Japanese or English VO - Which did you stick with?

Japanese or English VO - Which did you stick with?

• Japanese!

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • English!

Votes: 51 62.2%
  • Neither, I play with volume muted

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

hoshinocomet

[14] Master
I suppose its a matter of being exposed too long to the English VO, so for now, I'm picking English voiceovers, unlike SCIV where I chose to stick with Japanese.

I stick with Japanese because I'm freakin tired of Johnny Yonh Bosch and Wendee Lee. And dear god I heard Vic Mignona is here somewhere.

Oddly enough, although I love switching voices to Japanese, Soul Calibur is the only series where I don't switch the VO to Japanese. (With the exception of SCIV for some odd reason)

English is the only logical choice for me. In terms of voice talent, neither side outperforms the other and since English is my native language, that's the setting I went for. Besides, both languages use the same script, so whatever bad, cheesy line is in English is also in Japanese. Both nationalities get to suffer together in this regard :D

English, because the voice acting is so superb this time around.

For SCIV, neither since either was so hilariously bad, I just blasted music while playing.

I wish they'd one day dub every character in their native language and just use subs ala the Virtua Fighter series. It adds sooooo much believability to the game world it's hard to go back to anything else.

Well, for SCV at least, I've just kept it on English because I haven't felt any compelling need to change it. Although Leixia's insufferable voice makes me wonder whether or not the JP version could possibly be any worse...

I wish they'd one day dub every character in their native language and just use subs ala the Virtua Fighter series. It adds sooooo much believability to the game world it's hard to go back to anything else.

Well, for SCV at least, I've just kept it on English because I haven't felt any compelling need to change it. Although Leixia's insufferable voice makes me wonder whether or not the JP version could possibly be any worse...

Yea that would've been great if they did that with the voiceovers.

Eng. or Japanese, i really don't care.

Well, the English custom character voices in IV did suck. A prime example: "You can bet your soul on it!" though that actually sounds hilariously awesome.
Lol. I always thought he would end up saying "BET YOUR ASS ON IT!"

I was disappointed every time he said soul, and remembered how much I hated that voice.

It's just so damn funny...
My brother used that quote IRL and I nearly died laughing.

Mom: Make sure you clean the house!
Bro: You can bet your soul on it!
Your mom: I've failed as a mother to my son.

If my kid ran around yelling "YOU CAN BET YOUR SOUL ON IT!" I don't know if I'd claim an award or hit him. XD

Japanese, was the first thing I did when firing up the game. English dubs can be awesome (see Cowboy Bebop) but these...aren't. At least, not in my opinion.

Plus, Souichiro Hoshi IS Kilik. Everyone else is a fake-ass pretender. XD

Back