[Louisiana] alligators, hurricanes, and POPEYES CHICKEN!!!1!

Congrats to Jon! Thanks for the NM pointers too man (even if I did end up only pot monstering the event haha). For those of you that are in LA but not necessarily close to the south, join the Shreveport group on facebook. We'll be having events coming up shortly, most likely.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/shreveportfgc/

Nick lives in the middle of town and I live more towards UL. Everyone is welcome to come and play at my place if its the most convenient and I don't think Nick would have a problem having it at his place, either. I'm free on the weekends and 8-5pm on the weekdays, if I'm not out of town for work. I think I mentioned Nick's schedule in a previous post.

Ben, I'm going play at EGL on Thursday. You interested?

ggs to everybody in SC5 at BFTS! Sorry if my commentary was a little too much, I think I was running off of one hour of sleep. :( But I learned a lot! It was nice meeting everybody!

Aye sup everyone. just joining the forums here for the 1st time. had a blast at BFTS. ran into some old faces from my SC3 days. learn alot about tournment play. GGs to Stone and David. I"m glad i didnt put out my no name scrubs.

Ben, I'm going play at EGL on Thursday. You interested?

Ah, crap. I guess I should be on a boards a little more. You told me about this when we met up the other for the tourny-I-mean-friendlies as Play N Trade. Do you normally go every Thursday? I'd be down if you want to make it a weekly thing. I think Nick's schedule just changed, so I'm sure he'd attend, too.

Oh, and congrats on the tourny win, Johnny! Hopefully we'll get to play each other again sometime soon. Do you have SCV for PS3 or 360? I can Soul Link all you fools so we can hash it out.

Hi. Im new to the forums here, hailing from Lake Charles, La. AFAIK , there is not much of a Soul Calibur scene around here anymore. I'm just coming back to the series from SC2, looking to possibly hit up the tournament scene if I can sharpen up my skills a bit. If anyone is down for some games , hit me up on PSN .. my u/n is : Bloodmoonzero . Im also up for a little driving for some offline matches as well. Theres a chance I'll be in the NoLa area March 17-18 for the Buku Music Project. If anyone is down for some matches while im in town, drop me a line and i'll drag my arcade stick with me. Anyways, its great to see at least some activity happening in Louisiana ... looking forward to some comp.

Hi. Im new to the forums here, hailing from Lake Charles, La. AFAIK , there is not much of a Soul Calibur scene around here anymore. I'm just coming back to the series from SC2, looking to possibly hit up the tournament scene if I can sharpen up my skills a bit. If anyone is down for some games , hit me up on PSN .. my u/n is : Bloodmoonzero . Im also up for a little driving for some offline matches as well. Theres a chance I'll be in the NoLa area March 17-18 for the Buku Music Project. If anyone is down for some matches while im in town, drop me a line and i'll drag my arcade stick with me. Anyways, its great to see at least some activity happening in Louisiana ... looking forward to some comp.

Hey and welcome back to SC scene!

I can really only speak for the Lafayette crew, but I know there are at least 4 of us here that play. We don't have a particular day that we meet, but I'm sure we'll eventually get something together. I'm actually in Houston right now and their scene really isn't that bad. I went to SCV tourney last night with a 15 person turnout, which isn't to bad on a Wednesday night. I pass through Lake Charles on my way to and from Houston (which is normally a Sunday on the way and Friday on the way back), so maybe we can set something up then. Otherwise, if you're passing through town I wouldn't mind holding some play a my place. Just let us know here on the boards and I'll see what I can do.

Was that the Planet Zero weeklies tourney you were talking about? I'm tempted to drive out there next Wednesday to go check it out. Just let me know a day or so ahead of time when your passing through to Houston and have time for some matches. I should be able to get a little setup going .. there's not too many people local that play that I know of. Anytime, y'all set anything up in Laffy, just drop me a line and I can most likely make it .. Its not much of a drive and I do have another player I can get to come along as well.

Yeah, Planet Zero weeklies is what I attended last week and plan to attend this week, as well.

As far as Lafayette goes, it seems like there are weekly casuals at Electronic Gaming Lounge (EGL) on Thursdays. I don't really know what the turn outs look like since I believe it's only the second week of it's announcement, but I plan on playing there every Thursday. Hope you can make it out for either of them. I'll be there.

Congrats to Jon! Thanks for the NM pointers too man (even if I did end up only pot monstering the event haha). For those of you that are in LA but not necessarily close to the south, join the Shreveport group on facebook. We'll be having events coming up shortly, most likely.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/shreveportfgc/

Hey no problem man. I hope you stick with him. If you ever get access to someone with Xbox Live we should get some games in.

ggs to everybody in SC5 at BFTS! Sorry if my commentary was a little too much, I think I was running off of one hour of sleep. :( But I learned a lot! It was nice meeting everybody!

You were the Mitsu player right? We never got a chance to play. If you're in Baton Rouge we should get some casuals going. Let me know if you ever wanna spar.

Oh, and congrats on the tourny win, Johnny! Hopefully we'll get to play each other again sometime soon. Do you have SCV for PS3 or 360? I can Soul Link all you fools so we can hash it out.

Thanks dude. I game on the 360. My gamertag is HeeeeresJonny86.

I figure I may as well post these. Only the semifinals actually got streamed but some matches are better than no matches right?

Winner's finals: HeeeeresJonny vs Stanman

Loser's semis: XSniper vs Stone

Loser's finals: Stanman vs Stone

Grand finals: HeeeeresJonny86 vs Stanman

DOUBLE POST FTW

Thought I'd let everyone here know they're starting up the Gameware Monthlies again in Baton rouge. The next event is on March 16.

Here's the details.

3151 College Dr, Baton Rouge, LA 70808
(225) 927-9411
(location pending; gameware is relocating to a new building also on College Drive across the street from walmart. I'll edit the address as soon as I know it)

Time: Friday, March 16,2012
6:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.

Console: Xbox 360
(bring converters, controllers, sticks etc)

SCV Tournament Rules:
- No CAS
- Tournament matches are best 2 of 3
- Finals are best 3 of 5
- matches are set to 3 rounds w/ a 60 second time limit.
- Button remapping is allowed but only before matches/between rounds
- stage select is random for first match; loser can opt for stage change which will also be random.
- winner character lock for duration of set.
- No programmable/turbo controllers.

Entry fee: $5 (w/ $1 venue fee)
The pot will be split 60/30/10 between the top three players.

There will also be tournaments in the following games:
- Street Fighter x Tekken (360)
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (360)
- Pokemon Stadium 2 (N64) (really?)

...as well as casual setups for a number of other games. Feel free to bring setups for other games. As long as there's room, you can play whatever you want.

Anyone interested should join this facebook group.
http://www.facebook.com/events/339373509437222/

@VincentVaBro Good games last night at EGL. I was surprised to see so many people playing SC5. I hope we can keep it going every Thursday. I'll try to talk Jason into going next time.

@Lake Charles players: Good games, dudes. I didn't realize you guys were from out of town. I was the Pyrrah/Maxi player. I hope you guys can make it back to Lafayette next Thursday.

Maybe we could run a tournament along with the casuals

Aye, Good games indeed. I was the Ivy player from LC. We are most definitely gonna try our best to make it out there for next week. Might bring another player as well depending on work schedules. A tourney alongside the casuals sounds cool.

My bro and I are looking for players in the Cenla region. Seems like all the action is south bound of the Alexandria/Pineville area. Its hard to get down there for some action during the week when you work full time mon-fri.

We picked Thursday randomly, no real reason. We could always switch to a Saturday or something if it's more convenient for everyone. EGL also stays open until 2 a.m. on weekends.

do they have a website? whats the address?

http://www.facebook.com/ElectronicGamingLounge - Most of their information can be found there.

It was good playing with everyone at EGL and nice to see some SC support through all of the MvC/SF community. I'm open on any day to play at EGL, as long as I'm in town. I wouldn't mind switching to the weekend if it works better for everyone. It's rare that I'm out of town for the weekend.

I may just be complaining cause I'm good at it (complaining, I mean), but did anyone else notice the LED lag on the TVs there? It was hard to get some of JF stuff and felt my GI's coming out a little late. It could be just me, though.

I would be more likely to make a trip down there once or twice a month if its on weekends (possibly bring a few players) but dont go changing everything just for me.

is it just me or all of you are crazy? SC5 is crap as it is 4 and i have been playing SC for 11 years since DreamCast i didnt play Soul Edge because i didnt like it, anyway wtf happened to Setsuka? she is 1 of my best fighters, i stopped playing cause i ran out of opponents, and then SC4 came out and i almost puke. If someone is up for match in Harvey, LA give me a call, in a 10 fights match i can give 5 as head start, the first to reach 10 wins. :) (SC3 please the other 2 are crap)

the comment here expressed does not represent Namco or its affiliate bla bla bla. Just my personal opinion.

Back