[Jun 2, 2012] Road to EVO: Northwest Majors 4 (Seattle, WA)

I don't suppose there's some way to get the wireless pad ban lifted on PS3?

Most tournaments have a dedicated desync station to prevent problems with synced pads randomly interrupting matches. Is there some reason you can't do this?

Yeah I agree. While I understand they're trying to prepare people for EVO rules and all that there are plenty of EVO qualifiers that didn't do this because 1. It's not Evo and anything you can do to include as many people you will and 2. It's a dumb fucking rule that is universally abhored.

Agreed. If that ends up being set in stone, that means I'm forced to play on one of these, and I'll definitely only be playing at 50% on that piece of trash. I'd feel much more comfortable on my regular PS3 pad synced with a USB. In addition, the rules say 99 second rounds, which is definitely not standard for any other tournaments...am I going to have to break out the ultra-turtle Raphael?

Other than that, I'm pre-reg'd and ready to go.

What I did was take my battery out of my PS3 controller, and no tournament has had a problem with it at all. and I get to use my controller, cuz it only works when plugged in :)

See you all there! LETS GET SERIOUS!

For the controller thing, MLG uses one of the built-in PS3 setting (I forget if it was to disable bluetooth devices) to make it so that controllers are only synced to a station while they're plugged in.

FRIDAY NIGHT WELCOME PARTY
6pm - 9pm ACME Bowling

NWM4 Participants we are holding a Meet/Greet at ACME Bowl.
The space is pretty small though so come on down register (if you have not), pick up your badge, verify your registration and events, grab some pizza and then hit the bar!

ACME Bowl
100 Andover Park West
Tukwila, WA 98188
206.340.ACME

It will save you a lot of time on Saturday, as you will know what your start time is, and not have to show up until then, else you are standing in line at 8am with everyone who did not register on time.

We will have a couple of casual set ups to do some MMs on or get some last minute practice in.

Everyone can come on down, but the pizza is for registered NWM4 guests only.

Actually have a bunch of stuff going on and won't be able to make it, but I hope you all have a great time. Seems like this is going to be a spectacular event!

Good job Heaton. You made me proud...but now I have to go back to stabbing you online.

Grats to Greatone and Mamba for placing as well.

Thanks man. I'm pretty embarrassed by the way I played in both MK top 3 and SC top 3. I played so bad. I need to play with people like you and Pyro more online.

Congrats to Beat-on for taking 1st with Manfried. Now wheres the archived stream? Couldnt find it on the links provided.

Congrats to Beat-on for taking 1st with Manfried. Now wheres the archived stream? Couldnt find it on the links provided.
http://www.twitch.tv/teamkhaos/b/320278330?t=254m23s (top 3)
http://www.twitch.tv/khaosgaming2/b/320280833?t=151m10s (up to top 3)

Grats to Heaton on his win (it was nice to finally meet you), Great One and Black Mamba for making top 3 (yeah GO!), and to the rest of the top 8 (especially Show & 13th Warrior getting there). I wished I could've spent more time with you all, but there was no rest for me that weekend. I'll make up for it at EVO.

Back