Match of the Year 2009 Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikosu

Goderator of pink hearts
Idea stolen from SRK. I will leave this thread open for 1.5 weeks for nominations to give everyone a chance. Then I will make a new thread with the top 5 nominations and we'll have a week-long poll to decide the top Soul Calibur Match of 2009!

Rules (so far):
1. Match must have video evidence uploaded somewhere
2. Must be a non-casual match (MMs, in-tourney exhibition matches for example are ok)
3. No Lag Calibur matches

Nominate before January 11, 2010!

It'll probably never get the votes cause hilde is in it(and not losing), but IceColdEdge vs RTD at TiT was one of my favorites of the past year:

in all seriousness my vote has to go to GameUnicon grand finals

remember ?

Of course brilliant tactical play, but this match also shows the whole ugliness in this game. Endless turtling, one mistake into death etc...not fun to watch, but very clever play. God Tier against Top Tier is not too much fun imo, well not in this case.

My vote goes to Something-Unique vs thugish_pond in Buffalo. That was some epic shit with S-U working that pole like a high class stripper along with me yelling in the background like an asshole for most of that grand final. Too bad more people ain't come to Buffalo.

To give some background, the bracket itself was murderous. S-U got put out early by OOFMATIC, then worked his way out of Losers to put thugish into losers, to then eventually win the entire tournament. Keep in mind that thugish is using Amy and is #1 in Calibur for a reason.

Video aka Is that Asura in mah face?!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to stop trippin' on these videos.

My second would be Saitoh Vs Woahhzz because I promised Woahhzz some hookers if he beat Saitoh, eventhough he's too young to be messin' with them hookers.

And who could forget Hates Vs sWoRD_LoRD MM Hype. I want dimples. Be a man and goddamn fuckin play!!!!

Initially I'm going with Ice vs RTD. Although I'm going to go searching through to make sure there isn't anything I'm forgetting.

Game Unicon Invitational:

Something-Unique vs. RTD
Set 1
Part 1:Part 2:Part 3:Part 4:
Set 2
Part 1:Part 2:
This is my nomination in line with Goofus as well. Because it shows all the foundations of this game in its best form imo. GI's (Both Auto and Standard), Throw Escapes, Spacing, Stepping, Turtling, Aggression, Proper Punishment (For the most part), and last but not least Super Solid Defense.

It also defines Hilde being used at her best in the hands of a 100% insane competitor. I always had a rule for Hilde that if she was being used in the hands of a real user she cannot lose on ring-out stages and that she should be beaten on non-ring out stages.

Set 1 and Set 2 define the results in matches based on stage selection. The same rule also applied at Nationals when I had good stages and won and at Internationals the stages were in her favor against RTD and I lost and then here u have a mix at Game Unicon.

Those are the reasons for my nomination.

Ohhh. I missed some good matches. I need to study up on these before I can make a proper suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back