If there was a Soul Calibur VI, prequel/sequel/reboot/retcon?

I wonder is it was still possible for them to reboot SC5.
Anything is possible. I mean, they somewhat did that with Soul Calibur 4 with Broken Destiny. Not so much reboot but added more to the game. It sucked that they only released it for the PSP and later DLC game. I would have liked f they also made it an expansion for those who already had IV.

But anyway, I won't be surprised if they do make a Soul Calibur 5: Chronicles or something like that lol But it seems unlikely at the moment considering not a word has been spoken about the game.

Either create a SC that is about the 17 year time gap or keep going. Rebooting SCV would just piss people off and make them whine even more about how SCV isn't perfect.

I just think SC5's ideas need to be rearranged into a better order and represented rather then start fresh. Pyrha's off screen backstory was a lot more interesting then her in game preformance.

I just think SC5's ideas need to be rearranged into a better order and represented rather then start fresh. Pyrha's off screen backstory was a lot more interesting then her in game preformance.

Nononononono... EVERYBODY'S backstory is more interesting than 5's story.

I want to see Setsuka train Patroklos.
I want to see Le Bello actually in the story.
I want to see Kilik and Xianghua making Xiba.

Yeah, I read Pyrrha's backstory on the wiki site and it was interesting to say the least. Her in game performance was rather weak. I'm sure if they showed some cutscenes of the life she had living under Tura's wing would make it more tolerable to deal with why she is so whiny and albeit, a bit annoying. Don't get me wrong, I like her but her constant whining was murder on my ears. But at least if they showed actual CGI fooage of her experience under Tira would give more closure.

Yeah, I agree here too. I read most of their backstories before the game came out so I was very pumped to see how it would play and look on screen and well, you know lol
And if I saw Setsuka training Patroklos, I would have taken it better for when they switched Pat's style.
Le Bello could easily fit in the story too. Just let him be a wandering con man. :D
And Kilik getting it on with Xiba... >//>
lol

I'd also want to add
The emergence of Amy *cough* I mean, Viola. xD
Raphael losing his sanity and becoming the new Nightmare
Natsu alongside with Taki

I'd also want to add
The emergence of Amy *cough* I mean, Viola. xD
Raphael losing his sanity and becoming the new Nightmare

I always saw it as:

Raphael fights NM, gets "Sharded," turns Vamp.
Wants MOAR POWA - Goes back to fight again - NM is nearly dead due to Sieg.
Crawls up to Raphael and takes over his manliness.
Amy goes literally apeshit. Hair goes white from shock, loses memory - Regresses into recluse who reads the... moon.
ZWEI, Raph's half-German, half-Poodle distant relative (throwing that in there,) finds her and is like "DAAAAAAAMMMNNNNN GIRL, YOU FINE."

Every time NM now fights someone, Raphael sees himself fighting them (as Raphael,) constantly telling himself it's for Amy. In reality he is fulfilling NM's wishes, not his own. Half Ghost - Half Illusion.

AMMMMYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

I don't see how that could work for fighting games though. I mean what could that entail other than a cutscene that's only good to watch once or some ridiculously stupid gimmick fight? I can picture it now...

Pyrrha in more modest, completely plain peasant clothes carrying two buckets of water with a random guy she needs to murder standing in her way...The objective? Kill the guy without spilling too much water! Kicks only, being hit ends the battle, running or using quickstep spills all of the water and you have to start over. GOOD LORD THAT SOUNDS LIKE FUN!

At least if they showed actual CGI fooage of Pyrrha's experience under Tira would give more closure.

Yeah, I'm also pretty tired of no one believing me when I tell them that Tira likes to be on top. Can't blame ya there.

And if I saw Setsuka training Patroklos, I would have taken it better for when they switched Pat's style.

It's still absurd, though. He's 19 in SCV, right? And he left home at 15. Somewhere between Rothion's death and SCV's story starting he made it from Athens to Istanbul and just-so-happened to wander to the one oprhanage in Turkey that was run by an iaido master? And he mastered iaido to animu levels of mastery in four years or less? Cutscenes wouldn't make that story easier to sell, just the notion of it destroys my suspension of disbelief. EVen moreso than our soul-devouring swords, weapons randomly being engulfed by fire, and the like.

It's still absurd, though. He's 19 in SCV, right? And he left home at 15. Somewhere between Rothion's death and SCV's story starting he made it from Athens to Istanbul and just-so-happened to wander to the one oprhanage in Turkey that was run by an iaido master? And he mastered iaido to animu levels of mastery in four years or less? Cutscenes wouldn't make that story easier to sell, just the notion of it destroys my suspension of disbelief. EVen moreso than our soul-devouring swords, weapons randomly being engulfed by fire, and the like.

Oh I forgot about that detail about how short it took him to master the style. That really is just unbelievable. I mean, I know people can be quick learners but it's just... Bleh...

I mean if they're introducing these new characters intended to be the new faces they want to popularize they have to make us familiar with them first. A rushed introduction for new faces is the worst way to start them off. People will still be attached to the veterans because they failed to pursuade these people over with intrest. SC5's story was real bad because it felt more like if I were to just pick and episode of Naruto Shippuden at random within the hundreds and start reading for the first time. This story didn't feel like "Episode 1"

I don't see how that could work for fighting games though. I mean what could that entail other than a cutscene that's only good to watch once or some ridiculously stupid gimmick fight? I can picture it now...
Edit: It's actually not that hard to rationslize. If they really wanted to follow MK9's storymode quality they should have followed presentation not format. If they're trying to introduce and develop characters from scratch with us then we should see their every move and live through each of their experiences while being taught how to play the game. Basically I can picture storymode having some RPG elements but not an RPG formula. You know in most RPGs the first fight usually starts off the story but because it's easiest to plow through? Well storymode to me should be the mode for Noobs or casuals that need to learn the game. They cn through you into tutorial based fights tied to the story for certain ways to beat a character.
As I said. What they did placing the characters up in SC5 was way too early. Natsu's group shouldn't already be paired up and casual with each other. If ths is the first time we meet them then it should be the first time they meet. (SC4 had characters join you after you beat them then leave you after you split off from then, well rather then random characters; they should be the ones specifically tied to your aliance.) Every character starts off alone and then groups up together during the mode but through the order based on who you selected to play as. (Natsu = Leixia / Xiba / Maxi) (Leixia = Natsu / Xiba / Maxi) etc.

Now, after you select a character to play as, the story itelf should start off from where the character's story actually starts. If Pyrrha is a sex slave or convicted for the muder of so-and-so; you start off in a prison. A cutscene shows you in the cell, Tira will appear and tell you to leave. Then you're thrown into a fight against random people in a castle. (Basically SC3 Style) While you fight you are told through mid-fight dialogue the narration to what's happening while you're fighting from either the narrator or Tira.
"Pyrhha had suffered for many days imprisoned for the heinous crime-Blah-blah-"

They can even give you a specific requirement ailement to make the fights less generic: Guard is disabled, can only be offensive or before the Clock runs out.

Then You unlock her base weapons for use outside the mode and nextfight you unlock her 1P costume for creation mode. (when she gets it)
The final sub-boss of the specifc stage would be Dampierre, the concluding cutscene of that scenario shows Pyrrha giving her monologue about what she feels or who she is during an animated cutscene showing her leave the prison or Tira outside for the next event into her story.

Pyrrha in more modest, completely plain peasant clothes carrying two buckets of water with a random guy she needs to murder standing in her way...The objective? Kill the guy without spilling too much water! Kicks only, being hit ends the battle, running or using quickstep spills all of the water and you have to start over. GOOD LORD THAT SOUNDS LIKE FUN!
If this was Fable. It would be manditory and pointless no less but this is a fighting game. All you need to do is fight just under stat related conditions.

As I said. In a Tales of Souls Format: You start off from where her story actually starts. If Pyrrha is a sex slave you start fighting random people in a castle an attempt to "escape;" while you hear mid-fight dialogue of the narration to what's happening while you're fighting. "Though Pyrhha fought bravely against her attackers.. blah blah-"
Compared to the veterans, who didn't have this and apparently they are "understood" to people?

As I said. In a Tales of Souls Format: You start off from where her story actually starts. If Pyrrha is a sex slave you start fighting random people in a castle an attempt to "escape;" while you hear mid-fight dialogue of the narration to what's happening while you're fighting. "Though Pyrhha fought bravely against her attackers.. blah blah-"
Fight requirement: Guard is disabled, can only be offensive. / Or your health is low and have to beat a team wave of generic slave masters or something. You unlock her base weapons for use outside the mode and nextfight you unlock her 1P costume for creation mode. (when she gets it)
Then after you fight Dampierre, the concluding cutscene of that scenario shows Pyrrha giving her monologue then leaves the area into the next event into her story. If shes going to get engnged, you watch the cutcene or hear the narration, he dies then you encounter Tira. etc.
Not bad storyline.

See now that was what I was hoping they would do. Replace EVERY character and start fresh. So in other words, they should've had a replacement for Siegfried, Mitsurugi (especially him), Cervantes, and so on. The only one who'd be hard to replace is Tira.

Honestly I should have spoke up when Daishi was asking where the story should go. The set up for SCV just wasn't there. There's this evil cult led by an evil priest named Kenpaetku that's been around since Soul Calibur 1, but hasn't really been explored. They created Astaroth and the lizardmen, and they want to use Soul Edge to bring about the apocalypse. Sounds like a story hook if I ever heard one. Maybe Kenpaetku himself could be a boss who turns himself into a monster and kills sophitia. Then snake god Palgaea could be the end boss, perhaps fighting like a powered-up Lizardman as Night Terror or something.This would have been perfect if they went with Nightmare's ending where he covers the world in blood, darkness and burns it down. THEN everyone would be dead. The biggest if not the core factor to why the new generation isnt so well accepted is because they were never introduced. The end of the old world will spark a new one. SC5 skipped the introduction through peace or crisis. ( I mean why the hell is nightmare still in the game if all he does is laugh evily and then run away?) Make him win first so that the new kids have someone to work up to defeating.

Snip of awesome

Now you my friend, I like how you think. That story sounds very interesting and had they went that route, I would have been more hooked on the story. I forgot all about the evil god and you're right, he has been around since the early Soul Calibur but they never used him much and that was a disappointment. To see who Astaroth's creator was and if he was going to succeed. And agree with Nightmare as well. I mean, he looks great in SCV and is fun to use but he has somewhat become a joke storywise in my opinion.

Back