Lizzy Vids

ShaggySmoker

[08] Mercenary
EDIT: *added DI's vids to the top since he started this thread on caliburforum. Can a moderator take ownership of this thread from me, please?*

DI's vids from caliburforum:

Shaggy's vids:

(Sorry for the quality. I lost my xfer cable for my camera so I had to use what I could find. I usually record in SD with a dazzle for much better quality. Hopefully the intoxicated dialogue between me and my brother will make up for it.)

A friend reminded me the other day that I can delay the B in 66B+K, A, B, giving some great mindgame and mixup options. I think the most I do with mixup for that move in these vids is grabbing after the first 1-2 hits. (edit: wait, no I don't)

66B+K,A,B hits m,h,m and a good player will duck the 2nd hit.

Yup. I shouldn't have even mentioned it since I looked through the vids and didn't see me using it except after stunning (which my bro is still learning to shake out of). I probably mentioned it because I figured someone would point out its disparity in my play. I'm trying to remind myself that I need to use it more often for its soul gauge damage on 1st hit blocked and two chances to start a combo if 1st hit CH or 3rd hit just lands flat out. I think I could make use of it more with that 3rd hit delayed even if the string is unsafe (not for staple damage, just for mixup and something fresh when I have them on the ropes or I think I can get away with it). Do you not use the move at all because of what you brought up? What's the best option for someone that just ducked Liz's second hit of that string?

Of course, a better practice partner would help me figure out what's hot and what's not myself, but I have to make due with what I have; a brother who's a good sport, a glutton for punishment, and an eager learner. And you guys. Keep the input coming :D

BTW, if you're the Di I'm thinking of, I've been watching your movies for years. Good shit :)

BTW, if you're the Di I'm thinking of, I've been watching your movies for years. Good shit :)
Yes, it's me. Thanks, I feel blushed... :)

Oh, BTW, I've recently stopped playing Lizardman so I won't be able to comment your fights properly. I'm looking forward to playing Voldo but first I must write FAQs for Cassie and Xian for a Polish magazine. I'll most probably be writing one for Lizardman too but not soon.

Yes, it's me. Thanks, I feel blushed... :)

Oh, BTW, I've recently stopped playing Lizardman so I won't be able to comment your fights properly. I'm looking forward to playing Voldo but first I must write FAQs for Cassie and Xian for a Polish magazine. I'll most probably be writing one for Lizardman too but not soon.

Np. Good luck and have fun with the other characters :)

Does this thread need to be moved to the "Game Video Distribution" or is it alright here?

its specifically for lizzy, so i think its good here. hopefully more people will add their vids to make this thread better too.

Thanks for the Lizzy vids. I've been playing him for some time now, and it's great to see other strats being used with him. After watching the vids, I feel like I wanna go play.

Thanks for the Lizzy vids. I've been playing him for some time now, and it's great to see other strats being used with him. After watching the vids, I feel like I wanna go play.

Glad to see people are enjoying the vids. I've learned so much in the past few days since I offered my vids up to scrutiny that I can't wait to record some better ones and show off some of Lizz's staple moves I didn't use in those vids because I didn't realize how strong they were. I also can't wait to see what you other Lizzy players can do :)

Some notes and things I've learned since recording these vids:

Thanks to Di and someone else on caliburforum, I realize that 66B+K, A, B, with or without that delay, has some serious issues. I went to training to see counters for the string...I found out you can duck the second high and get a side/back throw (OUCH) depending on which way Liz is facing before he even gets to the third hit. I taught it to my brother/practice partner in a few minutes and we both said "holy crap". The throw's timing is strict if Liz doesn't delay his third hit (otherwise it's even easier), so if throwing is too unreliable for you, you could even just duck the second swing then get a free crouching CH on them. I haven't tested yet to see if the initial 66B+K is safe on block or not. I hope it is since it's still a nice move by itself to whittle down their guage, and on CH makes the other two hits guaranteed. I'll test this later unless one of you wants to save me some time...

I've been messing around and trying to incorporate some other moves into my play more. Hopefully by the end of this weekend I'll have some higher-quality matches uploaded with me using what I've found for your consideration and feedback.

P.S. This thread needs more of your fellas' Lizzy vids IMO

Alright Lizardmen, I need help to improve my Lizardman.

I lost the last fight because 1[K] LC A did not combo! WTF Namco!

Anyways, tell me what you guys think. What do i do that you like and what do i do that you don't like? What don't i do that i should?
I need help to beat jimmy.

here is another video of me and syxx

im only gonna say so much since im no master...(and i only watched your first vid =P)
-deffinitly put in 4B+K_[B+K] and 8B+K_[B+K] into your game. youll see huge improvements. theyre great for pressure and other good shtuff. also, youll find that 66k is a good move
-try not to force the throw. i saw you miss a lot of those
-theyre casual matches, so deffinitly try and be a little more "chancey" and test out the flexibility of lizzy. i mainly see you only using pokes. try moves like B+K, A+K, 11B, 1K, 2B K, etc....using pokes are good(try using 3k too), but not all the time since your opponent will get used to your playstyle very fast.among other reasons
-try and use mix-ups, even if they are basic. you used moves like BB a lot, so, for example, you could just press B, and then throw in a low attack to keep him guessing. also think about stuff like that instead of always doing 44[K]. things like that.
-WS K,K,K_WS K,K,2,1,4B+G is your friend =P

The matches between me and jimmy are actually grand finals of a tournament, not casuals. The matches between me and syxx are losers finals.

I will consider what you have said though.

Firstly, great Lizzy and great performance at the tourney. I'm almost embarassed to have my casuals on the same page as your awesome vids (I really need to record again now that I've learned some more). Below are my notes that I kept as I was watching your Xiang videos. I hope they're relevant and helpful (or at least controversial or newbish so we can get some more discussion going on here). You've got an ace Liz so it's hard for me to find faults but I tried my best.

Random throws alot (and no 214 B+G)?

Quake stun...more. I'm still trying to find more ways to use this move myself. I just found out today that the act of charging this move makes highs and grabs whiff against Lizardman...very confusing for your opponent since, in this instance, the attacks go right through his friggin head as he charges it. Lots of "WTFUXOR" will ensue.

3B...more. Unsafe but tracks, hits her when she starts crouching/poking in your face, and sets you up for a combo.

More LC mixup. I wouldn't say you should remain in the stance when you go into it but after hitting her a few times in it you could G to cancel LC (an action usually transparent to your opponent since Liz starts rising so slow after the cancel) and go for a safe WR or grab. Most of the time when I've knocked them down, away, or see alot of highs I'll tell myself "it's crawl time" and pursue them. Stay up their asshole with it until you don't think you can get another hit with LC. Whenver you went into LC it was like free damage against her until you left the stance or she knocked you out of it (usually with a move easily blocked with LC A+B).

Against crouching/short characters 1B is very nice (especially when they start poking). So is 3B.

After returning a GI with a GI (something I don't recommend doing so often against a good player like that Xiang), go for the throw or a 3B or 44[K] instead of a poke. 3B is tricky to GI (or see coming), tracks, and sets up a combo. 44[K] is tricky (telegraphed as a low, hits as a mid, also tracks a bit) to GI and has evasive properties (tucks his head back, causing some mids/highs to whiff if timed wrong). Both attacks give you great options if they land.

Remember that you can LC A+B to block an attack even if they're behind you. Lows (not special lows) and kicks beat this move out but she didn't use those the majority of the time to knock you out of LC.

You could've punished her more with 6B. It's got godmode speed/range ratio on it but can leave you vulnerable if you miss. It's worth it if you've just blocked and want your free poke and to range them a bit (knocks down on hit, too, unlike BB, setting you up for 236~LC or 1[K]~LC tech traps/LC mixup).

Your poke game is sick. It might be sicker if you threw in 3K (safe AFAIK, fast, keeps you at optimal grab range) and 4B because with the CH stun you can set yourself up for 44K for great damage (assuming they're straight and their head lands in front of you) or 44[K]~LC A to get guaranteed damage regardless of head position (this also puts you into LC for more mixup). it's also fast and is good damage against their soul gauge. Speaking of soul gauge wrecking and poking, 4A is great for that if you set them up to block high...otherwise you get ducked and owned.

You get +frames from 88_22B, B+K, and A+K which allows you to land another poke (and frame trap) or increase your chances of your 66A beating out their move. I just tested B+K against Xiang and I don't see the usual hit box issues whether she's blocking or neutral, so it looks like a good bet. It also stuns (recoverable). 88_22B is a high, slower, and very telegraphed so I don't think it's a great move against someone like X...or A+K for the same reason. You probably already knew this but with those Grit Draft and throw attempts I figured this might be worth mentioning.
Again, AWESOME vids. It was a pleasure to watch you fight :)

Alright, noob question here, but...

What exactly is 8B+K used for? What is good about a quake stun? When should I use it?

It can force your opponent to block so you can cancel the charge up of the quake stun early and follow up with a throw/CH/etc.

here's some sad attempts of me trying to be pro:

getting scraped:

Pantocrator Vs Sakon : 5 - 2
Pantocrator VS Sakon Partie 1 :
Pantocrator VS Sakon Partie 2 :

Gohan vs Sakon : 4 - 5
Gohan VS Sakon Partie 1 :
Gohan VS Sakon Partie 2 :

Sakon VS Pantocrator:
Pantocrator VS Sakon :
Freacky VS Sakon :

Back