If there was a Soul Calibur VI, prequel/sequel/reboot/retcon?

Let me steer this topic back here....
I would like a sequel.
In that they could tie up loose ends, explain how all of this came to pass.
I'm not a big fan of reboots or prequels, i like some like MK or Star Trek, even though that Red Matter didn't make sense to me.
I don't think one of those would help SC at all storywise.
Because
1. It would look like a bad MK ripoff.
2. It would make SCV story completely useless (IMO opinion it is at this moment not bad, just incomplete)
A reboot would turn SCV into some kind of stillborn.

At this moment i see SCV as one gigantic cliffhanger lol.

I personally agree here. SCV leaves me with many questions. Such as in Arcade mode. Why does Yoshimitsu the Second go against Natsu as the second to last opponent? I understand Leixia versus Natsu, but the Yoshi vs Natsu raises me a question. Did Manjitou and Fu-ma form an alliance during the past 17 years? Is that why Yoshimitsu the Second was raised from the same village as Natsu?

I mean Fuma blade to keep Yoshi in check from Fu-ma ninja clan? Yoshi saying Lady Natsu forgive me when doing the rainbow drop?

There's just lots I'd like to know if I wanted to know what every character has been doing.

Now you're confusing historical accuracy to communication consistancy. It doesn't matter if she says that because the phrase is general, not slang for something modern considering the era they're trying to potray. Thus dialogue like that makes the game look less then what it tries to be and more like a cosplay party for a bad school play. I'll worry about whatever aspects stands out enough to me when I come across it within its mention in the discussion. You have everyone else on this site to argue with. You say you have no personal problem so why make it personal?

How the hell did I make it personal? Did I say "I" hated it? I was simply pointing it out.

Edit: Screw this. Go bark on someone else's tree.

This series went from having the very best story in all of fighting games (and was amazing among stories in general) to one of the worst, convoluted, bastardized, stereotypical, and flat out idiotic works of crap put on a disc. The writers should be ashamed of themselves. They originally had amazing source material to work with, yet completely failed to expand on it in any meaningful way.

However, the blame does not squarely lie on the events in SCV. This whole "Hero King" nonsense that became center point really came into focus in SCIII's chronicles mode. Until that time, the story was mysterious, felt deep, and had an insane level of cool factor. Evil sword that grants the user immortality, collects souls for some greater power perhaps? A sword with hidden potential that only reveals itself to combat this evil. A wide array of characters who are on a quest (NOT IN A TOURNAMENT) to find one or both of these swords. The concept that the "winner" AKA "biggest loser" of each game's story would end up being the boss of the next game? Brilliant story concept for a fighting game, seriously. This concept breaks all the molds, and has potential to keep it fresh and exciting each time.

But what did they do with this great potential? Flushed it right down the crapper getting stuck in Siegfried's term as Nightmare, then later just abandoning the core story entirely in favor of the whole hero king nonsense. Most recently, they even betray all that was with the pointless 17 year gap.

Result: SCV is the "Tekken 4" of the Soul series. Granted it tries to be the "Street Fighter 3" and somewhat succeeds in that as far as the gameplay (still not saying it's bad, it's just not as good as traditional SC), but even worse than SF3 in that the story is just absolute trash (opposed to mostly trash). Now you see Tekken Project realized the error of their ways and in T5 they back to basics with a return of most of the cast. SFIV? Lol, Capcom just pretty much chose ignore SFIII entirely and make a game "before" the story went to no-one-cares-land.

So I vote REBOOT. Start in the Soul Edge days with the core cast, but with perhaps inclusions of additional characters like Ivy, Raph, Astaroth, Setsuka, maybe even Hilde. For the new kids who like Pat, include Aeon, but as he was before he turned into a lizard. Go darker, include somewhere between Samurai Showdown and MK levels of violence. Let's face it, these characters are playing with knives, someone is gonna get cut.

A darker SC universe would certainly sell better in today's gaming world. A world littered games about duty, rings in space, stealing cars/horses, or killing dead walking residents. Sales are the bottom line, it honestly doesn't matter how they get them. In such terms, the choices made in the development of SCV are clearly not good. They ended up selling less copies and overall shrinking the fan base considerably. It's time Project Soul really took at look at the suggestions, beyond the "All we want is balance and more tournaments with prizes!! waaah!!" or "Moar boobies! Why you cover Ivy up so much this time?!" Neither of those two groups are the media who review these games nor the vast majority of players who play them.

The way you say that SCV's is nothing but anime cliches yet disregard the past games (Yun-Seong, Seong-Mina, and Amy especially) is beyond me. SC has always been like this. Just developed more.
Redoing the story may be as easy as it sounds, but for a generation making their debut? That's very unlikely, and would seem much of a waste for those who even bought SCV to begin with. It's not like Mortal Kombat where it took nearly 7 installments to conclude that everyone dies, except Shao Khan, and it leads all the way back to MK1 being rewritten again.
All PS needs to do is expand on the portrayals of the Asian characters and those that were not included in SCV's story mode. Everyone has a part, and once the installment progresses, so do the characters, just like SB-SCIV was able to do to. The characters in SCV already have interesting backstories. It's just a matter of Project Soul utilizing it and then doing....whatever you suggested. I personally do think that Cyberconnect did a decent job. Did they do great? Not really, but it's not as repetitive and nonsense as SCIV's story was on every character except Sophitia, and I guess you could exclude Soul Calibur (the sword) too.

The way Daishi and his team treated the series and its characters with SCV, I'd say SCV was a waste in general. It forced a time skip absolutely nobody asked for, just to give Daishi an excuse to sideline characters he clearly doesn't respect while forcing in his own fanfic characters to replace them. As far as I'm concerned, SCV should never have been made, and if people desperately want characters like Viola or Pyrrha back, they can pull a Trunks from DBZ. They treated Soul Calibur like an anime with several of the tropes they forced in, they may as well use an anime contrivance to fix the mess. Characters like Viola and ZWEI come into the series naturally without a time skip, while characters like Pyrrha and Patroklos are from an alternate timeline and the actual kids in the real timeline take the place of AU Pyrrha and Patroklos when they NATURALLY reach that age over the course of a few Soul Calibur entries the same way Cassandra aged into playability and Sophitia aged into a motherly role.

Here is the thing. There is intelligent criticism, and there is melodramatic whining. Look at the very words you chose; and it's plain as day. Intelligent criticism doesn't have to invoke the emotions of it's reader to make the point. It doesn't have to tug at heartstrings or play on nostalgia or feelings. It simply stands as is. You do none of this, and this is why I have a problem with you and this thread. All you do is make the fanbase look like a bunch of oversensitive crybabies. Cut it out, just for ONE DAY.

Humans are not robots, and story is not a work of mechanical processes thoughtlessly combined in a story factory. Creative works are grounded in emotion, and therefore elicit emotions. Your response in itself is proof of this, considering the overly hateful way you judge anyone that shows a grievance with SCV as being "oversensitive crybabies." You're not going to get people to stop saying what they want to say under the threat of shaming them for being "crybabies," but if you're really that determined to keep trucking with the approach of saying emotion needs to be cut out of the equation, then the level of emotion you throw at the situation in itself undermines your efforts.

If your concern really was only that you wanted people to be nice for Christmas, it did not necessitate insulting and agitating other people. It required only for you to remind people that it was Christmas and we should set aside angry and hateful emotions and partake in the spirit of the holiday.

All of the above said, I personally think the dialogue being "too modern" is nitpicking. Obviously we don't want to hear the characters start talking about how they've got swag and other such slang because that would be jarring on top of turning the series into more of a painful joke than it's currently been turned into. But we do want the dialogue to be understandable enough for people today to know what's being said.

Also, I'm not sure it's true that people were "more intelligent" back then, as I saw one post suggest. Looking at works written by literary types of the time might give an impression of greater intellect, but those people were the exception of the time. Most people did not have access to the resources to become properly literate. If we wanted to be very realistic about dialogue, I think Ivy would end up with the most sophisticated speech on account of having a library to consult, money behind her and experience and education in alchemy. Everyone else would likely be crude in their speech and the kind of remarks they would make, which would be jarring by modern standards where we think of the past as being more sophisticated and high class than the present.

The way Daishi and his team treated the series and its characters with SCV, I'd say SCV was a waste in general. It forced a time skip absolutely nobody asked for, just to give Daishi an excuse to sideline characters he clearly doesn't respect while forcing in his own fanfic characters to replace them. As far as I'm concerned, SCV should never have been made, and if people desperately want characters like Viola or Pyrrha back, they can pull a Trunks from DBZ. They treated Soul Calibur like an anime with several of the tropes they forced in, they may as well use an anime contrivance to fix the mess. Characters like Viola and ZWEI come into the series naturally without a time skip, while characters like Pyrrha and Patroklos are from an alternate timeline and the actual kids in the real timeline take the place of AU Pyrrha and Patroklos when they NATURALLY reach that age over the course of a few Soul Calibur entries the same way Cassandra aged into playability and Sophitia aged into a motherly role.
If you've ever played SCIV, which I'm sure you did, you could tell that the story, and most of the characters, were going absolutely nowhere. The outcome of the storyline made this so obvious. Algol proved to be a useless boss, and a useless character in the series that PS wanted to throw in there for difficulty. The story ends up with Siegfried and Nightmare battling each other again, and Algol is nowhere to be seen, besides Mitsurugi's backstory which they didn't even display anyways.

Now for the rest of the characters. You look at the Korean characters who spent from SC2-SCIV in a wild goose chase. Seong Mina chasing Yun-Seong. Seong-Mina was meant to expand on her style rather than expand on her as a character. Setsuka did the exact same thing she did in SC3. Endings too. Mitsurugi, even now, is doing the exact same thing he's doing since his debut. Just different enemies. Voldo and Astaroth, even now, are still doing what they've done since they began. The only characters that were developed from SC3-SCIV were the major characters: Siegfried, Sophitia, Tira, and likely more than that, but the numbers are still few.

Was the time skip needed? Personally, yes, and I understand why PS wanted to do so. To keep the series at a fresh new start and then develop from there with new characters (whether they are replacements or not), new events for the veterans, and essentially, a new storyline to build upon, rather than thrown out there with little to no connection to the past storyline like SCIV did. PS wanted to add some longevity to the series, and this was how they did it, just like they were able to do with the Tekken series. Tekken 3 was chronologically 19 years after Tekken 2, and did the exact same thing that SC did: replaced some males and females, while adding new characters. From then on, they did to the Tekken series what PS is likely to do with SC, which is have some male characters return, while the females will likely return in a non-canon game. I rule Talim as the only female character that might return canonically.

Was the past storyline going to fulfill this task of going to a fresh new start? If they revamped it and thought of a well-planned out storyline, yes, but I doubt they would even revamp it.

Now to Tekken 3. This game, which indeed included a timeskip, turned out to be one of the most popular fighting games during their release, and was received greatly. Universally, to be exact, and it still remains as a popular game, even though Tekken 6 was turning out to be somewhat like SCIV. Why people are bothered about this game is beyond my jurisdiction?

Seems to me like you either wanted it to end after SCIV, or don't want the series to continue after SCV. I understand criticism, but this to me is not constructive. Rather destructive.

But this is all based on story since this is the core of the so many complaints about SCV. Story defines characters, and story removed/replaced characters.

SCIV's problem was a non-existent story mode in a game that was created to emphasize laying the series to rest. One of the core complaints about SCIV was the lack of a proper story mode when that was considered among people who aren't gameplay purists to be the shining bright spot of the series. Fighting games were known for being all about gameplay with any story elements tossed in as uninspired and lazy extras, Soul Calibur was a fighting game that proved there's room for adding worthwhile story to the mix. It was pretty clear some concept of a story was thought up for each character in SCIV based on who each character has to face during story mode, but the ball was dropped pretty hard there.

I do not think a repetitive core story ("seek out Soul Edge") is necessarily a bad thing. The name of the first game was Soul Edge (or Soul Blade), and every game after was Soul Calibur. The name of the series cues to what its focus is, in this case on these two swords. I think that story-wise, the real draw was the evolution and development of the characters involved, in much the same way as Walking Dead is a zombie comic book series and TV show that isn't really about the zombies. It's about how the character behave and change in that context. We were doing fine before. Sophitia started out as an innocent pure girl type, then evolved into a motherly protector type while her sister took the spot she once had. People change over time, and Soul Calibur WAS doing a good job of presenting that in a natural form. Until SCV.

But even if we go with the notion that a repetitive core story is a bad thing, there are plenty of other possibilities for changing that which did not require forcing a time skip which served the primary purpose of giving Daishi an excuse to kick out a huge chunk of the old roster to replace with his fanfic ideas for additions, particularly two of the series' core characters, Sophitia and Taki. Don't want it to be about Soul Edge and Soul Calibur themselves anymore? Options. Make it about the emergence of a new sword of their type. Or, don't have all the characters go after the same goal. Sophitia could be hunting down Tira to rescue her daughter while Taki is out destroying demons that were created by Soul Edge, and their paths don't even have to cross. Of course, there could be better ideas than that, those were off the top of my head just to show there were ways to go to revitalize the series that did not require jumping ahead 17 years and removing core characters from the series for stupid reasons.

I'm not opposed to whittling down the roster, but I AM opposed to the way it was handled by Daishi. 1) Time skip was not needed and never should have happened. 2) Characters like Sophitia and Taki should not have been removed from the roster at all, they are core to the series and it would be like removing Princess Zelda from the Legend of Zelda games while keeping Midna (Ivy) around as the new top dog. 3) Even when characters are removed, they should get a respectable final send-off to celebrate that they were a part of the series before they're taken out forever.

This is the last time fans of the character will ever get to see that character in action in a Soul game. At least give them something to celebrate the character by. Don't just shove them aside like they're gutter trash that outlived their usefulness and don't deserve the time of day. Especially not characters as important as Sophitia and Taki. That kind of treatment of such core characters, all because Daishi doesn't know how to respect anything that doesn't fit his personal interests, is why I see no reason for the series to continue if SCV is not essentially undone.

I hope that somehow they manage to make some bs story plot up like Astral Chaos has time travelling powers like when Pat was able to undo his action of killing Pyrrha around Ep. 16. That way some of the new canon characters could venture to the past- maybe even before SCIV. I know that is far fetched, but it would be a way to have all the characters of the series having a potential part in the game. The game revolves around History so maybe the story could just end here and from here on out they pull a mortal kombat where they just retell the events improving and what not.

SCIV's problem was a non-existent story mode in a game that was created to emphasize laying the series to rest. One of the core complaints about SCIV was the lack of a proper story mode when that was considered among people who aren't gameplay purists to be the shining bright spot of the series. Fighting games were known for being all about gameplay with any story elements tossed in as uninspired and lazy extras, Soul Calibur was a fighting game that proved there's room for adding worthwhile story to the mix. It was pretty clear some concept of a story was thought up for each character in SCIV based on who each character has to face during story mode, but the ball was dropped pretty hard there.

I do not think a repetitive core story ("seek out Soul Edge") is necessarily a bad thing. The name of the first game was Soul Edge (or Soul Blade), and every game after was Soul Calibur. The name of the series cues to what its focus is, in this case on these two swords. I think that story-wise, the real draw was the evolution and development of the characters involved in much the same way as Walking Dead is a zombie comic book series and TV show that isn't really about the zombies. It's about how the character behave and change in that context. We were doing fine before. Sophitia started out as an innocent pure girl type, then evolved into a motherly protector type while her sister took the spot she once had. People change over time, and Soul Calibur WAS doing a good job of presenting that in a natural form. Until SCV.

But even if we go with the notion that a repetitive core story is a bad thing, there are plenty of other possibilities for changing that which did not require forcing a time skip which served the primary purpose of giving Daishi an excuse to kick out a huge chunk of the old roster to replace with his fanfic ideas for additions, particularly two of the series' core characters, Sophitia and Taki. Don't want it to be about Soul Edge and Soul Calibur themselves anymore? Options. Make it about the emergence of a new sword of their type. Or, don't have all the characters go after the same goal. Sophitia could be hunting down Tira to rescue her daughter while Taki is out destroying demons that were created by Soul Edge, and their paths don't even have to cross. Of course, there could be better ideas than that, those were off the top of my head just to show there were ways to go to revitalize the series that did not require jumping ahead 17 years and removing core characters from the series for stupid reasons.
SCIV, however, introduced to the storyline a character who we had never even heard of before this storyline, and wanted to bring him in as the main focus with a backstory that could have at least been mentioned in past games, but was not. Even through all of the story in SCIV, the focus on Algol only turned out to be a subplot, and was instead about Siegfried Vs. Nightmare. Same situation as SC3, but less detail and a different person in the middle of it all.

SCV is also in that same vain as SB as far as the new characters go. They start out in a clean slate, and they develop as the story progresses. Yes only few were given that chance to even develop-ZWEI, Patroklos, Pyrrha-but just because PS didn't do so for the others in this game doesn't mean they can't for the next.

I'm not opposed to whittling down the roster, but I AM opposed to the way it was handled by Daishi. 1) Time skip was not needed and never should have happened. 2) Characters like Sophitia and Taki should not have been removed from the roster at all, they are core to the series and it would be like removing Princess Zelda from the Legend of Zelda games while keeping Midna (Ivy) around as the new top dog. 3) Even when characters are removed, they should get a respectable final send-off to celebrate that they were a part of the series before they're taken out forever.

This is the last time fans of the character will ever get to see that character in action in a Soul game. At least give them something to celebrate the character by. Don't just shove them aside like they're gutter trash that outlived their usefulness and don't deserve the time of day. Especially not characters as important as Sophitia and Taki. That kind of treatment of such core characters, all because Daishi doesn't know how to respect anything that doesn't fit his personal interests, is why I see no reason for the series to continue if SCV is not essentially undone.
The comparison between Zelda and the two characters have no comparison at all. Why Zelda wouldn't be removed? The game is named after her, but even then our attention leans towards her and the real main character, Link. Not to mention the storyline is built around them, the individuals. Zelda is kidnapped, while Link goes out to rescue her. Soul Calibur, however, is built around the swords that many characters around the world become involved in. Taki and Sophitia, even though they are popular characters, are not particularly the "core" of the series. The swords are. Even without them, the world is still in shambles because of the many malfested characters. Taki and Sophitia just have a wide fanbase, seniority, and other things that equates to them being fanservice. If you look beyond these two, many people are affected by the events coming from Soul Edge and Soul Calibur. If you look towards the individuals being the "core" of the series, then I can say that Pyrrha is also the core of the series.

It is also still possible to provide a proper exit for the past storyline characters that were not in SCV, even with the current storyline since both characters have something to fall back on. Their replacements, and potential replaces in future installments, which could be the case for the Koreans. Only exception of a character physically present is deceased Sophitia, who will likely be included in flashbacks. It depends on Cassandra. Taki, since she is still alive, can still be provided with a proper exit while Natsu takes the wheel after that, and that's where her storyline begins. Seems like it would be the same situation for Setsuka too.

From the gameplay aspect, it's not like the weapons/movesets of these two (Sophitia and Taki) were completely removed. Even if the game was based on the past timeline, would PS still reduce the moveset? That's the main question. If SCV, with the moveset reduction, was in the past storyline and Taki was in the the SCV roster and not Natsu, it is likely that she would play just like Natsu because of the moveset being reduced. Only exception is her Critical Edge attack, which is all because of Natsu's curse, but ninja abilities, and Soul Edge shard on her weapon, can still make it possible for Taki. That's how I see it, and that's why I am not complaining over Natsu replacing her. Taki's style is at least in the game. Another reason is because I'm willing to adapt to these changes between SCIV and SCV. The only ones I would say that were "removed" were Talim, Yun-Seong, and Zasalamel. It's bad for them in SCV because these characters' players had nothing that could recover from them being removed. Not even a replacement, and in the story/artbook, no mention of their whereabouts, except a small one about Yun-Seong. At least now, some players have grown to accept that and move on to another character. Talim players, especially. I'm sure these three will return anyways, so these "put downs" on the game because of them being absent should not be validated just yet.

Let me steer this topic back here....

I personally agree here. SCV leaves me with many questions. Such as in Arcade mode. Why does Yoshimitsu the Second go against Natsu as the second to last opponent? I understand Leixia versus Natsu, but the Yoshi vs Natsu raises me a question. Did Manjitou and Fu-ma form an alliance during the past 17 years? Is that why Yoshimitsu the Second was raised from the same village as Natsu?

I mean Fuma blade to keep Yoshi in check from Fu-ma ninja clan? Yoshi saying Lady Natsu forgive me when doing the rainbow drop?

There's just lots I'd like to know if I wanted to know what every character has been doing.
This is exactly how I feel. I also feel that future installments can provide unanswered questions, either visually, or in text in the game, rather than an artbook that only Japan was provided with and we were lucky enough to find out about because someone translated it for us. Not only could future installments discuss the whereabouts of characters not in this game, but also:

-What is the state of Raphael, and I'm only saying this because of the Raphael=Nightmare speculations. I doubt it will come out true though, because this determines Raphael's moveset being in or not, or he'll appear as a non-story character instead.
-Will Natsu erupt at one point, because of Arahabaki?
-Why are Xiba and Leixia in need of the artifacts in the first place? I think I know why.
-When will Xiba find out that his father and mother are Kilik and Xianghua, and what's with Xianghua hiding it?
-What are the identities and backstories of ZWEI and Viola?
-Speaking of ZWEI, what is the condition of ZWEI after being stabbed by Pyrrha and falling down a cliff?

And these are only a few examples. That's just me believing that PS can still improve on the storyline from the endpoint of SCV.

You see what I did above? That is called "constructive criticism".

People who thinks Soul Calibur story is repetitive should look to KOF, SF and Tekken all with is about a random tournament being held by dark forces.
Soul Calibur story was about connections the characters had allies and enemies, take Mina for example her story would be easily renewed by Yun-Seong becoming a malfested and killing someone dear for her, both characters would suffer major development.
Soul Calibur IV story was good (Algol....I pretend he don't exist) everyone was almost reaching the sword, truly would be more interesting if both sword had become one this would be a refresh in the destroy, revive, destroy revive.
Soul Calibur V story could be nice but was not, Patroklos don't have charisma no does Pyrrha. While Z.W.E.I would be done a way better protagonist his side-kick Viola would drag him down because she is a more Gothic and arrogant Amy.

Let's play the "How to spot and identify people who should be ignored" game, and why!

The way Daishi and his team treated the series and its characters with SCV, I'd say SCV was a waste in general.

You are talking about the way someone is treating a fictional character in a fighting game. Remember that.

It forced a time skip absolutely nobody asked for

I seem to recall a strong sentiment of needing things shook up, because the series was stale, so this is hyperbole. More accurately "*I* didn't want this", not "nobody asked for it". +1 full of shit points.

just to give Daishi an excuse to sideline characters he clearly doesn't respect while forcing in his own fanfic characters to replace them.

Translation: I don't like the new characters. Hyperbole. Full of shit points +2.

As far as I'm concerned, SCV should never have been made, and if people desperately want characters like Viola or Pyrrha back, they can pull a Trunks from DBZ. They treated Soul Calibur like an anime with several of the tropes they forced in, they may as well use an anime contrivance to fix the mess. Characters like Viola and ZWEI come into the series naturally without a time skip, while characters like Pyrrha and Patroklos are from an alternate timeline and the actual kids in the real timeline take the place of AU Pyrrha and Patroklos when they NATURALLY reach that age over the course of a few Soul Calibur entries the same way Cassandra aged into playability and Sophitia aged into a motherly role.

This rambling mess is trying to make the point that the game wasn't always Anime tropes. Now it's just anime tropes you don't like, but you are implying like you know better. Hyperbole. Full of shit points +3.

Humans are not robots, and story is not a work of mechanical processes thoughtlessly combined in a story factory. Creative works are grounded in emotion, and therefore elicit emotions. Your response in itself is proof of this, considering the overly hateful way you judge anyone that shows a grievance with SCV as being "oversensitive crybabies." You're not going to get people to stop saying what they want to say under the threat of shaming them for being "crybabies," but if you're really that determined to keep trucking with the approach of saying emotion needs to be cut out of the equation, then the level of emotion you throw at the situation in itself undermines your efforts.

We just want to be able to discuss things without people getting emotional. What you are doing is making this not a discussion by bringing in your "feelings", and more of a pointless personal politics style "debate". You can't discuss those things, so all you doing is making posts which amount to nothing. Ipso facto, you are trying to justify acting like an asshole. Full of shit points +4.

All of the above said, I personally think the dialogue being "too modern" is nitpicking. Obviously we don't want to hear the characters start talking about how they've got swag and other such slang because that would be jarring on top of turning the series into more of a painful joke than it's currently been turned into. But we do want the dialogue to be understandable enough for people today to know what's being said.

Bolded for emphasis. What you are doing here is trying to sneak in bullshit with a reasonable point at the beginning. However; this once again is hyperbolic bullshit. Full of shit points +5.

Also, I'm not sure it's true that people were "more intelligent" back then, as I saw one post suggest. Looking at works written by literary types of the time might give an impression of greater intellect, but those people were the exception of the time. Most people did not have access to the resources to become properly literate. If we wanted to be very realistic about dialogue, I think Ivy would end up with the most sophisticated speech on account of having a library to consult, money behind her and experience and education in alchemy. Everyone else would likely be crude in their speech and the kind of remarks they would make, which would be jarring by modern standards where we think of the past as being more sophisticated and high class than the present.

Not actually full of shit! This is a helpful, non hyperbolic observation that we could CONVERSE about!

You getting the point yet? Stop conflating your own opinions with reality. Nobody can discuss that. You say I undermine my own points by getting angry, but I'm pretty sure that being angry at people that gum up the works is a pretty reasonable response. Especially when they contribute nothing.

This is just the same BS but from the other side, dave.

Yeah.....I know.......Pardon me while I dont care though.

But Im not the one trying to correct all these people that you dont agree with (dont get me wrong. I totally agree with you). I just enjoy the show. When are you gonna learn you CANT have intelligent conversation on 8wayrun. At least not in "these" forums.

Yeah.....I know.......Pardon me while I dont care though.

But Im not the one trying to correct all these people that you dont agree with (dont get me wrong. I totally agree with you). I just enjoy the show. When are you gonna learn you CANT have intelligent conversation on 8wayrun. At least not in "these" forums.

If you aren't trying, you are part of the problem. Don't be a hypocrite.

Back