Leixia Q&A/General Strategy Thread

@FallenAngel - What I meant is that if the opponent is starting a move that jumps when 3B hits, it'll count as an air hit and not launch properly. I don't know of any other situation where it wouldn't launch.

On another note:
I'm starting to see some potential in 22_88B+K. It won't GI thrusts or kicks, but it will GI any other high/mid weapon attack. We know this, but the problem was that if you did it, you'd get a quickstep beforehand making the move that much slower. But if you do the shortcut version, (662_8B+K or 442_8B+K), it's almost like having an Asura on hand, especially since it has guaranteed followups.

The GI window is much longer than 4A+B, plus even if you don't do the followup attacks, you're still left with tons of frame advantage. (enough to where 66BB will beat most BBs)

I dunno how things will pan out in match play with this yet, but I'm thinking up some setups for it. This might just become the go-to counter option over 4A+B, as 4A+B is best used in string beating

What are the frames for 22_88B+K? Leixia's frame data wiki entry doesn't appear to even know of the existence of that move.

Also, scumbag moves that count as being in the air rendering Leixia's launchers useless.

What are the frames for 22_88B+K? Leixia's frame data wiki entry doesn't appear to even know of the existence of that move.

Also, scumbag moves that count as being in the air rendering Leixia's launchers useless.

I don't know the actual frames, but I just know that when I've used it in play the GI window seems to last a long time, whereas 4A+B you have to be right on point with timing.

Air hits make pretty much everyone's launchers useless. That's why jumping a throw/mid mixup is so effective at times.

Well 22B+K is technically a stance so you have 4 attacks from it. 2 of which are always guaranteed. But yeah, I know what you mean. It does seem to do a lot on it's own though on paper. Time will tell if it's as useful as i think it can be.

Xianghua's had that move since the dawn of time (i.e. Soul Calibur) and it hasn't been very useful throughout her run in the series. Although to be fair, normal Guard Impacts were free back then. She just kinda lags too much afterwards, so it's a big risk to take. Whiff and eat a CH combo.

Possibly of use, but not very. As noted, it cannot aGI kicks and lows. And what's a "thrust"?

I agree with ZeroEffect, I think 22B+K could be an amazing tool. If you hit late in the animation you can connect with normal launchers too like FC3B. And with 22B+K (22)B CE CE for later stages, could be really powerful in some circumstances.

Also could be amazing against characters where 8-way-running can deal with their most powerful attacks, thereby freeing up 22B+K to use against the expected anti-step attacks.

hi guys just want to share this new leixia tech involving WR B BE and WR B, there is a new way to use this move. leixia has the perfect set up for it in which no vertical can stop it. ok here the trick 3 A A ia a string right but 3 A alone leaves you in fc ,so you can wr B BE right after 3 A and dodge verticals just like pre patch 66 A. this could be a new way t9o deal with pressure or keep the attack going as 3 A TC under all highs. and the last thing is if wr B BE connects after 3 A and you dodge a vertical you get a damage boast so WR B BE bt B+K 3B = 80
infact ive just tested this out and even leixia own AA gets GI'd when WR B BE is used after 3A i urge you guys to test this out.

Yeah, I've used that setup myself. Basically anything that puts her in crouch can set up WS B. I don't think the GI works that fast if they block the first 3A though, probably only if it hits.

What are the GI properties of WR B?

I know WR B is i31, but does anyone know the Gi window? For example frames 6-10. I want to know whether it's best to use it after guard or hit.

Ta.

If I'm GIing something it's just a bonus. It's used to evade verticals so it's best to do it on block. On hit you're usually at advantage so there's better options. (unless you hit 11A which is also a FC setup)

yea i had the AI counter after first hit and if 3A is done so that it just hits at tip range, it will GI leixia AA. WR B BE done after 3 A+b will GI natsu's AA, so the trick is anything -10 and under on block that puts you in FC. WR B or WR B BE will always step any vertical in the game.

Yesterday when I played against Sacharja I felt like CE 2K isn't a forced block against Siegfried.
So I tested it and he isn't the only one.

CE 2K is not a forced block and can be evaded by holding G and standing up normally by:
Siegfried, Hilde, Cervantes, Nightmare, Mitsu, Maxi, Yoshi and Alpha.

Hurray, more character-specific stuff to look out for when playing Leixia!

However, 3B is still a forced block against everyone. Nice "mix-up", typical for Leixia.

Yeah i noticed it didn't work on Mitsu... funny how the characters Leixia has the worst time with can all escape this "mixup".

On another note, I'm really starting to hate Ivy all over again. I think she's gonna be hell for Lexy too down the line, cause her backstep is retarded. Only character in the game that can backstep FC 3B after being hit with 6KK at near point blank range.

=/

Another thing (finally something good): If your opponent holds G during wall combos, you can do 2B+K after 4A+B W!. Try it out and see what happens. ^^

Ahh, very nice. That's something good there alright. A trick I used to use for people holding G was 4A+B W! 4A+B,B. That way the 1st hit connect and they're forced to block the adv. on block feint. But I may start using this instead.

IM surprised i rarely see leixia mains using 2 B+K to whiff punish its a free combo now that double CE is gone its a good way to get damage

Back