Most Esteemed One-Shot Contest Thread.

Awesome! I think this is my first time winning one of these things.

Here's my proposed theme:
Create a character design based on a myth, folktale, or urban legend that originated or is otherwise associated with where you are from (referring to either your heritage or where you live).

Your design does not necessarily have to be supernatural in theme (e.g. ancient deities or monsters), although these are fair game, too. An American example of this would be Johnny Appleseed. Your design could even be based on an actual person with exaggerated qualities. There is no requirement on time period, either.

Awesome! I think this is my first time winning one of these things.

Here's my proposed theme:
Create a character design based on a myth, folktale, or urban legend that originated or is otherwise associated with where you are from (referring to either your heritage or where you live).

Your design does not necessarily have to be supernatural in theme (e.g. ancient deities or monsters), although these are fair game, too. An American example of this would be Johnny Appleseed. Your design could even be based on an actual person with exaggerated qualities. There is no requirement on time period, either.
Does this mean any historical figure from our respective countries is fair game? In addition to myths and legends and stuff of course. Cuz we Murrican's ain't been around that long lol.

Ok, i got this one : meet LeBelArt, alias Papy Bel (it is a pun only french people might understand, hey Nemesis ?)

LeBelArt is a reknowned french painter of the streets of Paris, all dressed up in french colors, the famous french beer belly, paint smears on his blouse, and the french cocarde (credits to the lotus flower sticker for this one)...ET bien sûr un french croissant as a tantalizing emblem on his belt...

The french croissant was actually the hardest part of the CAS to pull off, believe me or not...and then i had to bake it so it looks all shiny and crispy !

Voilà ha ha ! mes amis CAS artistes :P

Glad to see Vil's on the ball early, but I'm a little concerned about the low turnout, so far. If anyone's still guessing, this contest has started and will be open for the same amount of time as the previous round, so it closes on May 5. Mods, please feel free to correct me if I got any of the details wrong.

Morgan Le Fay
1430325092408.jpg
1430324893533.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to see Vil's on the ball early, but I'm a little concerned about the low turnout, so far. If anyone's still guessing, this contest has started and will be open for the same amount of time as the previous round, so it closes on May 5. Mods, please feel free to correct me if I got any of the details wrong.

French croissants will prevail ! (Hil de France). That is actually a good pun, if you know the name of the region where Paris is located :)

People, give the judge something to judge, and at least post a line of comment as to why your CAS is relevant to the theme will ya ?

This is actually a rather difficult challenge, but I'll have something out soon. Goddamn @VILARCANE for making Elvis first.

DAVY CROCKETT
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png.jpg
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png.jpg
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png.jpg

David "Davy" Stern Crockett (August 17, 1786 – March 6, 1836) was a 19th-century American folk hero, frontiersman, soldier, and politician. He is commonly referred to in popular culture by the epithet "King of the Wild Frontier". He represented Tennessee in the U.S. House of Representatives, served in the Texas Revolution, and died at the Battle of the Alamo.
~Wikipedia ftw

Creation Notes: Design started with Davy's trademark coonskin cap (fez + 3 raccoon tails). The fez also has leather pattern + raven wings sticker to emulate fur. The rest is a mix of cowboy, Native American, hunter, and random pocket stickers. Inspired by his movie depictions.His face has a ribbon sticker and a golden phoenix sticker to emulate bangs, which are usually cut off by hat equipment.

Last edited:
What legend is this design based on? I hate to disqualify given the lack of entries this round, but rules are rules. I'll post the prompt again, just so we're all clear.

I thought the contest was based around creations that symbolize the country where you live, and he's meant to be a patriotic superhero.

Free french croissants in the mail for all those who vote for me !
Yes, i AM kidding, hope brucege tasted some in his lufe with all the french relatives he's got hey ? :)

Lord Liberty is not eligible, but Sacajawea fits the bill.

Also, today is the last day entries will be accepted for this round. Voting begins tomorrow, May 5, and closes May 7. If you want in on this round, get your entries in now! To everyone who has already submitted a design, good luck!

Last edited:
@VILARCANE: I vote LeBelArt. he's French as shit. I mean, like seriously. Nice find with the croissant too. I ate one every morning when I visited France. I still miss it at times.

@Francis: Morgan's beautiful. You should take a photo where we can see the whole body. Kinda fuzzy right now.

@Nyte: Nice Sacajawea. more barbarian/footballer than Native American but watevs

Back