[MATCH-UP] Patroklos

kPc

[09] Warrior
Here is another Poke heavy character but IMO does not give sieg as hard of a time as Omega. Here is the breakdown.....

Patroklos' moveset / Sieg's punish

3B- B6
B+K- alright I dont like this move because I have seen it crush a mid. If pat lands this and does his CE, you are talking a lot of health going away. It launches pretty high and has good damage. The main reason why I dont like this is the risk vs reward. We only get a K for punish. The good thing is this move should never just be spammed out thrown out because all it takes is a simple step and this move will whiff.
66B- Safe mid that guarantees a combo. This is pats bread and butter whiff punish and not a bad move to throw out every now and then. It has decent tracking since once he starts the move, if you are already stepping then it might catch you. You have to step it as he is doing the move.
1K- WS B
2K- WS K
A+B- Safe high that can be held down. This move auto GIs all mids and can be held down for a decent amount of time. If you see someone whoring this out, get them to bait this move out and duck and send them flying.
22AA- Does a horizontal high into a high, learn to duck this move and punish, if you block it then its safe. (thnx sach)
4B- safe high poke
66A- safe tracking mid
2A+B- foot stab, launch that fool
66B+K- no pat should be throwing this move out unless it is in a combo. If he does then launch him but I highly suggest you try to do it with iWS B since it will be a guaranteed launch rather than 3B at a distance that might make him fall back and tech the SCH B.
1B- a safe mid with decent speed that guarantees a 3B for pat or maybe a 236 K? either way its annoying. Very easily steppable to the left but it has decent tracking to your right.
1A- 3B
6BBB- The last hit ends with a 66B but can be sidestepped in either direction (Thank you juece)
11K- a sneaky fast low aht can be punished with WS B
2B+K- safe double mid hit
236-
B- 3B
AA- If they do just the first then its a B6, same if you block both. It is not launch punishable. I highly recommend going for the JG on the second hit though....
K- 3B

Analysis- Pat is a very poke heavy character. Unlike omega, I believe with good spacing, sieg can out turtle pat. He has a variety of safe moves and some that track but I dont know maybe its just me but he seems a little slower. He can still give sieg a lot of problems especially if they are skilled. Pat's punishment is pretty good as well although his shield bash sometimes present problems so look for the mistakes. I would keep moving and look for repeated 66Bs and other verts, once you see them start to shift to horizontal moves, start trying for SBH to get them scared or even get the combo if you can.

You forgot about 6BBB, you can side step the third hit after blocking the second hit or even just JG it. Also the second hit is a high so if you have a move that TC's then it's possible to interrupt for a counter hit.

1B is neutral on block and a i18 move and the best follow up for pat is 1B BE.

B+K is JG-able and leaves you with 20 something frames to punish.

The 1st hit 22AA is not a mid.

Pat doesn't have a 236AA, only a 236AB, the 2nd hit can be sidestepped on block.

Pats poke game is actually pretty bleh due to range issues. As is his midrange game. He also can't punish nearly as well and not for nearly as much damage as the other S&S characters. Play the usual spacing game and step alot. Pat has some pretty retarded stuff, but this feels very winnable overall.

sorry I meant to change some of this guide but right at the tail end when I revising I was pulled away....gf...you understand

I also forgot to his BEs but I literally have to go now so i`ll update later

Of course, you think I dont take notes when I get my ass whooped by certain players?

No, I don't. A real man doesn't let boobs deter him from the path he walks. But I forgive (TM) you.
TnA are my true weakness, Its an aura based spell that when in range, makes me want to say "fuck this game"

You forgot about 6BBB, you can side step the third hit after blocking the second hit or even just JG it. Also the second hit is a high so if you have a move that TC's then it's possible to interrupt for a counter hit.
The third hit is also -16 on block, so just holding G and punishing with B6 or 66K(*) is also good. All three hits can be delayed considerably to ruin retaliations and screw with JG timings, so try not to get caught out.

1B is neutral on block and a i18 move and the best follow up for pat is 1B BE.
It's actually i21, and the ideal followup is 66A+B, since it does nearly as much damage as 1B*, AA for free: the 1B* followup rings out though, so be wary.

I may add other useful things to know in the future when head hurt stops.

Not the most important thing, but from practice. When you JG Pat 66aBE, 3B will whiff. I haven't tried 1B against it, but 3A hits consistently. Pretty lame punish though but it's meterless damage.

Back