I've found guilty! I used SRSH a lot!

Stryker

[10] Knight
(The real title is: I've found guilty! I used SRSH A a lot!)

I've just realized how much the opponents try to improve to not loose against a mid tier character like Siegfried; they improve their safe game; they improve the timing for punishment; they improve their GIs; and finally but more important they improve their step game.

One of my favorite pressure tactics is to use randomly SRSH K_B_A+B_G~A_B+G, but now my opponents found a new way to beat this tactic: wise stepping. And the worst part of this situation is that all the moves can be evaded to the same side: to the left (or up in the pad). That was putting me in hard situations till I decide to put an stop to this madness using the worst move in Siegfried's move list: SRSH A. And guess... it works! it doesn't give me the chance to do a combo like in SC3, even a single KND in CH, but it gave me the power to beat that insane strategy against my very useful SRSH game.

Now I feel guilty... this move is my No. 1 complaint against Siegfried in SC4... in SC3 this move was so reliable that I used as poke. And the combos... ahhh the combos! CH SRSH [A]~SBH A+B was my favorite! 85dmg and it could RO if the enemy landed near the edge after CH SRSH A...

But as player wanting to be a pro, its part of the improvements accept the importance to use some awful moves that have 10 weaknesses against 1 or 2 strong uses.

-Stryker-

PD: But I'm never going to do it while recording!

Stryker- just do what I do, dance into SCH and use A or [A] to set up some things. Works like a charm for me and sets me up for some sik mind games to follow

You're right Stryker... I've found myself using that god awful move just because people have started smelling my breath with the same old B_K routine from SRSH (namely Slippery Walrus that m0+h3r fu[k3r). Don't feel guilty at all, feel that you've finally found a use for this move. All moves are put into this game for a reason, it takes the situation to bring that to light, though.

I too mourn the loss of the SC3 SRSH A. Man... it wasn't even broken or anything, why did they have to nerf it?

Stryker- just do what I do, dance into SCH and use A or [A] to set up some things. Works like a charm for me and sets me up for some sik mind games to follow
Thanks KPC! but because I'm a pressure type player I change the roulette sequence:
-> After 3>SBH K I was doing roulette to SRSH to put some pressure, but after realizing the step trick I change to use SRSH A, but now after you advice I change for something nasty: after 3>SBH K I roulette to SBH; that give me the chance to use SBH A or SBH B for tracking and more damage...<-

Results? Well, the results was outstanding... a lot of opponents begin to think that SBH B can't be avoided stepping so they start to try to GI(ha ha ha) or just guard and give me a delicious amount of SG...

I make my mind... hopefully no more SRSH A for me... :D

-Stryker-

RSH'[ A ] is good to set them to whiff or whiff-lures to punish with SBH'K or others stuff. I use it like that when opponents are too scare to get near me.

I didnt know where else to post this and i didn't want to start a new thread. Ive recently got back from 2 months away over the summer in Australias #1 Tourist location and just started to get back into SC and ive got a couple of things missing from my game suddenly.

I use almost no grabs or SRSH anymore! I spam 6b and agA like nobodies business and still use 3b and WRb but it doesent occur to me to grab and SRSH feels so unsafe. I know im probs asking for advice I already know but when should I throw grabs and SRSH in? it seems my grabs get ducked and punished and SRSH gets punished anyway.

Perhaps the fact that the one person ive played with since ive gotten back uses X and isnt afraid to attack at frame disadvantage thats owning my SRSH

Your problem is youre not conditioning your opponent right/dont use the conditioned reaction of your opponent to your advantage.

Nobody can see grabs on reaction. If they get ducked that means your opponent is prone to ducking in certain situations where you like to throw or youre giving away that youre going to attempt a throw (for example by doing a short step forward). If you watched my videos from last E.B.O. youll notice that I land 1B a lot, because my opponent either gambles ducking a lot due to fear of Siegs throws or ducks on reflex when I do a short step towards him.
Memorize the situations in which your opponent ducks and use a heavy-hitting mid instead. Play with his mind and make him think youre going to throw, then use something to punish his duck instead.

On SRSH. Its always better to use this as a trump card rather than spam it. If your opponent is interrupting it consistently, that means hes conditioned to respond to the animation in such a way. Cut down on the SRSH use to weaken his conditioning and bust it out mainly in high pressure situations where your opponent is more prone to choking.

Yeah WR Cancel ~ A_B+G works pretty well for me. Also ive noticed if you step guard certain moves you can easily use 1b as punishment

Back