Mitsu vs. _____

any, lol, tips vs Hilde?
cant think of any particular advantages except A+K, that also might get stepped eventually, though it hits more often than other stuff...

I mean, pokes are pretty useless vs her. if she backdash release charge or step-release I get RO'ed even if I just do a simple 2A... and I cant 4A b/c of C3A TC (lol) and 4A can still be stepped.

So if you have any strategy tips like " Do b:A if she doesnt have C3A (ex - after she breaks A'throw) if b:A gets blocked anticipate her charge and try to GI" I'd very much appreciate it. I just feel I cant apply any real pressure to hilde. once I close in I dont know what to do, b/c her step so good and her aGI on A-charge. I can poke at distance with 1A and b:A which are both risky, but still okay to try keep her in place. But once I'm in I'm lost.

And maybe we should make a list of moves with fast recovery. I cant think of like:
4A
both still punishable on wiff, but not on reaction.

I don't play against a good enough Hilde (yet) to give you any strong advice.
Still, things I do is try to poke her from distance the whole game, and just be very careful defensively.
Ring position is key, and depending on the situation, I'll occasionally try some risky stuff like trying A+K or 6B+K (will go under) against an anticipated A charge.
I try to get close, and do some basic mix-ups (2KB/3B/236B).
I apply the basic step&guard strategy vs Hilde.
I do a lot of throws. Never tech.
I try to GI her charges as soon as I see the little light before its release, but I need some training for that (especially for the fast ones)... GI seems to be key here for Mitsu, given the amount of options he has after it.

I need help on stopping Taki's annoying, in your face, fly in the air at the right time bullshit.

I can parry the top hit when she does possession and flys in the air. But I just don't know which one will happen. Also, when she's in your face kicking and slashing, I try to add a 3a in the mix, it works about 50% of the time though. from there I can do a little combo, but of course the player will catch on, so any help? advice, tips?

Try 2A instead of 3A. It's quicker.
PO A and PO K are high, try gambling with some ducking or TC moves (1B, FC1B.
Backstep, 44B+K and 4B, she's got no range on her stances.
For the Hover, step and guard low. If your confident enough: 3G.

Overall, you have a much better range, use it and abuse it. And don't forget you can apply some good pressure too with mix-ups and tech traps.

Xep: when she enters PO, do a 4 unless she does PO B or PO-cancel you can punish everything else she does.
on hit, duck and if she does a high punish, if she jumps or unblockable do 4 again.

more conventional counters are 1B - instant TC has to step the other way 2A is stepped by PO-step
1A
6B+K MST B 4B

also her Hover Mixup can be guarded by fuzzy guard, imagine you're blocking a mid and then duck instantly. requires some practice but its possible.
You can also sidestep and then duck. also requires to time your sidestep

Xep: when she enters PO, do a 4 unless she does PO B or PO-cancel you can punish everything else she does.
on hit, duck and if she does a high punish, if she jumps or unblockable do 4 again.

more conventional counters are 1B - instant TC has to step the other way 2A is stepped by PO-step
1A
6B+K MST B 4B

also her Hover Mixup can be guarded by fuzzy guard, imagine you're blocking a mid and then duck instantly. requires some practice but its possible.
You can also sidestep and then duck. also requires to time your sidestep

Alright, the ducking seems easy enough. I did put 4B into my strat, though maybe using it at the wrong times. I tried 6B as well, and it works, but once the taki user sees, it can be easily predicted. Thank you Belial.

Mushashi;
Thanks for the advice as well. I don't exactly do long range with Rugi, though I have before. I just prefer to fight up close, with offensive mind games. But, I will try your methods as well, keeping my distance and using my range as an advantage.

Also, on her hover, you can go into Relic and auto GI her top hit, it's risky though, but I've pulled it off numerous times.

Could someone please tell me how to beat a good Yun player? Yun seems to just drive me crazy no matter what I do.

Yun? Well, a tip that seems to work a lot, is to use :6::6::A: a lot. Since a lot of Yun's love that counter, especially when you're a rugi, this'll leave the Yun's strategy a little flawed. Also, his unblockable or his Unblockable cancel to a guardbreak can be countered. Press :8::A:+:B:. It'll land everytime, cancel or not. Other than that, I've learned to fight him pretty well so there's a lot of moves I've grown to GI. BTW, a lot of Yun's will try to critical because he has so many power attacks. Keep the pressure.

Hope that can help a bit.

Hey appreciate it and yes it is helpful. But I'm dealing with a very good Yun who loves to counter with with his low framed kicks and then gets me caught up in his crane offense 50/50. It is so frustrating because he can tech jump your only really viable option in 2A and everything else gets beat. I know I play a little too aggressive but i still have no idea what to do against this Yun.

greatone: the yun SA on this forum has some good info dont ignore it please!
I'm no vs Yun expert ( You can say im bad at this vs)
Yun general SS side is your right.
yun 236KK is his main highcrush move it is safe but 2nd hit is a high
many yun moves are disadv on hit BB (-2) or 4K (-1) etc, but he will still use it to set up moves like 44B or 9B+K or whatever, so look out.
His 1KK~G (low kick into CR) just duck and do a WS A, same goes for blocking CR A+K - this is free and yun cant do anything to beat this. but you have to practice it of course
his A+BBBB GC is -5 on guard and the last his is high, use any TC move frames to punish it in between or just duck
some moves you have to beware is 3[K]~CR and CR K:G~CR , after those on block CR B is not interruptible. I dont know the best way to deal with CR, sadly, but if you SS it, make sure to anticipate A+K and not atack with vertical moves, b/c even if he wiff he might stay in CR and your next vertical will get autoevaded.

general CR moves
CR K:G - mid , late TJ good on guard (CR B trade with i11 i think), on CH free CR B
CR A+K - low, not safe but verticals will get evaded!
CR 2KK - low high, ends in crane be quick or use WS A
CR B+K - is a GC mid , free BB on block, but upclose he will go over you. and end in BT . so if you wiff something fast you will have advantage, but his BT B+K is evasive move - beware.
CR [B+K] - same as above but ends in CR. CR BT B+K is another hop backwards, so if you wiff something fast and try to punish his hop with a BT move he can jump over you again and punish or get a free grab.
CR A+B is nothing special just watch out for its range and maybe it steps to the other side, I dont remember , try it yourself. can be dealyed but nothing special comes off on block.
CR A is a slow side step killer, ends in CR where CR B trades with i15 on block.

ah and learn to block his A+K its smid-low and its safe, so a good set up for GI or evasion - beware. overall you have to beware yun's evades and stance, other than than he doesnt have much good tools, I think, but I'm really no expert.

Any tips for defeating Lizardman? I can't seem to get around his tricky lows, and get him out of it with a fast move. What do you guys do in this situation once Lizardman is in his stance. Overall, I can Auto GI him pretty well, but that's all I've got on my side.

His lows, and his confusing frame traps get me. Any help would be appreciated.

LC is steppable to the left, don't just sit there and wait for something to happen. Lizzy doesn't have tricky lows, learn how to react to 1K and you'll be fine for the most part.

force the issue, don't be defensive... Mitsu can't be played like that.

Not many liz moves has good adv on hit, use 3A more, step to the left.
on LC
on block LC A -> 66BB interrupts ALL but aGI, deal with aGI anyway you want. if you get aGI'ed backjump or 8wrL

on hit LC A -> 66BB interrupts all but LC A, backjump deals with LC A, 8wrL beats all but delayed moves (just hold 8 (if p1) no timing needed)

on block LC K - LC A will trade with 2A. apply same strats as if LC A hit (above) , you cannot 8wr though, b/c LC K forces crouch

on block LC B - punish with 66BB

on block LC A+K B, usually people try to interrupt react accordingly
on block LC A+K LC , apply same strats as for LC A hit/LC K blckd
on block LC B+K i think 2KB is guaranteed.

on hit BT B+K dont tech. delayed BT B+K is a tech trap

note: if you backjump LC A or LC K , 2KB is free.

learn to block 1K on reaction, punish with WS B (FC 1B works but is hard, might get evaded by LC transition if you miss precise timing)

Most Amys that i've played as Mitsu were easily beaten via sidestep. The thing you have to remember about Amy, like Raph, has a great use of Step-ins. Considering several of these have a decent range, when playing a character like Rugi, one has to keep mind of their space and their movements, one wrong move can lead to a bad chain that leads to heavy damage. Amy isn't a pushover, simply put.
Any tips for defeating Lizardman? I can't seem to get around his tricky lows, and get him out of it with a fast move. What do you guys do in this situation once Lizardman is in his stance. Overall, I can Auto GI him pretty well, but that's all I've got on my side.

His lows, and his confusing frame traps get me. Any help would be appreciated.

I've seen a lot of Lizardman players use lows to their definite advantage, when it comes to fighting that with Rugi, keep in mind that Rugi has some great sweeps on his behalf and he has the potential to be just as tricky in response, you just have to anticipate what you think your opponent will do next and react accordingly.
Yun? Well, a tip that seems to work a lot, is to use :6::6::A: a lot. Since a lot of Yun's love that counter, especially when you're a rugi, this'll leave the Yun's strategy a little flawed. Also, his unblockable or his Unblockable cancel to a guardbreak can be countered. Press :8::A:+:B:. It'll land everytime, cancel or not. Other than that, I've learned to fight him pretty well so there's a lot of moves I've grown to GI. BTW, a lot of Yun's will try to critical because he has so many power attacks. Keep the pressure.

Hope that can help a bit.

Not only that, but a good :6::A::B: can psychologically throw him off his game. I used this against a Yun and a Maxi and it threw off both of them significantly. It's a move that is worth a shot if you want to mix things up, but then again not everyone cracks under the pressure.

^That was awhile ago, I really don't have trouble with Lizardman anymore. People were right, his LC is steppable tot he left. Also, 8A+B is good when he's in LC. Takes ypu up off the ground, and hits. Only problem is his auto GI, but I don't usually get caught with that. I
d sweep him, but 1A not on my move list. 2KB is also good, but 11A sucks, too slow.

Anyways, I don't have much trouble with anyone anymore, maybe a good raphael, however, I've figured out his style and can interrupt very well with 2A. It makes Raphaelm real garbage =/

Anyways, I don't have much trouble with anyone anymore, maybe a good raphael, however, I've figured out his style and can interrupt very well with 2A. It makes Raphaelm real garbage =/

Good Raphs are hard to come by in regular matchmaking, but I've seen a lot of great Raphs since I've been on 8WR. Your garden variety Raph principally just spams (I believe this is the right combo) 1YY (named it Poke Poke) with a few step-ins for good measure. But a good Raph is a pretty good match for Rugi. And yeah, 2A is not a very good idea for disruption. I usually use 2KY. Even though the second part of the combo is a bit slower, the kick still manages to disrupt.

Not many liz moves has good adv on hit, use 3A more, step to the left.
on LC
on block LC A -> 66BB interrupts ALL but aGI, deal with aGI anyway you want. if you get aGI'ed backjump or 8wrL

on hit LC A -> 66BB interrupts all but LC A, backjump deals with LC A, 8wrL beats all but delayed moves (just hold 8 (if p1) no timing needed)

on block LC K - LC A will trade with 2A. apply same strats as if LC A hit (above) , you cannot 8wr though, b/c LC K forces crouch

on block LC B - punish with 66BB

on block LC A+K B, usually people try to interrupt react accordingly
on block LC A+K LC , apply same strats as for LC A hit/LC K blckd
on block LC B+K i think 2KB is guaranteed.

on hit BT B+K dont tech. delayed BT B+K is a tech trap

note: if you backjump LC A or LC K , 2KB is free.

learn to block 1K on reaction, punish with WS B (FC 1B works but is hard, might get evaded by LC transition if you miss precise timing)

Yeah, about crawl stance, are all those informations 100% reliable belial? I don't have much time so when someone says he tested it all out, I take it as granted.

Anyway, the best anti-crawl stance is 2B. It's official. (well if unless it's 66BB... anyway 2B is more scrub-friendly :p)
It is not of use against stuff like LC K/B+K > LC A. It's just the best ranged/fast/ground-hitting move that Mistu has against LC.
Specially, it interrupts the LC A max range, backstep, LC A stuff, that can't be 8WR Left.

Outside of his stance game, Lizardman is a pretty strong character, cancelling his stance game won't win you the match-up IMO. Somebody should come up with some work on this versus, it is pretty interesting I believe :)

yes I test my stuff. and also in game. so what I post is usually the best answers considering basic human reflex and ability.
No 2B isnt good.

Back