[Melbourne, Australia] Home of Soul Melb and Endnow's Failures.

The competitors list for Shadowloo looks very small considering...
Is it just that most people haven't pre-reg'd?

Damn it, I thought it was in June. FUUUUUUUU. I can't go for Shadowloo then.
You're going back the day before SS?

:(
The competitors list for Shadowloo looks very small considering...
Is it just that most people haven't pre-reg'd?
Pretty much. There's 22 people registered, and that's without multiple regulars, I was origianally expecting around 60 as a low ball before the game came out, and currently that's more the high ball.

You're going back the day before SS?

:(

Pretty much. There's 22 people registered, and that's without multiple regulars, I was origianally expecting around 60 as a low ball before the game came out, and currently that's more the high ball.

I'll still try to be there. I'll fly back for that weekend. I'm not missing Shadowloo. Can I crash on someone's couch? I'll plan it with you guys on Friday. Or can I crash on someone's couch or spare room till then?

All the previous Shadowloo's were in June. Why may all of a sudden?

OzHadou had 40 entrants which didn't even include a large part of either the Melbourne OR Sydney people.

I was thinking SLS was going to be far bigger.....

OzHadou had 40 entrants which didn't even include a large part of either the Melbourne OR Sydney people.

I was thinking SLS was going to be far bigger.....
The SFIV tournament and MvC3 tournament are likely going to be huge, because of the internation interest, but there's no serious international SCV players coming down, so it's not bringing the interest. I am definately expecting more than OHN, but not by some huge amount.

Btw (for people in general) , we're looking for SS volunteers and equipment, so if people are available, SCV could do with a couple more bracket monkeys and Xbox's with all characters unlocked.

Loki said:
Hey guys, Loki here!

As some of you may know this year I'm the tournament director for Shadowloo Showdown so I'll be officially helping out the Shadowloo crew oversee the running of the crucial details of the event like tournaments, equipment and so forth.

We're currently working on securing equipment for the epic amount of setups we'll require to make sure the event runs smoothly and as enjoyably as possible. Hopefully we'll be able to lock in a few things we're looking into but in the meantime we need the greater communities help. Right now we have enough monitors confirmed to cover our tournament setups but we're in dire need of Xboxes to cover our pools. These may not be used if all goes to plan but we'd still love to have backups and casual stations even under the best of situations.

With this in mind we need your support! If you can bring an Xbox and any or all of the tournament games we're running this year with you (along with your compulsory BYO stick/controller) to Shadowloo Showdown 2012 please let us know! We'll be compiling a list of who'll be bringing what and confirm with you before the date that you're still able to bring it along. Monitors will be handy for casual setups too but the thing we really need is Xboxes. So if you can help out your community and make our event even more awesome please let us know ASAP.

In a similar vein, this year is going to implement a system where no pool for any game will have more than 16 players in it. This will reduce the chaos of last year, help people schedule their day more effectively and have a lot less confusion when people are trying to play their games. With this format though we require a lot more volunteers than under the old methods. Thus we are putting out a call to arms!

Anyone with or without bracket running experience is welcome, the process is easy and fun and we can teach you in the coming month. It should be easier than running a pool at a casual event because your players will report to you at the start of the pool and should stay there through-out the entire pool so you can gun through it without any interruptions. The thing is though, we need lots and lots of you to make sure that the same people aren't commando'ing these pools through the day. So if this sounds like something you can dedicate an hour or more of your time to during the weekend (mostly Saturday) then please let us know. Besides, wouldn't it be cool to tell your friends you ran a pool of some of the best players in the world? Please post here ASAP if you're interested.

Like our bracket running staff we also need other volunteers, we need people to run the registration table for short shifts (taking names and handing out passes), people to man the stream setup and update player names, switch cameras and so forth, and even people to commentate both on the stream and through-out the venue. If you think you can handle any of these responsibilities and want to be in the crew that ran the most incredible tournament in fighting game history please let us know here.

That's it for now. Ali will be putting up more details of the tournament in the coming weeks and the incredible player reveal trailers will just keep on coming. We hope you're all getting hype, because this year is going to be amazing.

See you all there!
- Loki

I lucked into the pool of death #3.
Good thing is that I won't have to worry about competition once I'm in finals.

Who keeps changing the pools? Suddenly Huy is in my pool along with V1P3r.

EDIT: My mistake, V1P3r switched pools with Huy and Fuudo is in our pool with JWong for some reason.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqnV5iypqHmrdEdaQ0cwZDBGX0NHcWdNZDZGTWlSRGc#gid=0

And yeah, Loki's still moving the international's pools around a bit.

So you've entered as "Akhoo" Runis? Then yeah, that's very much the Pool Of Death., #1's pretty bad too though.

-E, similar question, is "Crocrop" somebody I should know from NSW? Or more generally, are there any SC players who placed top8 at OHN who have entered/are planning to enter SS under a different name?

I have no idea who crocop is. I think they just registered people based on paypal names and not based on gamertags for some people.

Apparently he's a Tekken player, and Youssef knows who he is, so I won't worry about it.

I think it had something to do with the name you signed up to the store with? Because I don't remember there being a specific place where you write "Gamertag" like there usually is.

Nope.
At least not known by 8WR people.
He might play in Canada, but none of the Canadians have been on and I haven't seen OOFMATIC around ever since the OOF-MANTA incident.

Back