Mad Catz MLG Pro Circuit Controller

Malice

Super Moderator
I've been hearing some good things about the controller. I'm definitely looking for a new pad to use for the X360 since I can't use their standard controller for fighting games. I started using a PS2 to 360 converter and I could not use it in a tournament environment, so it's pretty much useless to me.

The PS3 version is definitely worth checking out for those who mainly play on X360 but need a good controller to compete in the tournaments that are on PS3. Also, for those planning on competing at EVO and don't use a stick, it's definitely worth looking into since Wireless DualShock controllers are banned, so you have from now until July to plan accordingly.

Here's some info below for those who may be interested. It's in stock at Amazon.com.

PS3: Amazon Link
X360: Amazon Link

I'll go ahead and grab one next week, after I return this dumbass school book.

Help me out with how those work.

I read/heard/whatever somewhere that when you swap out the "Pro Modules" the controller assigns it to some function depending on where you put it on the controller.

So if I snapped together a 360 MLG controller in DualShock configuration (sxs thumbies).... it would just do the inputs of the d-pad, right? :(
Can they be reassigned?

As a Cervy player my concern is the placement of the shoulder button and trigger button. With the way they are positioned, I can't really do Cervy's FC A+B:BBB.

Unless NamcoBandai actually makes the right analogue function as an attack with either 8_2 or 4_6 or all sides assigned as B I may consider but with the price holding me back.

I plan on picking one of these up when the reviews come in. I've been hyped about many pads and none have impressed me and I just don't wanna drop $100 till I get to test one. But, really I think this one will the THE PAD to get. I might be tempted to use it for SC over my stick.

The controller feels really good, at this point I plan to use the ps3 style dpad until they release a floating dpad more like the Saturn or 360. The ps3 dpad feels infinitely better than the piece of crap that is attached to the dual shock. I have 100% faith in Markman when it comes to a floating style dpad in the future.

If anyone has questions about these, let me know.

Help me out with how those work.

I read/heard/whatever somewhere that when you swap out the "Pro Modules" the controller assigns it to some function depending on where you put it on the controller.

So if I snapped together a 360 MLG controller in DualShock configuration (sxs thumbies).... it would just do the inputs of the d-pad, right? :(
Can they be reassigned?

No, it changes on the fly.

If you put a D-Pad ProModule in, it will act as a D-Pad. Same with Analog Stick ProModule.

Sometimes it's so hard to tell if a reviewer knows what he's talking about. However, the number of people complaining is suspicious.

I was looking for a new controller when I heard that EVO don't allow the use of PS3 Wireless. I was going to get this, cause it look so beast and from MLG and everything, but I am not sure now so I have to wait a little longer to see what everyone else said.

I ordered one of these last week, and just got it Tuesday. One day and a few hours later, pressing the left trigger makes the controller disconnect. Maybe I was just unlucky and got a faulty product but the controller is unusable for me now and is being returned tomorrow. Not worth anywhere near the money they're asking for it. Sorry MarkMan but the one I got is a piece of junk.

I ordered one of these last week, and just got it Tuesday. One day and a few hours later, pressing the left trigger makes the controller disconnect. Maybe I was just unlucky and got a faulty product but the controller is unusable for me now and is being returned tomorrow. Not worth anywhere near the money they're asking for it. Sorry MarkMan but the one I got is a piece of junk.
The first one I received was defective as well, but Markman took care of me and I got a working one.
Works phenomenal and I LOVE how easy doing 236 is, looking into purchasing a PS3 one this week. <3

^ Hey, sorry it took awhile. We had a few bad ones out the gate. We want to make sure everyone is happy though <3

We've been working hard on some cool accessories for it too, so I hope you guys keep your eyes peeled. Fighting gamers will definitely be pleased as well.

Dr_Tom, if you need help, hit me up.

^ Hey, sorry it took awhile. We had a few bad ones out the gate. We want to make sure everyone is happy though <3

We've been working hard on some cool accessories for it too, so I hope you guys keep your eyes peeled. Fighting gamers will definitely be pleased as well.

Dr_Tom, if you need help, hit me up.
That's ok, it was worth the wait in the end!
BTW, If I buy a PS3 one and the Dpads don't work on it as well, just in case, can I use the ones from my 360 one or will that damage it? Just thought I'd ask since I have working pads now.

I'm really on the fence about this. A few questions. First off I've heard the PS3 style d-pad has the same problems as the 360 style d-pad, in that it's easy for it to accidentally hit up and down inputs when you mean to only do left and right inputs. The video review posted above seemed to indicate as much, and I absolutely hate the 360 d-pad because of that - I vastly prefer the PS3 d-pad because the inputs are much less ambiguous and and "clean", for lack of a better term.

I've also been wondering about the analog sticks. What I wanted to do was set it up in the style of a PS1 controller - that is, d-pad in the top left and just leave the analog sticks empty. This was appealing to me because I like the minimalist style of the PS1 pad, but dislike how light it feels - the weights subvert that problem completely. The problem is I don't know how the pad functions without the analog sticks in - does the controller still function properly with the analog sticks removed? And, is there anything I can put in or over the recesses to prevent them from getting dirty or dusty.

This is pretty much my last ditch attempt at using pads, and I've heard both good and bad things on it. With the price tag on it, I want to be absolutely sure that what I'm getting is something I'm going to love to use, that what I am getting is going to work exactly like I need it to - otherwise, I'll just start saving up for the inevitable transition to stick.

Back