Iron CAS

Gatsu gets my vote. Although I liked Vil's beard, the bug-eyes DJDoubleB used on Tomo, the beady pupils Holycarp used (I pinched them) and the hat Chobek made for the Autumn Witch. The imp stole it, though.

There were lots of clever ideas shown this round.
- The use of the Centurion's Plume and the solid colored eyes looked great on VILARCANE's entry.
- The way the Hannya Mask turned out on DJdoubleB's Asura reminded me of the lion from the lion dance that happens around Chinese New Year.
- The belt on HolyCarp's Triton looks awesome and the texture-blending on his Dutchman is clever. Using the pure rings on the eyes made both designs even better.
- The use of the horn to lengthen the nose on Gatsu's Incubo is a smart touch to an all-around great design.
- Placing the DLC plume behind the mask to simulate hair on Fliptop's Hekyll was a great use of special equipment.
- The headdress on chobek's Autumn Witch is a very original concept.

It's very difficult to choose one design to vote for, but I vote for VILARCANE's design. It's a good all-around design and the mask fits in very well.

Review time!

The winner by a giant landslide is Gatsu. Incubo was very captivating, he should be part of Manjitou clan. Pocky Yoshi would definitely talk to him.

VILARCANE 1
DJdoubleB 1
Gatsu 7
chobek 1

Close calls this time took a bit longer....

Fliptop - That Hekyll looks nothing like a witch doctor. He instead looks like a person in the Manjitou. Thunder god drums actually contain medicine. Backpack contains other medical stuff....okay I guess it's a medical manjitou member. Eliminated because the Lusca tasset. It looks nice with the whole thing, but perhaps some tweaks or a different item might help Hekyll more. Still a complex yet nice custom though.

VILARCANE - To put Hannya mask on Yoshimitsu is to gain Pocky Yoshi's attention. Despite this Yoshi CAS looking cool, certain things hinder it. The shoulder pads imho don't seem to suit it. Perhaps removing them would make him look very plain, but removing the shoulder pads and perhaps changing the pants and shoes to Hakamas and Getas would swoon me a bit more. Aside from that, I love what you did to him.

DJdoubleB - Tomo and Asura are indeed nice, but today you were outclassed. Not because your CAS was bad. Far from it. You've taken the Menghu helmet and combined it with Turtle shell and the ingredient. Most impressive. However, Asura felt very weak in comparison. Despite that she is cute, she isn't as captivating. Regardless, hope to see more from you.

chobek - Once again the person I always expect complex yet beautiful CAS from. Today however, there were other CAS that stole your thunder. The CAS Hannya Oni and Autumn witch were very nice, however they didn't feel as natural as your other entrants. Despite that, I look forward to seeing you compete again.

The winner is...
HolyCarp

Not too sure why both my submissions are based on sea-related myths, but here they are...

Triton
View attachment 22976
The son of Poseidon

The Dutchman
View attachment 22983
Captain of the Flying Dutchman
View attachment 22980

View attachment 22981

View attachment 22982

I'm really happy with how the mask sort of blended in with the rest of the head, so it doesn't look too obviously like a mask.
A young boy once discovered the legendary ghost ship known as the Flying Dutchman. However, he found himself trapped aboard the ship and he slowly became consumed by the curse of the Dutchman. The young boy was confounded with immortality and is forever doomed to captain the ship, aimlessly sailing the Oceans for an eternity.

Tragically, the only treasure he could ever hope to find is buried within his own chest.

Why?

Doing a Poseidon like theme with a Hannya mask may seem really awkward as an idea, but today HolyCarp just had the magic. Everything about it was actually creepy good. The headpiece with the patterns, the choice of colors, and the style made it look so.....well....creepy good. Playing poseidon with and asian mask begs me to look at it again and again. Triton in a nutshell is awesome.

Dutchman imho I couldn't tell at first if you used a Hannya mask or not. It looks like it became one with him. Thus, I ran out of compliment ammo thanks to your Triton. Take this as a compliment.

Everyone else had great CAS, but HolyCarp you literally killed it this time around. While everyone had some asian Manjitou feel to them, only Fliptop and HolyCarp were the only ones that tried a different approach. That's not to say I was pleased to see the Hannya mask used well. Pocky Yoshi was impressed.

All in all, I picked this item simply because it's Yoshimitsu written all over it. However, it was only chosen due to my B-day which was on September 21st. So this contest will suffice as my B-day gift from you guys. Thanks guys.

Stay tuned for the next hidden ingredient.

Congrats to Gatsu for his absurdly convincing victory! It was well deserved.

And also, thanks for giving me the Odd Choice, I'm really glad you liked my submissions :D
I was a bit wary of doing a take on Poseidon since it's no doubt been done before, so I'm glad I managed to make it look unique enough with that mask.

So this contest will suffice as my B-day gift from you guys. Thanks guys.
You're welcome... Namu.

Well done to Gatsu and HolyCarp! Well deserved on all counts.

Fliptop - That Hekyll looks nothing like a witch doctor.

Haha, yeah, I effed that up a bit. Don't worry, I'll cover it up seamlessly, nobody will ever know. ;)

...unless they read this.

At least the drums read as jars of stuff, that was the part I thought could be either hit or miss. I used the tassets because they're big enough to match the the drums, which are about as small as you can make them. I'll play around with them, though, for sure.

Hope you had a good birthday, looking forward to the next item. :)

Review time!

The winner by a giant landslide is Gatsu. Incubo was very captivating, he should be part of Manjitou clan. Pocky Yoshi would definitely talk to him.

20472618.jpg

Today's hidden ingredient is

Demon King's Pauldrons

Timeline. From today to October 4th @5pm. From there, we vote until October 6th. Get to it, 8wayrunners.

Ah, strange one
These shoulder pads are really bad programmed, not easy make them do a good fusion with the line... as some others are just placed too far from the shoulder.
Are part of one of my favourite cas(the Pac-Bot :D) but still, i kinda hate it

Anyway let's give a try :D

Kyubi - i got the idea watching the fox-god statue in Natsu stage, so i wanted create something relate to it :D
kyubif.png

I neglected this thread, but now I'm gonna own up to it. So far only one entry has entered the 11th contest. Gatsu.

My question is do you guys want me to give him the win and make a new challenge? Or do you want me to remake the deadline?

It only dies if the interest isn't here. If no one is gonna do this, I'll leave this thread alone and go do Misfortune CAS comics.

I'd compete as per, but I don't have a PS3 at uni. If this competition continues, I'll happily enter during the times I'm at home but otherwise I can't really do much.

I'll just hope some other people show a bit of interest 'cause I really like this thread.

Someone oughta just start with a new secret ingredient to get it started again. What do you think pocky?

Back