[Montreal, Quebec, Canada] Reincarnation

First thing, I would have to go out of the brackets where I will be playing to be able to play against him... Which sounds a bit hard already, since in all the SF4 tournament I did so far, my best tournament had 2 victories ! But hell yeah, beating him would be pretty funny ! I have hard time beating Nan Ryu, imagine Daigo Ryu XD. I'm more positive about being able to win my brackets in SC5 instead since so far, they are no known uber player in there, so this is giving me a good chance !

Anyway, I'm back from EVO ! Finished 3rd in my pool because of the same Siegfried player... I knew I would have to face up this matchup and it ended up killing me XD Also, my Voldo saved me a lot of trouble, a bunch of people really are not aware of this matchup...

Anyhow, I was able to get my hand of Tekken tag 2 and it looks pretty good (they announced also 4 new characters btw) ! I'm just mentioning that I would have less free time in the coming of the next few months with GW2, Doa5 and Tekken tag 2... Hopefully, I can manage to still come at gathering on Sunday !

Nobody's dropping SC. They're picking up other games is all. SC is too awesome to be dropped.

Wait, Charles didn't take out Daigo. By our agreement, he buys us beers.

Well I didn't play against him btw... I would have beat him otherwise, Ryu is nothing against my T.Hawk ! I lost against Blanka and El.Fuerte, big surprise ! So no beer for anyone...

I'm still gonna play SC5, the only problem is that the game is not supported by Namco, so people will be switching to other new game ! Honestly, we all know that SC5 is not coming back for next EVO, that's enough for people to stop playing... I think the game could run another year seeing how people barely knew the Tira matchup, but there are like 2 other fighting games coming in 2012 and 1 more in 2013... What I was saying was, I will play a bit less SC5 for now on, it's a fun game and all, but I would also like to play the other fighting games I have (playing a bit MK this week) and I plan to play a lot of Doa5 (because I am a big fan). As for TT2, nothing is sure, it looks fun at least !

Not surprised that Charles lost to El Fuerte. Shame he has to buy a pitcher to us for not taking out Daigo. I'm not dropping SCV people, it's a shame that the scene is shrinking for sure... but I enjoy showing up on Sundays to get a few games with you guys... and playing during the week as well (granted that hasn't been happening since Nan and now Foonzo has my SCV copy).

Speaking of which... we didn't have a monthly this time because it EVO was happening. What up with that? Are we good for something next week?

If you guys have a monthly early august I can probably make it. As I should be in my new appartment by then.

Hey guys, first weekend of August is Otakuthon: http://www.otakuthon.com/

I'm part of the staff this year taking care of a Trollball event (if you are even tempted to try it). Also, there is a bunch of video game tournaments (SC5, SSF4:AE, Marvel and probably more), I would need to ask my friend who is at the director of the video game section for more details ! It's 40$ for the weekend (if I remember correctly) and probably 20$ one day... There is a lot of other activities, feel free to check the website for more information !

As for the normal tournament we normally do, I am booked a lot in August, so forgot about me ! Feel free to do it when you want to do it !

If there's a rspectable amount of participants for SCV, I'm in.

Edit: It says "registration ends june 30th".

Well if I can go, I will. Is it like a casual tournamnent? I hope there's some money at stake or something.

I just asked my friend taking care of the tournament and in the end: SF4, Marvel and Smash... So no SC5 tournament, so forget about it... Though they are giving really good price for the tournament: Quanba stick for SF4 and Marvel and a 3DS for Smash. My friend told me they don't have enough money for prizes and well, SC5 is not that popular...

Otherwise, it is still an anime convention, there is other stuff to do if you guys are interested.

On another note, I should be there Sunday after fighting on the mountain, hopefully not too exhausted haha.

Smash is awesome but I never really put the dedication into it. Oh well. Thanks for clearing that out. I'd probably still go if I lived in MTL.

Back