[Jan 7, 2012] Madison SCIV Tourney #69 (Madison, WI)

I am in a agreement with the announcement of any event. It should be announced on all forums and social networks that us league members tend to use.

Jimmy! I will be on top of Anthony, Shadow, Khzhak about there SC5 league fee so much. They'll get sick and tired of hearing from me. ;) ::laughs::

Jimmy or anyone else your on stand by just in case I have to work and Metallix needs a carpool ride on over to the event.

This or Frosty Faustings? :\

@#$! this is like a 2.5 hour drive!

Can we play some F:UC and HNK? Maybe some Rumble Fish 2? I'll be bringing Survival Arts, SC3:AE and Basara X....

This is just a small Madison local gathering among our members. Frosty Faustings offers a lot more competition, if that's closer to where you are. We mainly play Soul Calibur Competitively and most other games are played casually.

So no Survival Arts, then? Greatest competitive game evar. Seriously, ask me to bring it. Totally got it ready. Someone else has to bring the cabinet, though, I only have a little car.

I want to go harass the WI crew. I could go to both.... pretty sure I can get my A.B.A. double eliminated in a record 1.5 hours. If we figure out how they did that thing in Coolio's Fantastic Voyage video we can all go try Skullgirls.

Isn't there an arcade equipment auction happening up there soon? Maybe it already passed... I think it's in Milwaukee? I bought cheese curds there. Didn't even know such a thing existed before that.

Hi Supa.

None of us are really the type to invest in arcade machines - they are big and expensive, after all. Are you from around here? I'll be at Frosty, and maybe we can meet up there for a while. I haven't played AC in forever though so we probably wouldn't be playing games (unless you're playing CSEX as well).

We have regular gatherings in Madison though, so you should feel free to come by any time. We like games. Probably not going to have luck dragging a cabinet, and our venue isn't really ideal for one even if you did, but if you bring console games someone will probably play with you.

I'm in the west burbs of Chicagoland.

The Survival Arts bit was a joke. If you've ever played that game...... well, you know. If not, go youtube it.

You'd be surprised at how inexpensive arcade equipment has become. Especially at the auctions. With a little luck, you can get some really good deals. A buddy of mine was actually *paid* to go get a couple of Blast City Sega Bass Fishing cabinets from a local business owner. One replacement control panel later, you have yourself a nice little compact(ish) arcade machine.

Superguns are also popular and can sometimes be nabbed for cheap. For systems like the 246, NAOMI and Atomiswave all you really need is a powersupply and some joysticks. The more expensive Superguns have upscanners, but all 3 of these systems run natively on VGA (and don't need an upscanner/video converter/etc).

SC3:AE was not a joke. The arcade system that SC3:AE runs on is actually a refactored PS2. The controller ports are intact and even work for some games. SC2 and SC3:AE can both be played on the arcade hardware with a couple of PS2 pads and a VGA monitor. :) Unfortunately, not all 246 games have the pad functionality. F:UC and Basara X don't, but there are PS2 versions.

I sort of assumed that any gathering for fighters eventually turns into people playing casuals on ports of Project Justice and other random titles. If that isn't this crew's thing, then disregard. :)

However, if you just happen to have an old PS2, are a SC fan and find yourself bored.... you should definitely try F:UC and play with all the fun combos. Rumble Fish and Basara X actually got extra content (playable characters) in the console versions.

You looking for more free wins, iKotomi? ;)

Probably not going to make the next one, but after SCV comes out.... I'll be up a few times. It's quite the drive...
It was a blast, though. Nice local gathering in a comfortable place that wasn't crowded or otherwise awkward. Everyone seemed to be having a pretty good time. Great time, indeed.

You guys will have to make a special trip down here to check out Galloping Ghost sometime (gallopingghostarcade.com) and the GameWorks in Schaumburg sometime, too.

You looking for more free wins, iKotomi? ;)

Probably not going to make the next one, but after SCV comes out.... I'll be up a few times. It's quite the drive...
It was a blast, though. Nice local gathering in a comfortable place that wasn't crowded or otherwise awkward. Everyone seemed to be having a pretty good time. Great time, indeed.

You guys will have to make a special trip down here to check out Galloping Ghost sometime (gallopingghostarcade.com) and the GameWorks in Schaumburg sometime, too.

I was in Chicago last Saturday so I wasn't there. Noticed you won blazblue so was wondering if you would be back some time (there are literally like 4 people in Madison that play this game).

Ya, I remember you went to Frosty Faustings.

Dr. Tom plays BlazBlue. Don't let him fool you. If you can get him off of Battlefield 3 for 15 minutes..... ;)

Back