Kogarasumaru September 2009 Results

Jaxel

Administrator
Yo!!! This event as a success on all accounts. Yes, we had the same number of attendees as last month; but there was half a dozen people who genuinely couldn't make it with the new fiscal year... Hopefully they will make it next month. As I have said many times; banning Algol and Hilde isn't really about getting new players, its about making sure the current players we have don't get frustrated and quit. So with this month, and that in mind... I think we're doing well.

Serge won the No-Pros! That fucker.
http://www.8wayrun.com/ranking.php?do=event&eid=154

Ramon won the singles event... again...
http://www.8wayrun.com/ranking.php?do=event&eid=155

There aren't any HD videos of this month; the version of Cineform I have is incompatible with Windows 7 and I didn't realise it until 10 minutes before the tournament... So instead, we did a direct live feed stream with audio commentary, and those videos will be up in the video section soon.

Kogarasumaru October 2009 Results

good stuff Jaxel! some great matches. the grand final was awesome.
it´s so much better to have audio from the audience too, imo.
much more atmosphere/feeling/whatever. more enjoyable to watch!

Ty for the uploads jaxel.

gratz for Ramon and Serge.

(BTW... who was "singing in the rain" in the KDZ vs SU matches? =-P)

Grats to ramon su and kdz. Sorry I couldn't make it, I'm having life issues right now.

Yo Jaxel I notice u have the vids up on youtube. I was wondering if that was all of them because I remember playing both InsaneKhent and Kikaleek on the recording tv. Do u still have them because the whole purpose of me running Sets the entire tournament including 1-2 times during losers finals and Grand Finals is to measure my progress. If u have them can u please put them up. I need critique from the Sets forums. Thanks!

Thanks again Jaxel for hosting a good tournament, and good games to everyone I played =)

Yo. First off, props to Serge and Ramon for winning the tournaments last night. And props to the placers.

Secondly, special shout out to Sporko for placing top 4 in the no-pros tourney. You've been collecting quite a number of tournament wins recently. Also, good job Malice on gathering a few wins himself in the singles tournament.

Good games to everyone I played. Fun times all around as usual.

Jaxel, that Talim mirror was epic. If we meet again in tournament I'll have to not freeze up so much. Maybe then things will turn out differently, haha. Good stuff man.

Ramon:

So I looked at the GF's video to find out what happened at the end of the round when I told u all I did was hold G. It appears it was one of those glitches in the game similiar to Kilik's iFotd when u do Asura and he ends up going in the other direction.

You can see Kilik get confused by which way to block at 16:54 - 16:58. So that was a game glitch (nice). Anyway good games man if I go to Bone where gonna do the same thing. Muahaha!

Also here go the other videos that were not uploaded!

Something-Unique vs. InsaneKhent (Ustream)
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2192149

Something-Unique vs. KDZaster (Ustream)
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2192613

Something-Unique vs. Kikaleek (Ustream)
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2192697

I just wanted to do a props thread because I'm always lazy about it and never get around it and end up never doing it.

Klizza - You made me respect Raph and it's something I'm definitely spend some time on and hope to get better.

Zeroeffect - Way to work that Talim. I was able to squeeze out a victory in the no-pros tournament, but you clearly dominated me in the regular one 2-0. Another character I will have to learn to respect, low tier or not.

350hz - Great game, for me at least :p I still can't believe I pulled out that win. Good Ivy and I hope to see you at the next Koga.

Hackestiff - There was a definite improvement from when I played you in the no-pros and when we played in the standard tournament. It's only a matter of time before your Kilik improves, but I wouldn't abandon the idea of working on your Mitsu

Sergestiff - Thanks for all the help with X. I now know what I have to do, to be a top level X player. She's got so many options and it will be a process, but at least the road to travel is in front of me.

Jian - Thanks for the ride and way to switch it up when you had to in the no pros! My PS3 will be ready for you next week at BONE and yes you're taking it!

Idlemind - Way to get back out there. The "ragequit" moment was priceless and slightly uncomfortable.

Kikaleek - You made a hell of a run in the standard tournament and way to get all those just frames down.

Ramon - We had a fun little mini session which was great. Amy's a bitch, but I least know a little more about her. Congrats on going back to back. Let's see if you can make it three in a row, but at next week's BONE instead.

KDZaster - Glad you were able to make it out at the last second! Nice run you had there!

Everyone else: Happy you all made it out and the turnout we had was great. I hope you can all make it out to the next tournament.

I am just coming in to award the king of silver...Something_Unique, his silver medal. And I have the next one ready for you for the next tournament SU. Great scene you got going over there guys.

Thank u lol! lf u would like me to take 1st and get that gold medal just ask. I will run Kilik 100% and postpone my Setsuka training, etc. or I will just save the hardcore Kilik for majors until I could mix it up with Thugish and RTD.

I can only hope Serge gave you that advice while really drunk, Herve lol. "Yo........Yo man listen.....you gotta do 66k, and then dodge with 44b, and you'll be the BOSS!" *shows dick*

I can only hope Serge gave you that advice while really drunk, Herve lol. "Yo........Yo man listen.....you gotta do 66k, and then dodge with 44b, and you'll be the BOSS!" *shows dick*

pretty much lol

that was a fun tournament, I cant believe my steak ended up being dick shaped, and the greatest political comment ever was made - "I would totally be a libertarian, if Batman actually existed in real life"

Lol S-U, no wonder you think Setsuka is not top 10 !
Hopefully your opponents have no idea how to fight against Setsuka. Btw your anti asta strat with Setsuka is horrible, I can't believe you took so much random attack after a blocked bullrush...

Good perf anyway !

My man cro cop 'bout to shame himself again.
icon_sad.gif

When I'm right, I'm right. My man need to quit embarrassing himself.

That sounds like a quote that Sporko would say, but I'm not 100% sure who said it since I was on dat brew.

I'll give shout outs later on, I got to get my mind back on business stuff and off of Soul Calibur.

Back