, to be quite frank I'd really love to go to America on visit for a change one day...

AZ

Rambling.....

America is one of the most sought after countries imho. I mean, any country that's poverty stricken would be overjoyed to be in America or so. Sure there is drawbacks on what is bad, but we have the luxury to make the most of it as good citizens. So far though, certain peeps don't know how to appreciate the privileges big or small.

I could go to my parents and ask which country they prefer and they would probably say America over their homeland. Sure they'd visit where they come from, since it's their heritage. But, they much rather prefer America over Jamaica(My dad's side) and Philippines(My mom's side).

As Rakim said, "It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at." So on that note, cherish America for as long as you can. For you only realize what you have once it's gone.

View attachment 15114

1) bad popular music,
2) mindless reality TV shows
3) and last but not least fact that America is no longer the leader in science and innovation.

1) Try underground.

2) Don't watch.

3) Americans are humans like everyone else in the world, a 3rd world citizen can be as smart as a 1st world citizen if he/she has the same resources.

I have being reading all this for almost as long as I've had the internet. Hell, I thought Politicians were corrupt even when I was a child! Truth is, where there is a political system, there will always be some form of corruption - It's only more in our face now because well - the internet has brought a lot of stuff out. Which is a good thing, if you ask me.

As for bad popular music, please take off your rose tinted glasses. Bad popular music has always being there, only the good stuff from the time period gets remembered and from an outsider's view, they may think there was no bad music from that time period. We've always had to dig through a load of crap to find the good stuff.

TV has always being rather mindless, if you ask me. I'm not keen on the whole reality TV thing either but trust me, people were bitching about something else TV wise in other time periods too.

I'm not saying things aren't bad economically. I have to leave Ireland, not to just find myself but to actually stand a proper chance at getting work! Even then, I still have it WAY better than countless others elsewhere who would kill to be in my position!

The reason you feel so hopeless is because you feel powerless as this is all out of your control. Well, what I have learned is that you should really only care about something you CAN control - YOU! I can control my world view and my approach to life. Sure, some things about how the world works irks me but all in all, I am on the driving seat so stop blaming all the crap other people, the government, the media, etc. That is what cowards do!

Some of you people seem to be confused. I don't blame my own personal problems on the world. I do however, notice a steady decline in a mighty empire.

For the record, I don't "hate" America. I understand perfectly that it's still one of the best places to live. I was merely making at observation that a once world-dominated power is becoming a secondary. It pains me to see the place I live fall so far from where it was. No, I don't want it to fall, but I feel like it's inevitable now.

When I said bad popular music, I should have also mentioned that many of today's "musicians" can't even play an instrument. They have mixers do the beat, and many of them literally steal music from classic rock artists, put a little spin on it and make millions for a complete lack of creativity. No, this is not nostalgia, because I do in fact like a lot of new music, but it's drowned out by the shitty majority. I literally can't even listen to the radio anymore, it's like 99% shit for me. I can honestly say that rock is dying a slow death, and being replaced by rap and hip-hop, which are 2 genres that require no instrumental ability whatsoever, because like I said mixers and keyboards play the same repetitive beat over and over again. Singing might be the only quality they have going for them.

@synraii.

You've made it abundantly clear that every post I make, literally EVERY post, will have your negative feedback to come with it. You don't have to post your hatred of me anymore. Don't you think it's starting to become a bit redundant? You think I'm shit. Everyone knows, I know, so please move on, and get a life. Don't you have better things to do with your time?

To those who don't believe in complaining: I'm happy for you that you think the world is perfect as it is, I don't agree with that notion. If you wanna live your life with your tail tucked between your legs, and never speak up against "the man", then you have allowed the evil powers to do exactly what they want to do. Evil exists in the world because good men do nothing.

To those who don't believe in complaining: I'm happy for you that you think the world is perfect as it is, I don't agree with that notion. If you wanna live your life with your tail tucked between your legs, and never speak up against "the man", then you have allowed the evil powers to do exactly what they want to do. Evil exists in the world because good men do nothing.

This is called Hyperbole, and invalidates your arguments by using it.

Look, I can do it too.

When you are done jobbing to the whims of internet message board goons and grow a pair, I'll start taking what you say seriously.

Idle, you will never take me seriously, so stop pretending.

I wasn't purposefully exaggerating if that's what you think. I meant every word I said. If you think I was, that's an opinion.

Idle, you will never take me seriously, so stop pretending.

I wasn't purposefully exaggerating if that's what you think. I meant every word I said. If you think I was, that's an opinion.

The fact that you mean it is exactly what makes you a hyperbolic fool. Get a radio talk show if that is how you want to live your life, and move to Montana and be a crazy person. My criticism isn't your exaggeration- it's that you think beating your chest and declaring proudly that you are serious and mean it and it's your opinion. You are PROUD of your ignorance, and that is just sad.

Rethink your thought processes. They are ultimately harmful to you.

when i read the title i was curious and neutral about what this thread was going to be about. but now that i'm at the bottom i feel disheartened that once again a person wanted to make a point but presented it the wrong way.
this part was the bullet that killed it for me. lumping people into the negative category because they don't agree fully with your ideals. bad move in my opinion.

^It's not that they don't agree, it's that they think complaining is for wimps. That is what I have a problem with

For gods sake, if it isn't one week it's the next...

kid, stop spamming 8WR with stupid threads that you are crying about something in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back