It's Hammer Time! [Astaroth General Discussion]

Look up FSAK SC4 and NEC SC4 vids... Those are really the only ones with commentary... Some combo videos have commentary as well... I think you can actually find one for astaroth...

Not really a whole lot of commentary for this game... LoL and most of the time if there is it isnt going to teach you anything about the game... Might make you roll on the floor LoL'ing though...

Thanks though, its a start i guess. I've read through a few guides, but i figured maybe watching some vids of said techniques being implemented would help. Ill check em out and see whats good.

sadly, in america we have largely ignored the big man. the best videos i would recommend would be of a french player named saitoh. you can google or youtube "saitoh SC4" and get tons of great videos to watch. commentary? hope you speak french, sir!

Aight cool guys, thanks for all the feedback. Unfortunately I don't speak french(guess my high school french teacher got the last laugh), but I hope ill still be able to pick somethings up from the vids.

Well I would like to know the basics of being a good soul calibur player, what I should be looking for during a match and all that jazz. I have never played a 3d fighter seriously so i have no idea where to even begin but i figured this subject would be a difficult one to tackle simply through forum posts thus my inquiries about matches with commentary. But any advise you have for me would be gladly accepted, im trying to brush up my game for soul calibur 5 so when that comes i won't be as behind the curve as i was when street fighter 4 dropped.

I've been playing my cousin recently in Astaroth mirrors. I've noticed that sometimes my 6K after a blocked 66[K] will lose to his 6K.

Does the bullrush sometimes give advantage?

66[K] is -3, but I am certain it has different versions of push back, or something. You're probably miss timing your 6K, the recovery of that move is weird.

It's -3 when blocked up close, it get's progressively better for asta the further away the opponent's guard gets hit. The relationship isn't linear though, the difference in distance starts producing large changes in comparable recovery the closer you get to the end of the attack. I don't remember the exact amounts, but if 66{K} gets blocked at the maximum distance it gives a lot of advantage (at least 8).

Yeah, I tested it out. At maximum distance, it gives advantage. Thanks guys.

Oh, and after 1[A] B on block, 66[K] seems to give +1. Is it because of the distance also?

Is it like doing a meaty attack in some other games? Where if they block it later in the "active" frames you have advantage? Just what I related it to, but I might be wrong.

Essentially. You hit with a later frame, but the block stun and recovery are the same, presumably.

And Death, makes sense although I've never tested that specific situation.

It has a sonic boom at the end of it lol. Like when you get up thinking 66[K] is done only to get hit by an aftershock...crazy!

So I have finally returned to hamilton, anyone who wants to play some games and maybe even help me level just holla at me on xbl, gt: jak d ripr . Looking forward to finally playing someone who has an idea of what they are doing and can tell me what Im dong wrong. I should be home for the entire summer barring any unfortuante unforseen circumstances.

So I have finally returned to hamilton, anyone who wants to play some games and maybe even help me level just holla at me on xbl, gt: jak d ripr . Looking forward to finally playing someone who has an idea of what they are doing and can tell me what Im dong wrong. I should be home for the entire summer barring any unfortuante unforseen circumstances.
That should be in 5 bar range for me. Add Lasercakes if I don't get the chance to add you first.

Back