Le Bello's Challenging Create-A-Soul Challenge Contest!

giggity

I have an idea what I'm doing. It may involve Mel Gibson.

Edit: -___-" That came out wrong.

I belive what your speaking of is the "fourth hole". And by secondary opening, I believe Le Bello means when the contest actually opens for submissions... but I could be wrong...

This, essentially. I decided to announce the theme two days before I wanted the submissions. I felt it'd give people a little extra time to prepare, and would allow me to gauge a response before settling on it. In short it was a two day period where people could voice displeasure at the idea, and then I'd change it.

Idoll, you're one I plan on keeping a slightly sharper eye on. In a good way of course.

Chobek! Nice to see you guys~

And whatever you're planning Sett, I bet it's wildly inappropriate (=|;}D)

Will Comrade Astaroth be allowed in this challenge?
Soviet_Astaroth.jpg

Grab with sickle, smash with hammer. Jet pack is top secret experimental soviet technology, pay no attention to the sparking, this is normal.
Or will it need to be a "new/unposted" creation?

Will Comrade Astaroth be allowed in this challenge?
Soviet_Astaroth.jpg

Grab with sickle, smash with hammer. Jet pack is top secret experimental soviet technology, pay no attention to the sparking, this is normal.
Or will it need to be a "new/unposted" creation?

Nah he's fine by me.

Which is something I shall address:

You don't need to make something up specifically for this contest. If you already have a design you would like to use, then by all means enter it.
I find contests that require a whole new thing to be a bit silly, for lack of a better word. What's the point? You've made it, you can enter it. That, to me, seems the most simple way of thinking, no?

So feel free to post whatever you like, be it months or minutes old. If you think it matches the brief, then post away.

@LordDraco3: Somehow you've managed to set a dishearteningly high standard before the contest even began! Fuck.
@Le_Bello: Implementing the grace period was a shrewd decision. I'll still try to make something new, but if I can't, I'll just default to one of my old creations. Dibs on the UK.

After someone else (just barely) beating me to the punch last round, I swore not to let it happen again. Thus I give you Liberty.

liberty.png

I have to say, I really wish that there was a long-sleeved undergarment that wasn't skin-tight. I really could have used it here.

After someone else (just barely) beating me to the punch last round, I swore not to let it happen again. Thus I give you Liberty.

View attachment 18141

I have to say, I really wish that there was a long-sleeved undergarment that wasn't skin-tight. I really could have used it here.

That's VERY cool. But as ThePascuzzi said, it's very American, so isn't strictly sticking to the rules. (Granted it was a gift from France, but does anybody feel the Statue of Liberty really sums up France?).

Exceptionally well made though, especially the skin tones. It's good, just not right.

I almost missed this, seems cool.

I'll try to cook up something. If I couldn't I'll just have to figure out which country does my greco-roman Patrokolos represent :B.

I have some creations that fit this theme, can I participate with some or needs to be a new creation?
If so, how many creations can I participate?
Sorry if you have already explained these doubts. my english is not very good then sometimes I lose something
thanks

Okay, and here he is, Cu Chulainn! (my entry of course)
He represents Ireland. :)

The Character:
a.png
a1.png
a2.png
a3.png
a4.png
a5.png
About the flag. It is meant to represent the Irish Flag as if he were carrying it out to battle, but unfortunately, that's as close as I could get. Anyway, it's meant to be the Irish Flag.

Reasons For Design:
There are quite a few things in this design can someone could call questionable, such as the many blood stains, the scars, the image of the dog on his back, and the odd mix between bad-ass knight, and peasant.
First off, I'd like to explain why he's "pretty"... even though some sketches of Cu Chulainn showed him as a gritty barbarian.. this would be incorrect, as if you have read any of his history, Cu Chulainn is what many people viewed as a "beautiful man", so much to the point that many people would ban their daughters and wives from talking to him purely out of fear that he would seduce them.

Next to explain is the picture of the dog's face on his cape.
Anyone who knows about Cu Chulainn knows about how All of this started... because of a dog, quite a giant dog actually.
As a little child, Cu Chulainn killed a massive guard dog in defense.
This was instantly the start of his long life as a valiant and brutal warrior.
Many readings in history and mythology show that killing this dog left a massive impact on his mind, and everywhere he went, he carried with him something that symbolized the dog.

Next are the scars and blood... which are very unfortunate in metaphorical use.
Almost every era of Cu Chulainn's life was rather sad.
He killed his son in law who was in disguise as an enemy, but once killed, Cu Chulainn saw who it was and felt instant pain.
He was forced by the Queen to fight his foster brother / best friend to the death.
Most of his family were brutally killed in front of his eyes.
He had strange encounters with otherworldly creatures (such as women that transformed into swans), each of which made him feel even more alone, or cursed.
On top of this, he normally killed hundreds among hundreds of men in wars.
All of these things of which would leave scars and heavy stains of blood on both a man's body, and spirit.

And finally, why his design is a mix between royal knight, and peasant.
Well, it is true that Cu Chulainn eventually became royalty, but simply said, deep inside he wasn't royalty.
He always felt haunted and troubled, and hated to mix himself with the pompous.

Representations:
Well, as a little kid, I was always absolutely attached to Cu Chulainn.
To me, he represents everything there is to being Irish.
I'm sure we've all heard that "Luck O' The Irish" crap, when really, there's no luck in it at all.
Ireland started out very low class, poor, and at the bottom of the food chain, then disease after disease and plague came by, and if that weren't enough, there's always been endless threats, wars, and brutal "incidents" caused by English Government and extremists.

Even to this day, there's been multiple times of the English walking around places like Belfast wearing masks and holding guns, parading that our country is not our country.
Even with a treaty signed, this happens.

Maybe I could have used a Leprechaun or some other kind of novelty crap to represent Ireland, but let's be honest... the entire history of Ireland to this day is as dark as always.
A happy commercialized mascot is not what really represents the country, but one of the biggest mythological icons, covered with blood and grief, I think that just about tells it how it is.

On the other hand, Ireland is an amazing place to live, and it's absolutely beautiful.
This would be another reason for his beauty, it shows the charm. :P

Anyway, onto the point.
All the things he represents.
Well I already got around to a lot of it... the grief, all the dark historical happenings, the beauty, etc.
But there's some other things included for this.
The valor and hard working F*** YEAH personality, the rebel that most Irish have inside.
Even his looks... well at this era, most warriors and knights looked like beefed out manly men, but then Cu Chulainn, he was as everyone sad, beautiful.
Now I am not saying everyone in Ireland is beautiful, but what I am saying is, he wasn't fitting in with any other guy at the time... he was doing his own thing, being himself, innovating.

So to me, this represents Ireland with all the pain we've gone through, yet at the same time, the beauty, the rebellion, the will to never back down, and of course, the ability to always be ourselves.
Rant Over.

(Edited the third spoiler, I forgot to add something in.)

Well, there you all go, I hope that wasn't too depressing or obsessive.
And of course, I hope you all don't mind the history lessons. xD

Representing Russia, i proudly present Ivy Spetsnaz, a very cold blooded killer special operative who operates in the frozen wastelands of Siberia...armed with his silenced PDW and lethal chain-sword

c48tucxv1nhj0d4kc.jpg

c48txlzm4697bf9ek.jpg

c48tywtp83cnua5i4.jpg

c48tz4nvmnebdzskc.jpg

c48tzcgvib4somw64.jpg

c48tzlja470x9qdlo.jpg

c48tzsyoh6vjm18po.jpg

She could be Comrade Astaroth's soulmate, hey ;o)
I am sorry, but i won't submit a french guy with beret and baguette, nuff said ;o)

I have some creations that fit this theme, can I participate with some or needs to be a new creation?
If so, how many creations can I participate?
Sorry if you have already explained these doubts. my english is not very good then sometimes I lose something
thanks

You can enter one design, and it can be old or new

Such excitement! The bar's already set pretty high. And Matty, if you'd like to enter another design, feel free, though it would negate your original entry, forcing you to delete it ;D

Oi, Le Bello!
When does the voting start, and how do they take place?
Also how many votes are each person allowed to make?
And can people who put in an entry still vote as long as it's not their own entry?

Back