Joining the club... Original creations

Sheol

[08] Mercenary
Thought I'd finally stop lurking/stalking everyone else's threads and make my own little gallery. Would love opinions.

I'm not going to bother with bios unless people ask, since they'll end up kind of long.

Seyrah

P1
SOULCALIBUR_85.png

SOULCALIBUR_82.png

P2
SOULCALIBUR_6.png

P3
SOULCALIBUR_4-1.png

P4
SOULCALIBUR_80.png

Skeye, Seyrah's mother

P1
SOULCALIBUR_1.png

P2
SOULCALIBUR_9.png

P3

SOULCALIBUR_2-1.png

P4

SOULCALIBUR_1-1.png

Kyarr, Skeye's psychotic brother

SOULCALIBUR_44.png

SOULCALIBUR_42.png

Asinori, Kyarr and Skeye's surrogate father

SOULCALIBUR_41.png

SOULCALIBUR_40.png

Tyrak, Asinori's once comrade in arms

SOULCALIBUR_28.png

SOULCALIBUR_29.png

Zira'shiin, a mercenary companion of Kyarr's

SOULCALIBUR_46.png

Eclipaust, another companion of Kyarr's, his "caretaker"

SOULCALIBUR_47.png

SOULCALIBUR_48.png

Sangh, a possessed killer who admires Kyarr's "handiwork", Tyrak's right-hand servant

SOULCALIBUR_49.png

SOULCALIBUR_50.png

More to come, but these are it for this particular story.

Asinori is a great design.
Sangh is nice, but he could use some more dark clothing. You know, shiny armor is not exactly awesome for a killer, mayb leather boots? Also, if his face were painted in black'n red I think he would be more terrifying.

That's a good suggestion. I haven't been happy with how Sangh came out.

I was worried Asinori was a bit too much stereotypical-guy-all-in-black looking, I tried to differentiate his outfit with textures and patterns and such, though.

Thanks for the comments. :)

Well... you HAVE to make a stereotypical-guy-all-in-black looking...everybody has to XD and I like him XD
Oh and Kyarr... if he was not using Cervantes style, but Siegfried, I would call him Aragorn's lost brother XD

omg that's a great idea! I'm going to make Aragorn tonight XD

Seyrah: 1P looks pretty good, the stickers near her feet on the back of her pants look sloppy. 2P, great. I don't really see the 3P so..no comment. Don't really like the 4P much. You do saturate the clothes a lot on her, so tone that down a little.
Skeye (Oh i get it, Sky lol): 1P, i like everything you did with this one. 2P, this one is very good as well as the clothes really seem to blend together nicely. 3P, hrrmm emeimce nah...kind of ugly if you ask me. 4P, OH! This one is very nice, it has a cloud pattern and the blue and white, my fav Skeye costume.
Kyarr: Hmmm...nope the psycho-ness and this outfit does not work with me...he looks more like a ranger imo.
Asinori: He looks...um....grim.
Tyrak: LOL His armor reminds me of that red Bionicle uh....http://www.toymania.com/features/images/toanuvatitle.jpg That one.
Zira'shiin: Oh he looks very nice and unique, kind of like the sinister brooding guy right? I would make him fully clothed tho, so no armored hip belt thing.
Eclipaust: I'm not really feeling this one, i don't know what you mean by caretaker so maybe that's why @_@
Sangh: He looks nice, i would get rid of the pattern tho or replace it with a more intimidating sticker/pattern as he's supposed to be like the "dark" character right?

Btw, Skeye and Seyrah look nothing alike...dafuq? they're mother and daughter they should have some strong physical resemblance's. Why so many costumes for 1 character!? Are you NutZ!?

Yay, comments. :)

And LOL, I had to go back and look because I actually posted their alt costumes out of order. :p I pretty much agree with you on them and will probably end up deleting some of the weaker ones as I run out of spaces.

Skeye's 4p is one of my favorite CAS's so far. I'm not overly fond of her 3p either, was supposed to be when she's younger and isn't a paladin/divine warrior yet.

I never even thought of how little they resemble each other. Skeye doesn't raise Seyrah, though, as she gets killed in battle shortly after she's born, hence the difference in dress. I think, though, in SC4 I had Seyrah with Skeye's hair color, don't know why I changed it to black now, will see how it looks with the brown. :D

Kyarr I've never been happy with how he's come out in these games. He's not really a cool looking character in the story. And he doesn't *look* like a psycho, he sort of looks like a hobo in the story. :p Need to work on him more.

Asinori is the Warlord in Despair, so yes, grim. :p

LOL @ your Tyrak comment.

I'll try your advice on Zira'shiin, too.

Eclipaust is complicated. He's a psychic warrior-monk who ran across Kyarr in his travels and now is trying to heal him of his insanity.

Definitely going to work on Sangh more.

Anyway, I have some more I'll put up soon, just been lazy about uploading them. :p

Thanks for the feedback. :)

MMMMMM, I like the designs, but I'm not convinced about colors. Not really sure what is exactly. Certainly you must pick a couple of colors and work with them but you take that idea a little too far and use 2 colors. Black/Green. Black/white, Red/Yellow...yo could work a little on colors for the final result being more..."realistic" I don't really know how to say it. But you should play with colors a little.

Hmm i think you can do better on Skeye's 4p tho.

No no, i mean physical resemblances, like same physique, face, eyebrows or hair. Not the clothes, that's fashion sense wich is influenced by your environment.

Hmm..he should look more crappy than, like the wild hair or torn equipment.

I dunno what to imagine with Eclipaust than.....Buddha-ish?

No problem.

@Neclord, that's probably true. I will experiment with that sometime, though I think some of my others I need to post might be a bit better in that regard.

@DR, yeah, I know that's what you meant, I'm going to try making them look more similar. And do we have options for torn equipment and such? Feeling a bit brain dead right now, haven't played in a couple days. And Eclipaust is just kind of complicated since I put lot of effort into developing the culture he comes from, so it's hard to relate it to something on earth. Sorry. :p

Anyway, couple more random characters from this setting I didn't post yet. They're not really connected to the other characters, though. And they're not my favorite designs, either.

Ba'auth'aal -- the ancient father of demons in this world
SOULCALIBUR_35.png

SOULCALIBUR_34.png

Iruxtuu -- renegade god who killed all his brothers after going mad

SOULCALIBUR_27.png

SOULCALIBUR_26.png

Zeryakyl -- one of the highest-ranking cultists of Iruxtuu

SOULCALIBUR_24.png

SOULCALIBUR_25.png

Ameliarana, a holy knight whose ancient forefather was an angel (I actually kind of like how her P1 came out)

P1
SOULCALIBUR_31.png

SOULCALIBUR_30.png

P2, for when she's dressing down at court (it even has more than 2 colors!!)

SOULCALIBUR_32.png

SOULCALIBUR_33.png

That red... as I said, use less saturation if you want your characters to become more natural.
If you intend in making them look like anime characters, then you are in the right way.

To be honest there shit TONE DOWN THE COLORS ...you should check gatsu's the only ones who kinda of impress me are sangh and seyrha.

Ba'auth'aal': He looks cool for a demon character but if he's a bull than the wings are uneccesary and kind of ugly.
Iruxtuu: He looks like a toy -_- The attire looks good but the colors make it look like plastic.
Zeryakyl: He looks great, i don't see anything that i would change about him.
Ameliarana 1P: Go go power rangers! I like it tho, very nice.
Ameliaran 2P: I like it, very good.

Good points all around. And LOL @ power rangers.

Iruxtuu might have been my first attempt messing around with the CE armors >_>

I should have take a better pic of Zery's head, I really like the tatoo I did on his forehead.

Thanks again. More coming soon. :)

Back