Leixia Q&A/General Strategy Thread

-16 is not too bad. Even so it is still one of her best moves.

Also a setup I have come across that I want some opinions on:

After AA BE most people block the last hit, so if you do AA BE K they either take the hit and kill their guard gauge or try and interrupt and get hit by the quake. Is it steppable, interruptable? It has worked all the time's I have tried it. Same thing goes for 4BBk

Also one question, does 6A+B have any oki uses. Does it not pick people off the ground and kill backrollers?

WR K- +10 on hit, guaranteed AA on hit, relatively safe on block
Doesn't guarantee an AA if they're crouching when hit, does it? Also, it's completely safe on block. It's only -2 on block, which actually makes it a frame trap.

6BA/6BaB isn't much of a mix-up. The A is high and the aB is really slow. If you see Leixia 6B, just do a quick TC:ing move. It'll TC under the A and beat the aB. Even if Leixia stops at 6B, she's at -8 on block, which means it's not a frame trap. Just throw out any fast and safe/safish move and you shut down the entire 6BA/6BaB mix-up because it's not much of a mix-up, really.

-16 is not too bad.
Literally every single character in the game can punish -16.

After AA BE most people block the last hit, so if you do AA BE K they either take the hit and kill their guard gauge or try and interrupt and get hit by the quake. Is it steppable, interruptable? It has worked all the time's I have tried it. Same thing goes for 4BBk
Of course AA BE K is interruptable if you're fast enough or do it on prediction. The easiest way to interrupt it is to do a jumping move or an empty jump into whatever. You barely have to time anything because TJ frames come out pretty fast in this game.

Also one question, does 6A+B have any oki uses. Does it not pick people off the ground and kill backrollers?
Leixia has no moves that launches people off the ground unless they try to block certain Mids low.

Doesn't guarantee an AA if they're crouching when hit, does it? Also, it's completely safe on block. It's only -2 on block, which actually makes it a frame trap.

What I meant. I thought Zero said the AA was guaranteed, maybe only if they are standing. It leaves you at +10 though, so you have a lot of options after that(BB would probably work, maybe 6KK)

I just edited my post. You might want to re-read it.

Good info. I still think 6KK is a great tool because of it's range. Most of my sparring partners try to punish it, and cant unless they do like AA. I dont know of many characters other than like Natsu who can full combo punish it because of it's range. If they do you can just do another 6KK to mix them up and it will hit anyone who tries to punish it to slow.

Fair point though, -16 is bad.

Not including AA and BB

6KK- One of her main punishers, can be used from FC, +8 on hit, one of her most damaging natural combos, relatively safe on block
66K- Great to pressure on knockdown, relatively safe. Great move to end a round.
4A+B- aGI, combo starter, can go into feint for frame advantage
FC 3B, 3B- Main combo starter, pretty safe for a launcher
WR K- +10 on hit, guaranteed AA on hit, relatively safe on block
1B- Gives an untechable knockdown, starts a lot of her offense
6B- Great punisher, can go into a feint or 6BA
66BB- Can be used for a full combo on CH, good spacing tool, feint is great for guard break
4A- Safe on block, has good range
6A+B- Good for spacing and picking people up after a knockdown. Safe if used from max range.
Crybaby- Can kill some characters oki game completely(see Voldo) and is also downright hilarious

This is just 10 good moves, she has a lot of decent moves. Just no high damaging ones.

Awesome. Thanks A Lot Zoidberg. I Appreciate It :D

Awesome. Thanks A Lot Zoidberg. I Appreciate It :D

Here's the actual top-10 thread here:
http://8wayrun.com/threads/leixias-top-10-moves.10784/

Just for the sake of it, here's my new top 10 (in no particular order):

6KK (Punisher, can be replaced with just 6K to make it pseudo-safe if they expect the second strike)
3A series (Shenanigans with 3A, A_ 3A, FC2K_ 3A, WR A_ 3A, Throw)
3A+B (Best stepkill)
2K (Good way to chip and set up frame traps/reverse mixups)
22B (I actually never use 22_88B, instead using 21478_87412B or 221478_887412B for a same-side step)
22K_kA series (Very similar animations, plus you can stop the 22kAA B_K short by one or two hits to make for another mixup, even on block)
6A+B (High guard damage, great pushback, kills armor, acts like Pyrrha's 3A+B)
WR A (Counter hit fisher that gives guaranteed CE, or else a Throw/Launch mixup)
4K (Staple frame trap setup - AA/2A to keep them honest, or use Throw/2K if they start to turtle)
3B+K (Great for spacing, has tech crouch properties, has good range, works well after a backstep)

What I meant. I thought Zero said the AA was guaranteed, maybe only if they are standing. It leaves you at +10 though, so you have a lot of options after that(BB would probably work, maybe 6KK)

Nah I said AA beats anything they do other than blocking, straight ducking or a 1 frame TC. they can't attack/CE/GI/JG/or move.

Literally every single character in the game can punish -16.

NM and Sieg only get a good punish with meter. Still yeah this move is pretty bad on block. And rightfully so.

Finally back at playing the game, so I've spend some time in the lab in the past few days with Leixia.

While messing around with launchers, I discovered something fairly interesting about the number of frames 3B/FC3B leaves your opponent helpless for after Leixia recovers.

If you try 3B, 4A on a dummy, you'll notice them go from the "downed but getting up" animation into an instantaneous transition to a full standing block. This leads me to believe that 4A strikes on the VERY close to the individual frame that it becomes possible to guard again.

As 4A is i22, we can assume that after Leixia's 3B recovers, she has ~22 frames before her opponent can begin using a move of their own. Curiously, 6A+B (i21) connects on some characters, yet whiffs on others due to hitbox issues. I'm not sure why this occurs when the frames says she has enough time to connect, but without seeing frame-by-frame hitboxes of a falling character, I won't be able to find out definitively.

FC3B has 25 frames of playtime after Leixia recovers. 44A (i25) causes the same "instantaneous transition" as 4A does with 3B.

What can we do with this information? Well, given that your opponent's absolute fastest possible move is i10 (let's leave a Pat's CE out of this), you've got 32/35+ frames to play with after a launch, respectively. Usually it's best to use a followup like 1B/3B+K/6[A], but with over 30 frames at her disposal, Leixia can also use this time to effectively step and position herself to set up a ring out or wall splat. Assuming quickstep takes 20 frames, she still effectively has 12-15 frames to attack in such a way as to be uninterruptable by attacks (JG and GI are still a factor).

On another topic, I recorded a dummy repeating 3B, 6A (non spin version) over and over. To my surprise, It seems absolutely impossible to use wakeup CE without rolling to the side or doing a full "guard and drop guard" first. Any time I attempted CE, my character was in BT. I'm not sure if this is due to funky inputs on my part, but it seems like the raw 6A as a launcher followup has some properties that can mess with your opponent's orientation. I could still perform WR A/B/K straight off of wakeup, so I'll have to look into it some more and see if there are any character-specific applications for this.

What can we do with this information?
with over 30 frames at her disposal, Leixia can also use this time to effectively step and position herself to set up a ring out or wall splat.

This is somewhat along the lines I was thinking concerning her KNDs. But not quite as flaky.
With every launch (or KND like 4K) you get a mixup between something that catches rolling and something that forces them to block if they tech/stand up. You could opt to do something like 4K~quickstep~33BB to force a stand, (does good dmg if they lie there), which opens up 4K~quickstep~44K for pressure and gauge dmg. Or perhaps, 4K~ step forward, iFC 3BB to track all tech except backward. (Back tech would be covered by 33BB) If 33BB is too risky a gamble, you could substitute delayed FC 3B I suppose.

You could do the same with 3B/FC 3B/22B etc. The obvious problem with a strategy like this is, of course, loss of guaranteed damage. And unfortunately, the longer you draw out a fight with Leixia, the harder it is to close out the round. But if you can make some good reads on your opponents wakeup tendencies early on, it can really open up opportunities for Leixia's pressure.

You can tech to avoid both the main situations you mentioned, but it's a good idea none the less. Should work after something like 3B 1B.

You can tech to avoid both the main situations you mentioned, but it's a good idea none the less. Should work after something like 3B 1B.
You can't avoid FC 3B by teching if it's delayed. 44K either. The idea was to make them want to tech so they stand up into GB pressure. The only thing that works is rolling at a certain time to the right (Leixia's left) after some setups.

3B, 1B is untechable so there'd be no way to force a tech if you wanted to.

Can someone give me some information about the guts system in this game? I read someplace that that attacks do less damage when the opponent is at a certain percentage of life. How does that affect Leixia?

Can someone give me some information about the guts system in this game? I read someplace that that attacks do less damage when the opponent is at a certain percentage of life. How does that affect Leixia?
I think attacks that do 20 or less damage get cut in half.

I think attacks that do 20 or less damage get cut in half.
Not sure if this effects Leixia much or not. It seems to really hit characters with multiple hit midscreen combos like Viola or Natsu a bit more. Leixia doesn't really have any staple midscreen combos that are more than 4 hits long.

Not sure if this effects Leixia much or not. It seems to really hit characters with multiple hit midscreen combos like Viola or Natsu a bit more. Leixia doesn't really have any staple midscreen combos that are more than 4 hits long.
Yeah I didn't weigh in on that part because I try not to poke much when they get that low on health but FC3B/22B, 6A+B or catching step with AAB usually gets me the kill.

22k and 22kA mixup is still godlike. It was pretty broken with the knockdown to be honest. The fact that 22kAAK is a normal combo that does over 50 damage and kills step is beyond me. I feel bad for abusing it sometime. People who can duck 22K on reaction die to this move, it's almost unfair. It's good, good, good.

Also I found out 2A tech traps after 22kAAB for 62 damage. LOL

Not to mention that 88_22kAAK does significant guard damage. It's still great, but I wouldn't call the mixup "Godlike," mostly because 25~ damage and +0 on hit aren't really a huge reward for a correct guess. The low just isn't a very scary option, and most people seem to just guess mid every time because of this.

Still, the guard damage is great, and I'll take whatever extra damage I can get--it just seems like for a character with damage as low as hers, a KND for a correct guess would have been nice.

Having 88_22kAAK blocked is still a favorable situation, so it's a fantastic move; but I don't think the mixup is all that great. I haven't thought to use 22_88K as a round-ender though. Maybe I shouldn't count that move out just yet.

EDIT: Our frame data on the wiki has an error. It shows 22_88AB instead of 22_88kAAB

Back