Let's pretend we're developing a Soul Calibur game together.

I really like a lot of the ideas you present, especially the RPG/Build a world elements that would be introduced in adventure mode. I think both would complement each other quite well, I'd also like to see implemented with some of the RPG class elements that were mentioned by HydroJamesAqua earlier.

I have suggestion for the elements, how about some of the effects of the elements be affected by how a player plays.
-For example, the Earth Cloak that gains you life. How about the player keeps on gaining life (less over time) until he/she gets hit again? This would create some pressure on the opponent to rush in and make mistakes.

-Or how about have a field of influence where a player could extend the duration/effects of an ability/buff/debuff by staying close to the enemy? This could completely change the way certain character would have to be played. For instance, a Taki/Natsu/Ninja player would have to consider to merits of staying in close or knocking his/her opponent away until the element wore off.

I'm not sure about having the BE and CE's assigned to the directional buttons though because I wouldn't want to alienate people that prefer using the D-pad or cause accidental inputs. I don't think it's a bad idea, I just don't think it should set in default controls.

I also think there should also be a much more extensive training mode for new players that allows new players to get used to basic mechanics such as quickstepping, 8wayrunning, teching throws, etc. rather than just moves and one or two combos. It should also teach players about frame data, just inputs, hitboxes, hurtboxes, etc.

Thanks, really worked hard on the RPG/world element.
From what I have seen of his suggestion, this only makes up 1 special ability for each character, wich is kinda too low (compared too mine free too choose 4 be/ce and 6 abilities via relics)?
And class based games narrows down options, so no (unless both systems are implented, but that would make it harder to balance...?).

Yeah, kinda like the earth cloak suggestion, mayby make it to the other buff/cloak powers too (at least some of them that have the same mechanic).

Hmmm, mayby, have to think that out.

They don't need to be assigned to the directional buttons, as long as all 4 commands can be executed, it's fine (but it would nice to have them on a...kinda same command layout, a system kinda).

Agree about Extensive training mode, I kinda have it on my suggestion, but I have not fleshed it out ( i kinda focused on the single player world, as you might see).

Mayby we could work something out?

Last edited:
My new proposed single-player mode:
Inspired by SCV's Quick Match mode, this mode will challenge the player by pitting them against characters designed by developers, who wield weapons made by developers, on arenas made by developers.

There would also be team challenges. They could either be Tag-Team or Line-Up style team matches. There would also be handicap-matches where the player is outnumbered.

There would also be mini-game like challenges to add more variety to this mode, though I have to come up with some new ideas.

I would also bring some bosses to the mix. I would include Inferno, Abyss, Night Terror, and Algol. I would want to introduce a new boss character.

My proposed Guest Characters:
Heihachi Mishima from Tekken.
Gilgamesh from The Tower of Druaga.
Scorpion from Mortal Kombat.

Thanks, really worked hard on the RPG/world element.
From what I have seen of his suggestion, this only makes up 1 special ability for each character, wich is kinda too low (compared too mine free too choose 4 be/ce and 6 abilities via relics)?
And class based games narrows down options, so no (unless both systems are implented, but that would make it harder to balance...?).

Yeah, kinda like the earth cloak suggestion, mayby make it to the other buff/cloak powers too (at least some of them that have the same mechanic).

Hmmm, mayby, have to think that out.

They don't need to be assigned to the directional buttons, as long as all 4 commands can be executed, it's fine (but it would nice to have them on a...kinda same command layout, a system kinda).

Agree about Extensive training mode, I kinda have it on my suggestion, but I have not fleshed it out ( i kinda focused on the single player world, as you might see).

Mayby we could work something out?

I was referring to having class systems in general, I think having classes adds to the RPG feel of the adventure mode. It wouldn't actually have to do anything other than maybe make some items cheaper or more efficient i.e. being a cleric gives a discount on certain potions (healing), being a knight makes defense potions cheaper, or being a ninja/assassin makes poison effects just a tiny bit more potent, etc. I agree that it would be hard to balance in matches though, but outside of matches should be fine though.

As far as the extensive training mode is concerned, did you have anything specific in mind? I was just thinking it should teach new players the basics of fighting games in general as well teach them the basic mechanics of soul caliber and have them practice it. These are just off the top of my head so let me know if you feel that I've missed anything.

Tutorials:
Fighting game specifics: The practice portions should be optional.

Basic introduction on Bars (health, meter, guard) and how to interact with/use/break them, specifically meter and guard.

How to read frame data: Negative and positive frames.
-Have the new player take advantage of slow attacks by reacting to them afterwards with attacks they choose.

Hitboxes, hurtboxes, controlling space.
-Have the new player attack just the tip of an opponent's hurtbox and move around to avoid getting hit back.
-Then do it again without the hurtboxes and hurtboxes showing.

Throw Teching: Explain what it is and the timing involved, also that in most games it done by matching the throw command used by an opponent.
-Have the player tech throws from multiple angles as well as on the ground.

Counter Hits
-Have the new player react and interrupt attacks, then show the difference in damage in numbers/percentage/or as white health in the health bar.

Priority: Explain and demonstrate what it is
-Practice interrupting sidesteps with [A], [A] attacks with, etc.

Damage scaling: Explain and demonstrate what it is.

Knockdowns: What do after a knockdown (wake up game)
-Have players practice rolling from side to side (avoiding attacks), have them roll backwards, or do a quick getup and block depending on the attack coming their way.
-Also have the new player try to capitalize on an opponent that is knocked down by having them time their attacks or try different options to hit a recovering opponent such as throws or an [A] attack to catch an opponent rising up.

Soul Calibur Mechanics: Explain what it is and maybe have them practice afterwards
-The nature of [A] (horizontal), (Vertical), and throws
-Just guarding
-Just inputs
-Guard Impacting
-Brave edges and critical edges
-8wayrunning
-Quickstepping
-Soul Charging
-Positioning
Have the player practice using attacks that switches places or sidesteps or use quickstepping to get around an opponent and away from the edge/wall.

Maybe the new player can gain experience after watching each tutorial or practicing each one successfully.

Last edited:
Inspired by SCV's Quick Match mode, this mode will challenge the player by pitting them against characters designed by developers, who wield weapons made by developers, on arenas made by developers.

There would also be team challenges. They could either be Tag-Team or Line-Up style team matches. There would also be handicap-matches where the player is outnumbered.

There would also be mini-game like challenges to add more variety to this mode, though I have to come up with some new ideas.

I would also bring some bosses to the mix. I would include Inferno, Abyss, Night Terror, and Algol. I would want to introduce a new boss character.

My proposed Guest Characters:
Heihachi Mishima from Tekken.
Gilgamesh from The Tower of Druaga.
Scorpion from Mortal Kombat.

Would any of the developer designed characters be available in any shape or form? It would really interesting if it were because it could be like a preview of new armors and stuff to come every other season or so in the form of DLC. I'm always one for new modes, do you think there could be one where multiple players can take on one special overpowered boss (changes by season maybe) in a tag-team or line-up style?

I don't know about Heihachi Mishima from Tekken as a guest character though only because we've seen him before. How about Kunimitsu from Tekken with a style somewhere between Yoshimitsu and Natsu? I know she's not as popular, nor is she exactly a marquee name, but I think she could bring something new and/or interesting to the mix. Scorpion would be an amazing fit from a gameplay and storyline perspective, but we've also seen him in a lot of stuff as well, how about Kenshi instead? How do you feel about a character from Persona? It doesn't have to be human character per se either ?

I was referring to having class systems in general, I think having classes adds to the RPG feel of the adventure mode. It wouldn't actually have to do anything other than maybe make some items cheaper or more efficient i.e. being a cleric gives a discount on certain potions (healing), being a knight makes defense potions cheaper, or being a ninja/assassin makes poison effects just a tiny bit more potent, etc. I agree that it would be hard to balance in matches though, but outside of matches should be fine though.

As far as the extensive training mode is concerned, did you have anything specific in mind? I was just thinking it should teach new players the basics of fighting games in general as well teach them the basic mechanics of soul caliber and have them practice it. These are just off the top of my head so let me know if you feel that I've missed anything.

Tutorials:
Fighting game specifics: The practice portions should be optional.

Basic introduction on Bars (health, meter, guard) and how to interact with/use/break them, specifically meter and guard.

How to read frame data: Negative and positive frames.
-Have the new player take advantage of slow attacks by reacting to them afterwards with attacks they choose.

Hitboxes, hurtboxes, controlling space.
-Have the new player attack just the tip of an opponent's hurtbox and move around to avoid getting hit back.
-Then do it again without the hurtboxes and hurtboxes showing.

Throw Teching: Explain what it is and the timing involved, also that in most games it done by matching the throw command used by an opponent.
-Have the player tech throws from multiple angles as well as on the ground.

Counter Hits
-Have the new player react and interrupt attacks, then show the difference in damage in numbers/percentage/or as white health in the health bar.

Priority: Explain and demonstrate what it is
-Practice interrupting sidesteps with [A], [A] attacks with, etc.

Damage scaling: Explain and demonstrate what it is.

Knockdowns: What do after a knockdown (wake up game)
-Have players practice rolling from side to side (avoiding attacks), have them roll backwards, or do a quick getup and block depending on the attack coming their way.
-Also have the new player try to capitalize on an opponent that is knocked down by having them time their attacks or try different options to hit a recovering opponent such as throws or an [A] attack to catch an opponent rising up.

Soul Calibur Mechanics: Explain what it is and maybe have them practice afterwards
-The nature of [A] (horizontal), (Vertical), and throws
-Just guarding
-Just inputs
-Guard Impacting
-Brave edges and critical edges
-8wayrunning
-Quickstepping
-Soul Charging
-Positioning
Have the player practice using attacks that switches places or sidesteps or use quickstepping to get around an opponent and away from the edge/wall.

Maybe the new player can gain experience after watching each tutorial or practicing each one successfully.

I thougt putting in attribute points into charcter sheets and putting in skills that fit the class you would play (be and ce in this case) was RPG...?
I think the cheaper things for a certain class and better potions for a another class suggestion is just examples you came up with, but small bonuses in that scale are just way to weak to be fitting a ability that is going to represent a class.
What is the point of having classes, if the only thing you get is a small bonus too something you won't notice at all in battle?
What's wrong with having no classes, with this you can become anything you want.
Besides, isn't there kinda already classes in Soul Calibur( Samurai(Mitsurugi), Knight(Siegfried), Magician(Viola) e.t.c)?

As for training mode, I think it should be just like Weapon Master in Soul Calibur 2, very streamlined and with Edge Master as "teacher" (but not so big as the SC 2 Weapon Master version was)
I was thinking at first that it would be very nice to put it in Single player world map, but then I realized that newcommers would most lickly never find it then, because...it's just the way for newcommers...
So it would be best to put the "Weapon Master" mode in the Training menu and call it tutorial, so newcommers would find it, right at the start of the game.
As for the turtorial itself, what you have come up for now is a pretty good start, I will see more at it when I wake up :P

Edit:
Looking over it one more time, the few things I can think of is tag mechanics (2-5 vs 2-5) and mayby some single player mode info (unless that tutorial is pushed into the single player mode, not sure about this), otherwise it looks really good.

Soul Charging, I don't see the point of having that mechanic coming back with the addition of custom abilities (be/ce) that already does the same thing (unless you want the Soul Charging to do something else then it did in the previous games?).

Last edited:
Would any of the developer designed characters be available in any shape or form? It would really interesting if it were because it could be like a preview of new armors and stuff to come every other season or so in the form of DLC.

They would be CaS that the player could design as well. As always, I would add some unique equipment, but I want find some new innovative ways to improve creation mode. I want to introduce arena and weapon creation as well.

For weapon creation, I would want players to able to create their own weapons. While pre-made weapons will still exist, players would be able create custom weapons using parts such as blades, hilts, shields, pole tips, etc.

I'm always one for new modes, do you think there could be one where multiple players can take on one special overpowered boss (changes by season maybe) in a tag-team or line-up style?

I've actually thought about something like that. I've imagined Soul Calibur crossing over with Monster Hunter. I've imagine the many weapon classes of that series becoming playable fighters in Soul Calibur as well as modes where players team up to face some of the various monsters the series has to offer.

I don't know about Heihachi Mishima from Tekken as a guest character though only because we've seen him before. How about Kunimitsu from Tekken with a style somewhere between Yoshimitsu and Natsu? I know she's not as popular, nor is she exactly a marquee name, but I think she could bring something new and/or interesting to the mix.

Series have their Ensemble Darkhorses, don't they? I'd want an iconic face to represent the Tekken series. If we shouldn't use Heihachi again, maybe we could use Marshall Law and/or Paul Phoenix.

Scorpion would be an amazing fit from a gameplay and storyline perspective, but we've also seen him in a lot of stuff as well, how about Kenshi instead? How do you feel about a character from Persona? It doesn't have to be human character per se either ?

Again, an Ensemble Darkhorse who wouldn't have as much marque value as someone who is considered the face of the series.

I haven't touched Persona, and thus have no opinion on it.

Kinda like this?

Single Player Mode

-You can get armor, weapons, stickers, titles, effects, brave edges, critical edges, gold, potions and relics by fighting in adventure mode

-Could also have Story stages, like the story setup in Soul Calibur V...?

sc6adventuremap-jpg.144146

-When you first start in Adventure mode, you choose in wich continent you want too have your main base (europe, asia, africa e.t.c)
-There are several interactions you can do with the main base, like sparring, shopping, structure upgrading and maintaining your characters.

-You can upgrade your main base in several ways:

-Chambers (10 upgrades, upgrades the capasity of characters you can have in adventure mode (first upgrade is free(each upgrade make 10 character slots, max 100?)
-Castle Defenses (10 upgrades, upgrades for helping against Invasions, like guards and castle defenses (each upgrades makes invaders start with reduced % health points in battle, max 50% reduced health)
-Exploration Library (10 upgrades, each upgrade improves the land & sea movement on world map (max 100% increase land and sea movement)
-Battle Academy (10 upgrades, each upgrade gives character more experience in battle (max +100% experience bonus)
-Building Quarters (10 upgrades, each upgrade decreases upgrade cost, main base moving and small base making cost (max 50% reduced cost)
-Production Guild (10 upgrades, each upgrades increases profit from all bases you own (max +100% increase)
-Trade Market (10 upgrades, each upgrade decreases buying price and improving selling prices (max +50% trade rate)
-Medical Clinic (10 upgrades, each upgrade improves your chanses at survival (max +50% hp refill after each battle)
-Meditation Center (10 upgrades, each upgrade fills more of your power meter at battle start (max 50% filled power meter)
-Thief Hangout (10 upgrades, each upgrade improves gold loot/reward (max 50% gold increase)

-First upgrade cost 10000 gold, every upgrade cost 10000 more, making the last upgrade cost 100000 gold (can be reduced with building quarters upgrade).

-Can buy overpriced armor pieces/weapons/potions/relics/brave edges/critical edges/stickers/effects at the shop (better prices for trading if you buy Trade Market upgrades).
-You can get every armor piece/ weapon/brave edges/critical edges/stikcers/effects without buying any of it, but then you have too either, clear every adventure stage or play ALOT of Online vs players.
-Can sell potions and relics.
-Every base gets 2500 gold after each 50 enemy opponent defeated (max 2000 gold if production guild upgrade is maxed).

-As the game goes on and new stages appear far from you start loaction, you can travel and expand with new bases (small ones, can only have 1 main base).
-Small bases cost 10000 gold to make).
-Small bases can only upgrade their defenses, but the defenses can be maxed out (10 upgrades)
-Small bases can also be razed to nothing, if the defending characters loses.
-Can locate the main base too a another place in the world, but that cost alot of gold (100000 gold?).
-Can make small bases all over the world (prelocated places).

-You can travel outside base for free, but if you want to travel a longer amount, you have to pay for travel cost
-Small trip is a small distance on the map, cost nothing.
-Medium Trip is a medium distance on the world map, cost 1000 gold.
-Long Trip is a medium distance on the world map, cost 10000 gold

-If your party should still be in the world map when the travel resources is used up, then the party get home too the closest base automaticly, but you get penalty for that (party members will lose random amount of relics and potions).
-Travling on foot or with boat takes just as long time.

-If your party lose at a stage, they lose nothing (except on Dead Man's Bet, Guild Contest and Invasion stages), but your party can't start any stage (unless you have at least one Medical Labratorium upgrade).
You get full health by getting your party back at any base.

World stage setups:

-There are normally infinite time in adventure stages, except for some special stages.
-You have to clear 5 stages of the same type (you can clear the same stage for 5 times), before you get acces to different kinds of stages.

In order:
-Sparring stage is open at the very start at the main base.
-5 cleared Random Encounter stages opens all Random group encounter stages.
-5 cleared Group Encounter stages opens all Collusseum stages.
-5 cleared Colusseum stages opens all Conquest, Dead Man's Bet and Guild Contest stages.
-5 cleared Conquest stages opens all Army Challenge, Base Invasion and Home Base Invasion stages.
-5 cleared Army Challenge stages opens all Legion Encounter, Boss Challenge, and Conquest Challenge stages.

-World stages

-Sparring (1-5 npc/player vs 1-5 npc/player) Testing/training stage, No reward.

-Random Encounter (1 vs 1) Normal gold reward 2000 gold

-Group Encounter (1-5 vs 5 + 1 boss) Normal gold reward 5000 gold

-Colusseum (1 vs 10 random) Normal gold reward 8000 gold

-Conquest (1-5 vs army + 1 boss)(sc3 chronicles of the sword setup) Normal gold reward 10000 gold

-Army Challenge (1-5 vs 15 + 3 boss) Normal gold reward 10000 gold

-Legion Encounter(survival mode) (1-5 vs unlimited (5 + 1 boss over and over again, get's harder and harder with better and better rewards (more gold) if you lose in battle you lose all reward, you can quit after any boss fight with getting the rewards you have won (there are 6 Legion Encounter stages, each representing it's elemental).

-Dead Man's Bet (1 vs Random) (have to give gold to start stage) Lose the bet and lose gold or win bet and get dobbel amount of gold. (max bet: 10000 gold, when farther in the game, max 100000 gold)

-Boss Challenge (1-5 vs 1-5 buffed boss) Normal gold reward 5000-25000 gold

-Conquest Challenge (1-5 vs buffed army + 1-5 buffed boss)(sc3 chronicles of the sword setup) Normal gold reward 25000-45000 gold

-Online stage

-Guild Contest (1-5 vs 1-5 enemy online players) (have to give gold to start stage) Lose the bet and lose gold or win bet and get dobbel amount of gold, Guild Contest can only be acessed from the main base (max bet: 10000 gold, when farther in the game, max 100000 gold).

-Invasion stage

-If 1 off your bases is invaded, there is 25% chanse for main base being attacked and 75% chanse for on of the small bases being attacked.
-The invasion are of the characters from the closest army challenge stage.
-The bigger amount of gold you have, the stronger the invasion force will be.

-Base Invasion (everyone in the defending base vs 15 + 3 boss) If you lose, then the base is going to be razed and the losing party members will lose their relics and potions. Normal gold reward 10000 gold
-Home Base Invasion (everyone in the defending base vs 15 + 3 boss) If you lose, then the base is going to lose 20 random building upgrades (bedchambers are not touched), 50% of all your gold, random number of potions and relics. Normal gold reward 10000 Gold

-Each stage type gives different amount of gold if you win (random enconter gives little profit, but takes short time, while conquring gives big profit, but takes long time).

-Each stage has several difficulty modes
-Easy = 0.5x reward in gold
-Normal = 1x reward in gold
-Hard = 1,5x reward in gold
-Extreme = 2x reward in gold

-The first time you clear a stage you get money AND armor pieces/brave edges/critical edges/relics e.t.c
-After the first time you clear a stage, reward will always be gold.

-You can pick difficulty mode on almost every stage except these stages:
-Legion Encounter Stage(difficulty rises for each group defeated within the stage).
-Dead man's Bet Stage(always on extreme difficulty).
-Guild Contest Stage (always vs players).

Level up:

-Characters can level up in adventure mode .
-Max level cap is 100, each level needs more experience for next level.
-For each level up characters can choose their own atrribute to level up:

-Health (1% health regen)
-Power (1% power meter gain)
-Damage (+1% attack)
-Defense (+1% defense)

Armor:

-Different armor piece gives different bonus:
-No piece = 5% health regen
-Cloth piece = 5% power meter gain
-Leather = 5% attack
-Metal = 5% defense

-Several armor pieces of the same type gives set bonus:
-6 no piece: +25% health regained at battle start
-6 metal: +5% absorbed damage chanse (+50% absorbed damage)
-6 leather: +5% critical hit strike chanse (+50% more damage)
-6 cloth: +25% power meter at battle start.

Relics:

-Relics add different bonus such as attributes and abilities.
-Some of the relics have abilities (more exp/gold after battle victory, critical hit chanse, absorbed damage chanse, group health/power meter slow restoring, longer travel distance e.t.c).
-Each character can use max 3 relics at the same time.

-Common Relic gives small atrribute bonus, cost 1000 gold
-Rare Relic gives medium atrribute bonus or ability, cost 10000 gold
-Epic Relic gives high atrribute bonus or small atrribute bonus and ability, cost 100000 gold
-Legendary Relic gives huge atrribute bonus/medium attribute bonus and ability or 2 abilities, cost 1000000 gold

Potions:

-Can be used 1 time per character in battle, are used with L3 button.
-Each character can only hold 1 potion at a battle (can only equip them potions right before stage start).
-All potion effects last for 30 seconds (except recover potions).

-Damage Potion gives small damage bonus, cost 1000 gold.
-Defense Potion gives small defense bonus, cost 1000 gold.
-Power Potion gives small power bonus, cost 1000 gold.
-Regen Potion gives small regen bonus, cost 1000 gold.
-Energy Potion gives 25% power meter recover, cost 1000 gold.
-Health Potion gives 25% health recover, cost 1000 gold.
-Super Damage Potion gives medium damage bonus, cost 10000 gold.
-Super Defense Potion gives medium defense bonus, cost 10000 gold.
-Super Power Potion gives medium power bonus, cost 10000 gold.
-Super Regen Potion gives medium regen bonus, cost 10000 gold.
-Super Health Potion gives 50% health recover, cost 10000 gold.
-Super Energy Potion gives 50% power meter recover, cost 10000 gold.
-Damage Elexir Potion gives high damage bonus + full health recover + full power meter recover, cost 100000 gold
-Defense Elexir Potion gives high defense bonus + full health recover + full power meter recover, cost 100000 gold
-Power Elexir Potion gives high power bonus + full health recover + full power meter recover, cost 100000 gold
-Regen Elexir Potion gives high regen bonus + full health recover + full power meter recover, cost 100000 gold

Last edited:
Kinda like this?

Single Player Mode

-You can get armor, weapons, stickers, titles, effects, brave edges, critical edges, gold, potions and relics by fighting in adventure mode

-Could also have Story stages, like the story setup in Soul Calibur V...?

sc6adventuremap-jpg.144146

-When you first start in Adventure mode, you choose in wich continent you want too have your main base (europe, asia, africa e.t.c)
-There are several interactions you can do with the main base, like sparring, shopping, structure upgrading and maintaining your characters.

-You can upgrade your main base in several ways:

-Chambers (10 upgrades, upgrades the capasity of characters you can have in adventure mode (first upgrade is free(each upgrade make 10 character slots, max 100?)
-Castle Defenses (10 upgrades, upgrades for helping against Invasions, like guards and castle defenses (each upgrades makes invaders start with reduced % health points in battle, max 50% reduced health)
-Exploration Library (10 upgrades, each upgrade improves the land & sea movement on world map (max 100% increase land and sea movement)
-Battle Academy (10 upgrades, each upgrade gives character more experience in battle (max +100% experience bonus)
-Building Quarters (10 upgrades, each upgrade decreases upgrade cost, main base moving and small base making cost (max 50% reduced cost)
-Production Guild (10 upgrades, each upgrades increases profit from all bases you own (max +100% increase)
-Trade Market (10 upgrades, each upgrade decreases buying price and improving selling prices (max +50% trade rate)
-Medical Labratorium (10 upgrades, each upgrade improves your chanses at survival (max +50% hp refill after each battle)
-Energy Conflux (10 upgrades, each upgrade fills more of your power meter at battle start (max 50% filled power meter)
-Thief Hangout (10 upgrades, each upgrade improves gold loot/reward (max 50% gold increase)

-First upgrade cost 10000 gold, every upgrade cost 10000 more, making the last upgrade cost 100000 gold (can be reduced with building quarters upgrade).

-Can buy overpriced armor pieces/weapons/potions/relics/brave edges/critical edges/stickers/effects at the shop (better prices for trading if you buy Trade Market upgrades).
-You can get every armor piece/ weapon/brave edges/critical edges/stikcers/effects without buying any of it, but then you have too either, clear every adventure stage or play ALOT of Online vs players.
-Can sell potions and relics.
-Every base gets 2500 gold after each 50 enemy opponent defeated (max 2000 gold if production guild upgrade is maxed).

-As the game goes on and new stages appear far from you start loaction, you can travel and expand with new bases (small ones, can only have 1 main base).
-Small bases cost 10000 gold to make).
-Small bases can only upgrade their defenses, but the defenses can be maxed out (10 upgrades)
-Small bases can also be razed to nothing, if the defending characters loses.
-Can locate the main base too a another place in the world, but that cost alot of gold (100000 gold?).
-Can make small bases all over the world (prelocated places).

-You can travel outside base for free, but if you want to travel a longer amount, you have to pay for travel cost
-Small trip is a small distance on the map, cost nothing.
-Medium Trip is a medium distance on the world map, cost 1000 gold.
-Long Trip is a medium distance on the world map, cost 10000 gold

-If your party should still be in the world map when the travel resources is used up, then the party get home too the closest base automaticly, but you get penalty for that (party members will lose random amount of relics and potions).
-Travling on foot or with boat takes just as long time.

-If your party lose at a stage, they lose nothing (except on Dead Man's Bet, Guild Contest and Invasion stages), but your party can't start any stage (unless you have at least one Medical Labratorium upgrade).
You get full health by getting your party back at any base.

World stage setups:

-There are normally infinite time in adventure stages, except for some special stages.
-You have to clear 5 stages of the same type (you can clear the same stage for 5 times), before you get acces to different kinds of stages.

In order:
-Sparring stage is open at the very start at the main base.
-5 cleared Random Encounter stages opens all Random group encounter stages.
-5 cleared Group Encounter stages opens all Collusseum stages.
-5 cleared Colusseum stages opens all Conquest, Dead Man's Bet and Guild Contest stages.
-5 cleared Conquest stages opens all Army Challenge, Base Invasion and Home Base Invasion stages.
-5 cleared Army Challenge stages opens all Legion Encounter, Boss Challenge, and Conquest Challenge stages.

-World stages

-Sparring (1-5 npc/player vs 1-5 npc/player) Testing/training stage, No reward.

-Random Encounter (1 vs 1) (best of 2 rounds) Normal gold reward 1000 gold

-Group Encounter (1-5 vs 5 + 1 boss) Normal gold reward 3000 gold

-Colusseum (1 vs 10 random) Normal gold reward 5000 gold

-Conquest (1-5 vs army + 1 boss)(sc3 chronicles of the sword setup) Normal gold reward 5000 gold

-Army Challenge (1-5 vs 15 + 3 boss) Normal gold reward 10000 gold

-Legion Encounter(survival mode) (1-5 vs unlimited (5 + 1 boss over and over again, get's harder and harder with better and better rewards (more gold) if you lose in battle you lose all reward, you can quit after any boss fight with getting the rewards you have won (there are 6 Legion Encounter stages, each representing it's elemental).

-Dead Man's Bet (1 vs Random) (have to give gold to start stage) Lose the bet and lose gold or win bet and get dobbel amount of gold. (max bet: 10000 gold, when farther in the game, max 100000 gold)

-Boss Challenge (1-5 vs 1-5 buffed boss) Normal gold reward 5000-25000 gold

-Conquest Challenge (1-5 vs buffed army + 1-5 buffed boss)(sc3 chronicles of the sword setup) Normal gold reward 25000-45000 gold

-Online stage

-Guild Contest (1-5 vs 1-5 enemy online players) (have to give gold to start stage) Lose the bet and lose gold or win bet and get dobbel amount of gold, Guild Contest can only be acessed from the main base (max bet: 10000 gold, when farther in the game, max 100000 gold).

-Invasion stage

-If 1 off your bases is invaded, there is 25% chanse for main base being attacked and 75% chanse for on of the small bases being attacked.
-The invasion are of the characters from the closest army challenge stage.
-The bigger amount of gold you have, the stronger the invasion force will be.

-Base Invasion (everyone in the defending base vs 15 + 3 boss) If you lose, then the base is going to be razed and the losing party members will lose their relics and potions. Normal gold reward 10000 gold
-Home Base Invasion (everyone in the defending base vs 15 + 3 boss) If you lose, then the base is going to lose 20 random building upgrades (bedchambers are not touched), 50% of all your gold, random number of potions and relics. Normal gold reward 10000 Gold

-Each stage type gives different amount of gold if you win (random enconter gives little profit, but takes short time, while conquring gives big profit, but takes long time).

-Each stage has several difficulty modes
-Easy = 0.5x reward in gold
-Normal = 1x reward in gold
-Hard = 1,5x reward in gold
-Extreme = 2x reward in gold

-The first time you clear a stage you get money AND armor pieces/brave edges/critical edges/relics e.t.c
-After the first time you clear a stage, reward will always be gold.

-You can pick difficulty mode on almost every stage except these stages:
-Legion Encounter Stage(difficulty rises for each group defeated within the stage).
-Dead man's Bet Stage(always on extreme difficulty).
-Guild Contest Stage (always vs players).

Level up:

-Characters can level up in adventure mode .
-Max level cap is 100, each level needs more experience for next level.
-For each level up characters can choose their own atrribute to level up:

-Health (1% health regen)
-Power (1% power meter gain)
-Damage (+1% attack)
-Defense (+1% defense)

Armor:

-Different armor piece gives different bonus:

-No piece = 5% health regen
-Cloth piece = 5% power meter gain
-Leather = 5% attack
-Metal = 5% defense

Relics:

-Relics add different bonus such as attributes and abilities.
-Some of the relics have abilities (more exp/gold after battle victory, critical hit chanse, group health/power meter slow restoring, longer travel distance e.t.c).
-Each character can use max 3 relics at the same time.

-Common Relic gives small atrribute bonus, cost 1000 gold
-Rare Relic gives medium atrribute bonus or ability, cost 10000 gold
-Epic Relic gives high atrribute bonus or small atrribute bonus and ability, cost 100000 gold
-Legendary Relic gives huge atrribute bonus/medium attribute bonus and ability or 2 abilities, cost 1000000 gold

Potions:

-Can be used 1 time per character in battle, are used with L3 button.
-Each character can only hold 1 potion at a battle (can only equip them potions right before stage start).
-All potion effects last for 30 seconds (except recover potions).

-Damage Potion gives small damage bonus, cost 1000 gold.
-Defense Potion gives small defense bonus, cost 1000 gold.
-Power Potion gives small power bonus, cost 1000 gold.
-Regen Potion gives small regen bonus, cost 1000 gold.
-Energy Potion gives 25% power meter recover, cost 1000 gold.
-Health Potion gives 25% health recover, cost 1000 gold.
-Super Damage Potion gives medium damage bonus, cost 10000 gold.
-Super Defense Potion gives medium defense bonus, cost 10000 gold.
-Super Power Potion gives medium power bonus, cost 10000 gold.
-Super Regen Potion gives medium regen bonus, cost 10000 gold.
-Super Health Potion gives 50% health recover, cost 10000 gold.
-Super Energy Potion gives 50% power meter recover, cost 10000 gold.
-Damage Elexir Potion gives high damage bonus + full health recover + full power meter recover, cost 100000 gold
-Defense Elexir Potion gives high defense bonus + full health recover + full power meter recover, cost 100000 gold
-Power Elexir Potion gives high power bonus + full health recover + full power meter recover, cost 100000 gold
-Regen Elexir Potion gives high regen bonus + full health recover + full power meter recover, cost 100000 gold
I had like a challenge mode type of thing, but you seem to have to put a lot of thought into this.

I had like a challenge mode type of thing, but you seem to have to put a lot of thought into this.

Yes indeed, I disliked the single player mode for SCIV and there was almost no singel player modes for SCV(except the ...story.. :S), so I was thinking...mayby SCVI should have a singel player mode that actuallly makes you invest time in the characters you play with and how you interact with the world (a world map in this case).

And with the things I made for this version, the lasting power of this mode is going be...well...insane. :D

I think I started this "brainstorming" some time after SCV had been out some months, and it's been back and forth with ideas trough the years...something like that.
I got inspiration from SC3 Chronicles of The Sword mode, Heroes of Might and Magic, Super Smash Bros 4 and a tad of Elder Scrolls.

Last edited:
Some new mechanics in mind...

Remember that you can break throws by pressing the button your opponent used in combination with :G:? How about being able to reverse throws by pressing :G: in combination the button you used to break?

I'm open to bringing back previous guest characters' fighting styles in form of brand new characters. Take Darth Vader for example, from a visual standpoint he's a complete black sheep among the roster, but if we're strictly talking about gameplay, he fit just fine. So, in a future game, how about they make a character that has a similar moveset to Vader, but is completely original? They could create a character that's powered by Soul Edge, which gives him special powers in place of the Force. This would work, and it would give us character that isn't bound by real life legal restrictions.

Weapon Creation is a bad idea due to hitboxes and obvious dildos.

I understand your reasoning for the first part, but it wouldn't be too difficult to provide several options within certain constraints. Most optional weapons already don't line up perfectly with their hitboxes; it'd just be a bit of visual flair.

As for the second part... I don't understand. Isn't that the ultimate purpose?

I understand your reasoning for the first part, but it wouldn't be too difficult to provide several options within certain constraints. Most optional weapons already don't line up perfectly with their hitboxes; it'd just be a bit of visual flair.

As for the second part... I don't understand. Isn't that the ultimate purpose?
People already do that in CaS. Haven't you seen the tutorials?

Back