Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

CappuccinoJak

[12] Conqueror
i've been playing the demo a ton and i gotta say, i love it! i've always hated raiden as a character, but i love what he does (if that makes any sense). i figured i'd make this thread since the release is pretty close and i'm hyped enough for it so...yeah DISCUSS!

at first the spine-grabbing technique (zandatsu i think it's called) felt extremely gimmicky, but after playing it for a while i find it to be just fine. i have yet to find out if you get a better score for precision (use zandatsu in as few hits as possible) or if precision even matters. it feels great to zandatsu the walking tanks (gekko, if i remember right. my MGS is a bit rusty lol)!

Wtf. I like Raiden, ho.

Seriously, though, at first I didn't like Raiden because he replaced Snake in SoL but then I started to like him more towards the end of da game and liked him be shit ton come the Patriots Gunz.

I will be getting this game sometime later in the summer haha lol but for the most part im excited about this game since it actually takes place after Metal gear solid 4. I was impressed with the demo , ashame quite a bit of my friends actually quit the demo early...(mostly due to the lass boss) because of the mechanics and its a change everyone has to get use too. There is no block button instead the game uses a parry system, and I like that you can't just spam the parry. You actually get benefits if u time it right ( making an enemy do no pushback) Which is actually the main key on how to beat the demo boss pretty easily.

I promised myself I'd beat Bayonetta first... but this is a definite buy.
by all mean finish bayonetta, it's freaking amazing! =D

i never knew the parry stuff you mentioned. i mean i knew how to parry and have gotten quite used to getting good at the timing, but i've never really noticed the perks to being precise with parries!

and LP i think my main gripe with raiden is that he tries too hard to be cool, when he doesn't need to....cuz he's already badass! i just wish he'd shut up more, then again i say that about a ton of characters lol.

I never got into MGS until SSBB when they placed Snake in there. I thought he was going to be some old boring fart until I realized he was actually pretty interesting. I never played any of the games (I suck at stealth) but I've been reading up on the plot a bit at a time. I must say, I really like Raiden and I want to try his game out. I'm torn between buying this or DOA 5 though. I don't know what to choose :(

Eh i still get somewhat confuse on this lol Naked snake and solid snake are two different people right? or the same person?

Eh i still get somewhat confuse on this lol Naked snake and solid snake are two different people right? or the same person?
Naked Snake is the original Snake. Solid and Liquid are clones of Naked Snake who becomes Big Boss. If you watch that vid I posted above, you'll understand a bit.

since i bought DmC a week ago i don't have MGR yet, but it will be soon. watching my friend play it though atm lol.

Back