Monster Hunter

HydroJames

Shining Sea Dragon

That is one epic theme song...

This thread is made to discuss Monster Hunter.

Out of the many CGI ecology videos, these stand out to me as the most terrifying...

why do i still have to use nets? where my pokeballs at yo?

I can imagine... A Monster Hunter game where you could capture monsters and make them fight for you... that'd be awesome!

Also, some awesome stuff from EpicFaceFist!

Also, while I was initially disappointed the Monster Hunter 4 for the 3DS wasn't released in the West, I learned to deal with it... because there is going to an update called Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and it's going to be released in western territories early 2015!

I just downloaded the demo for this game... feels a bit like Dark Souls meets Pokemon meets ps2 graphics lol

It's 17 bucks on Groupon and I'm really tempted to buy it.

I just downloaded the demo for this game... feels a bit like Dark Souls meets Pokemon meets ps2 graphics lol

It's 17 bucks on Groupon and I'm really tempted to buy it.

What weapons have you tried? And which monster(s) did you fight?

What weapons have you tried? And which monster(s) did you fight?
I picked the Nightmare-looking guy with the giant sword and fought some giant thing on a snow stage. I got my ass handed to me, I'll have to get back to that fucker tomorrow. Any character recommendations for a total scrub?

I picked the Nightmare-looking guy with the giant sword and fought some giant thing on a snow stage. I got my ass handed to me, I'll have to get back to that fucker tomorrow. Any character recommendations for a total scrub?

The Sword and Shield is a balanced weapon and is the only one that can use items while drawn (Hold R+Y).

My favorite weapons are the Dual Blades and The Switch Axe.

The Dual Blades are a nice weapon choice for those looking for light and swift attacks. It can tap Demon Mode which uses stamina (yellow bar) to dish out more devastating blows.

The Switch Axe is a weapon that can switch between axe and sword forms. It's got long reach and high attack power, but (as you have probably guessed) is a bit slow. In its sword form, it can use some awesome chain-saw attack!

Be sure to experiment with other weapons and see which ones fit your style and also look up the instruction on how to use them.

sword & shield all day. while not the most flashy of gear, it certainly holds its own against the other weapon classes. and if anything the ability to block just makes it way more beginner-friendly since you don't have to worry about timing dodges.

Hello there! I myself am a Monster Hunter fan! Tri was my first, and I bought more from the series from there such as Freedom Unite, Portable 3rd, and 3U. Longsword and Hunting Horn have to be my favorite weapons. Lances/Gun Lances, Hammers, and Bows are also fun to use.

For those who have played Monster Hunter, what are your favorite monsters?

I have two that cling to the top for me.

They are...

The Nargacuga:

450px-3rdGen-Nargacuga_Render_001_%28Edited%29.png

A Pseudo-Flying Wyvern that is a cross between a bat and a panther with tail-spikes, impressive agility, and glowing red eyes. The battle with this thing is hectic for it is fast and will keep you on you toes. It makes great weapons, too.

Its battle theme is neat too...

It also has two subspecies:

Green Nargacuga:

450px-Green_Nargacuga_Render.png

Has the same attacks as the regular Cuga, but has a Double-Tail slam in addition to it.

Lucent Nargacuga:
400px-Nargacuga_Rare_Species_Render.png

An even tougher version with metallic scales that is armed with not only Green Cuga's double tail slam, but also poisonous tail-spikes and invisibility.

The Zinogre:
400px-MH4-Zinogre_Render_001.png

The lightning wolf fanged wyvern is a ferocious beast. When it's not trying to attack you with its fangs, claws, and tail, it's trying to zap you with its thunder. And if you thought this looks badass, wait until you see its dragon element wielding subspecies...

Stygian Zinogre:

400px-MH4-Stygian_Zinogre_Render_001.png

And its theme is so awesome:

For those interested, MH3U is available for download on Wii U eShop for $15.99. Part of Capcom's 60% off on select games!

Back