How To Just Guard

DrakeAldan

Follow the rules!

A lot of people have been asking this question. Even at EVO, I've noticed a lot of people don't JG like I do. I don't see why not- the technique is easy to do. And once you know how, you'll probably be better than me!

The important thing to know is that JG is activated upon release of the guard button.
The JG window is 6 frames (that's relatively big!)
That means that hitting a JG is not like hitting an aPatroklos JF- it's just timing. That's all it is!

Once you know how to do it, the only thing stopping you is having the courage to actually do it, to let go of guard with the possibility of getting hit. Free your mind from the shackles of the self, and achieve true nirvana!

Or something!

Good luck out there!

My brother JG's one out of every seven attacks offline. I JG one out of twelve. Online is a whole different story though, since I have a crappy connection.

Yes, I actually count them.

Once you know how to do it, the only thing stopping you is having the courage to actually do it, to let go of guard with the possibility of getting hit. Free your mind from the shackles of the self, and achieve true nirvana!

That's the hardest thing for me. Seeing the brave edge but not wanting to possibly get hit

Thanks for the video. I haven't had much luck with JG, but I guess I haven't really been doing it right, lol. I'll have to try it in training later.

It was crazy seeing raph's BE get completely just guarded like that. And scary. XD

JG is easy, you just have to know the moves your opponents do. Pyrrha's 66B BE, Asta's 66K BE, Viola's CE~UB(Really hard) and other common moves that can be timed. Basically, the moves that do more than one hit(Sorry is this is redundant).

So, to clarify, you can't just be holding guard and release it when you want to JG - you've got to tap it.

The only BE I usually JG is Astaroth's 66K BE( I believe thats the right input) his 2nd hit only tho and I've JG Cervantes' bullet once outta sheer luck or God released the button O-o but either way I chicken out mostly .__.

Wow, very nice. I never use JG. But watching this makes me wanna practice it now. Maybe I'll give it a go if it helps me be/get better. :)

I didnt know that JG did half the things you said in the video, thanks alot! :D Big help!

Back