Most Esteemed One-Shot Contest Thread.

Like NeclordX, I'm not really into the horror thing, but that's the Challenge right? doing something challenging?

Fallen Angel

Angel3.jpg

I'm a huge horror movie fan, but I've always preferred the supernatural over blood and guts. I settled on a remix of Dragon Age's desire demon. In the end, the only thing I kept from the original was the purple/blue color scheme, so it still counts as an original!

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png
I need to get back to making symmetrical CaS sometime.

I've got two entries for this. Man, looking at the other entries, mine look, well, boring. Enjoy!

SOULCALIBUR2164_16_zps3c2c8fd0.png

Isabella was just your typical young girl. She loved toys, was loved, and adored. On her 8th Birthday, her mother gave her a porcelain doll, whom she named 'Hermia'. She loved the doll with all her heart, and vowed never to let her go, but as many people would guess, this promise to herself was broken. With age comes maturity, and Isabella eventually grew into a young woman, without and time for childrens toys. She placed Hermia in her wardrobe and in a few years time, forgot about her.
As time passed, Hermia grew dirty, and with envy and hate, came to life. She knew that Isabella had made a foolish choice, leaving her all alone, and with four words, set out on a journey to find her.

"I will find you."

Hermia grabbed a knife out of Isabella's pantry, and searched for days. She travelled the world, from Asia to Scotland, brutally slaughtering anyone appearing similar to the young girl that broke her heart. Hermia, tired and irritated, eventually came to a stop on a winding road. There was a sign advertising a local Inn.

"This could be it..." Whispered Hermia softly.

The doll pushed open the door, and sure enough, found Isabella, sitting by herself at a table. Hermia, readying her knife, swung her weapon, and with a single strike, left Isabella just a body.

"Foolish child!" Screamed Hermia. She gently kissed the girl that broke her heart goodbye, and with her blood stained dress, slowly walked away, venturing out for more souls to make suffer.

SOULCALIBUR2164_15_zpsac19e782.png

I had this idea in hand as soon as I saw this contest. I had the idea of a possessed doll of some sort with no eyes and blood smeared all over her. The eye in my opinion is what she uses to see, you know, with her eyes missing and stuff. All in all, she was a success!
SOULCALIBUR2164_17_zps36ce77ef.png

Notes:
- The blood on her dress is made up of Motif 88, the cow print pattern and one of the camouflage patterns.
- Motif 88 was also used for the grease stain on her upper chest.
- One of the face paints from the Female Customization Pack was used for the patch of blood around her eye.
- The chains were used to represent her imprisonment in Isobella's closet.
- The knife in her hand (Seen below) was made from a scroll and two gray colored horns.
SOULCALIBUR2164_18_zps9fb2e2e9.png

SOULCALIBUR2164_21_zpsa0f69653.png

It was said in the small town of Obernai that there was a strange figure said to prey on anyone that entered her territory of the forest, and eventually kill them. Visuernoir knew that these rumors were false. She would shred them to pieces and then eat them! With her unnaturally large smile and clawed hands, she will do anything to get her lunch in her stomach, if it means stalking them for days, or attacking from the shadows.
SOULCALIBUR2164_19_zps01a6e8d2.png

This girl took some time. I wanted something like the Cheshire Cat, and Visuernoir was the result of my madness.
SOULCALIBUR2164_20_zps0b85dcc1.png

Notes:
- Crescent Moon was used to create her somewhat unnerving smile.
- The Small Hat was used to be reminiscent of Alice in Wonderlands Mad Hatter. As she was based on the Cheshire Cat, I thought, "Why not?"
- A cow pattern was used for the blood stains on her dress and her claws.
- Glowing red eyes are there to make her look a bit more scary/evil.
- Dampierre's style was used to make her even more goofy. Hey, I think goofy monsters are a bit creepier!

Well, enjoy, as I may have nightmares about Hermia! Yay! (Sarcasm)

Did someone delete their entry or am I imagining things? There was a giant eye surrounded by spikes and stuff?

Yeah, I think Da Fonz submitted something which really reminded me of a Matty82 creation (he also had some freaky creature with a massive eye for a torso and horns sticking out) but it seems to have disappeared. Maybe it's just hiding and will spring out at us again when we least expect it, in true horror movie style.

.... oooh .... Horror! We have until the 16th ?
I can't believe I almost missed this ... (shit... what to make, what to make....)
Your name actually came to my mind while I was writing the challenge. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Yeah, I tried to put on my Matty82 hat for my own entry. He would've done it better though.
Man, that guy had a real Tim Burton-esque sensibility with a lot of his CAS, really creative, creepy/odd/endearing at the same time. I'd love to see what he would come up with for this contest. I'm definitely looking forward to Chobek's entry.

And @Brucege, my personal tastes also tend towards more psychological horror/creepy /suggested/shadowy, but for SC CAS, that infinite tile floor, clouds, high bright sun in the background? I found it virtually impossible to carry through that sort of moodier feel.

Handsome Jim..
handsomejimbeterhead.jpg
handsomejimbody.jpg
handsomejimcard.jpg
handsomejimfightscreatureone.jpg

... After your initial repulsion, you tell yourself that evil cannot be seen from the outside, he is probably a kind man trapped in a huge and deformed body. ...BUT... you don't think that for very long .
Your head is now a part of his impressive collection.

... After your initial repulsion, you tell yourself that evil cannot be seen from the outside, he is probably a kind man trapped in a huge and deformed body. ...BUT... you don't think that for very long .
Your head is now a part of his impressive collection.

It just remembered Starship Troopers, when those space mormons decided to stablish a colony saying that insects are just uncomprehended XDDD

[notice]Thanks to everyone who entered. Voting begins now and ends at 00:00 on Wednesday 20th (GMT). In other words, you have until the end of Tuesday to cast your vote.
Entrants: NeclordX, Quinion, Brucege, TheHatter, Chobek, Vilarcane[/notice]

My vote goes to Chobek.

There were plenty of submissions I would have been happy to vote for actually. NeclordX's entry was very creative with the missing eye and the sticker work on her skin was a nice touch too. I was also very tempted to give my vote to Quinion as his Fallen Angel was so striking from the moment I saw it. However, the reason I'm voting for Chobek is that there was something remarkably unsettling about the designs which made me feel captivated when looking at them. One difficult thing about the horror genre is creating something that doesn't rely on that initial shock-value, which is something that wears off fast. In fact, the more I look at them, the more horrific they become. And the work on deforming Jim's face is just genius!

It is always hard to pick but I am going to go with Quinion's Fallen Angel. I like the theme of corruption :)... and the shapes of the equipment, the patterns and the stickers all work well together.

Back