How to beat Harada?

3DStrider

[08] Mercenary
Can someone please tell me an easy way to beat Harada? He's just insanely hard and cheap. I need help beating this impossible boss.

I would tell you to bait the EWGF's but, your playing the cpu so that doesn't really work.. Recognize his moveset and, evade + whiff punish (with critical edge if you can for big damage). If your character has any Auto Gi's try using theme.

I would tell you to bait the EWGF's but, your playing the cpu so that doesn't really work..

I recall 2, and 3 (not to sure on 3, but 3's ai sucked in general) having horribly inept AI if you just kept your distance at the start, resulting in them either using moves that send them off the edge (Mostly Cerv) or were punishable.

But if you're talking about actually playing and not button mashing like a seven-year-old, yes I'm new.

Lots of TC moves to get under the EWGF spam. Raphael offers some nice options for a newer player for getting under it. Use his 66B and 44B to your advantage, as well as his Shadow Evade in Prep stance. Quick Step also rapes EWGF, just watch for his step killing stuff like his ff3 (not sure what the notation is in SCIV, as I haven't tried SoDJ style yet). Also, take every opportunity you get to punish a blocked Rising Uppercut (non-guard break EWGF); experiment in training mode to see what your character of choice has to punish that move. I don't have the guide so I don't know what its frames are on block though, so I can't give any suggestions.

The true way to beat him....
....is to hit him a lot more than he hits you.

Actually, you can scrub out a win on him with Xiba fairly easy. Every AI player (even in Legendary Souls) will roughly 80% of the time start the match in one of two ways: rushing at you like an idiot, or stepping randomly. As soon as the match starts try to figure out which one DVJ is going to do. If he rushes, hit 4B. If he side steps, AAK. Get distance and use 1A to sweep him from range. When he uses the Devil specials you need to side step into 22B 236236A+B+K. Use REM B to keep him back since he likes to approach linearly most of the time. If he side steps when you REM, use AK -> 236236A+B+K.

Can someone please tell me an easy way to beat Harada? He's just insanely hard and cheap. I need help beating this impossible boss.
I just ran into him for the first time:
I won 3-1 with Alpha Patroklos, 3rd of the 4 rounds was actually a perfect in my favour.

My advice is first of all stop sucking =P, then use a lot of tech crouch attacks. He use about as much stuff to make you want to stand as SCV Astaroth has, which isn't much, lol.

Anyone else who won this thought 'If this DVJ was playing in BR he would be so free' at all?

Well I thought I had to beat him to unlock Devil Jin, but I waswrong. Since I unlocked him anyway, you guys can stop responding now.

Back