Le Bello's Challenging Create-A-Soul Challenge Contest!

Congrats to all. This thread is like a pungent cheese... it only gets better with age. Every time I think I've seen the best entrys, the next topic yields a better crop.

Thank you so much for those who voted for me and congrats to Neclord. I look forward to the next contest

I won something? Yeahhhhhhhhhh! I give thanks, to my dad, my mom and everyone who supported me...XD

BTW Scyle, I'll send you that golden coins by UPS as promised. XD

If it has blood instead of sparkles, I'm for it.

Oi, no mocking my sparklyness!
It will have sparkles and glitter instead of blood, a whole butt load of BDSM (pun intended), and... and... Final Fantasy's Nobuo Uematsu doing the soundtrack!!!

You hush! Mr. Last Boss you! =P

I always though I was mid-boss at best lol
user112191_pic4113_1230878206.jpg

;D The next contest? Well. Alright then. I suppose I can announce it.

Note: Guest theme winners and such won't be added to page 1 straight away, mostly because I daresay they don't count so much, partly because I wanna do some research first, so let's start with that eh?

QUESTIONAIRE TIME. ~

Did you enjoy the guest theme?
Would you enter another guest theme?
Do you want to see more guest themes?
What suggestions do you have regarding guest themes? (Do NOT suggest themes here.)
Would you like to run a guest theme?

END.

The point of having one was because Scyle wanted to get a taste of running his own contest, before doing so. This is why I say they "don't count", because it's separate from the main contest. I'm debating whether or not to add guest Theme winners to the front page, or create a new thread with the idea that everyone get's to run a "mini-contest", a one-shot that they manage and moderate, with the winners and such all being in that, so as to split the entities.
This is because I can quickly see this becoming a different kind of thread to my original vision, though I've no problems with that at all.

As for the next theme, the announcement shall be on page 1 in a little bit, but I'd like to get some feedback from this first.

Once again, well done to Scyle for organising everything, and for all the entrants. I didn't expect it to work out as well as it did in all honesty, but there were some great designs.

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) That depends on the answers you recive about question 4
4) I think it has to be "in line" with the overall thread; that being "challenging". I don't belive "hum drum" should qualify. If somone has a brilliant epiphany for a contest that and don't know how will go over, but would like a litmus test, I think that would be the best application of the guest thread idea. of course, I it would be up to your descretion about what makes it to the thread; so people need to be understanding and aware of the fact that thier suggestion may not make it to the main thread. Also, too many suggestions one way or the other (i.e. not up to snuff, or too many good suggestions to piggyback off this thread) would need to be managed by you as well, which can be time consuming.
5) Yes, both because I have been considering it, and I am too much of coward to try by myself. (T_T)

4) I think it has to be "in line" with the overall thread; that being "challenging". I don't belive "hum drum" should qualify. If somone has a brilliant epiphany for a contest that and don't know how will go over, but would like a litmus test, I think that would be the best application of the guest thread idea. of course, I it would be up to your descretion about what makes it to the thread; so people need to be understanding and aware of the fact that thier suggestion may not make it to the main thread. Also, too many suggestions one way or the other (i.e. not up to snuff, or too many good suggestions to piggyback off this thread) would need to be managed by you as well, which can be time consuming.

This is essentially that which hit the nail on it's very head. On the one hand, it's a great way to test drive an idea, and experience running a thread, on the other it's not a great look at running a thread, since all the editing and updating you'd need to do was minimal.

I've had a fair few people PMing me now with ideas for a guest theme, and it's great that people're doing it! Though sometimes I think "Well, that could be it's own thread. And it'd be more fun as an ongoing one, rather than a contest.." which reminds me to get in touch and say as much, since there're some great ideas that I don't think should be given a time limit.

Back