Most Esteemed One-Shot Contest Thread.

My vote goes to the Hatter, Hermina, since I find is more creepy one and in overall the most solid character. I liked lot Handsome Jim, he looks like he could be an actual character of a horror movie, but as a SC character he looks just cool, not creepy. The same I could say about brucege, looks really cool as a character but doesn't transmit that creepy feeling from horror characters. Quinion'ss one is creepy too I like the theme and the snakes idea, but the outfit isn't as inspired as the rest of the CAS.

No ofense intended but chobek first character and Vilearcane are fun. I would LOL if they jumped in front of me, man I would even love while they are taking out my guts XD

Good contest, with high level work from lots of entries. A tough competiton to be sure, but my vote has to go to Chobek's Handsome Jim.

To pull off horror in SC CAS, it's as much about presentation as anything. Trimming the shots to cut out most of that overpowering CAS stage that ruins any creepiness, good thumbnail peering out from the broken glass, and that little touch of explanation..... a whole character in 4 images and two sentences. Perfect.

Hmm, I think that Chobek's Handsome Jim gets my vote.
Wow
just
Wow.

NeclordX said:
My vote goes to the Hatter, Hermina, since I find is more creepy one and in overall the most solid character. I liked lot Handsome Jim, he looks like he could be an actual character of a horror movie, but as a SC character he looks just cool, not creepy. The same I could say about brucege, looks really cool as a character but doesn't transmit that creepy feeling from horror characters. Quinion'ss one is creepy too I like the theme and the snakes idea, but the outfit isn't as inspired as the rest of the CAS.
Only this gif can show my feels right now...
tumblr_m8fqh1Mk4m1qhxtfpo1_500.gif

I vote for Chobek. The way Handsome Jim's face was executed was great, but I couldn't find much of note elsewhere on the design. However, there are is quite a lot going on with Creature One, especially the way the skull head was built. That was brilliant.

Quinion's entry also deserves mention. It's a good design, but I'm more interested in it on a conceptual level. Without boring you all with theory I learned from a humanities course I took during undergrad, the reason I find Quinion's entry interesting is because it melds what is usually considered horrifying and frightening with what is usually considered holy and sacred. It is very possible to assign horrifying attributes that disturb you to the core to a holy, sacred higher force with whom you entrust your own existence and that of everything around you. When that happens, you create in your mind the most terrifying monster imaginable. In this case, depending on who you are, you may start to tell yourself that you're the one who's the monster.

Anyway, there were good ideas to glean from each entry, so this round was a success. Jolly good show, everyone.

So Pas, are you trying to say I'm the monster? XD

No, you're right, and I think Fallen Angel probably deserves some design notes/commentary, but I'll take up that space in my own thread when I do a catch-up post of some of these contest entries, not here.
Shame about LordDraco3's entry though, would've loved to have seen it.
Anyways, great contest HolyCarp, definitely brought out everyone's best

Anyways, great contest HolyCarp, definitely brought out everyone's best
Thanks a lot! I was pretty worried that the genre wouldn't be popular enough. In fact, I have to admit that I'm not exactly a big horror film fan myself, but there's something particularly interesting and even beautiful (in the most deranged way possible of course) about the design that goes into horror. So yeah, I'm really pleased the contest prompted such brilliant work, and a pretty good number of people caring enough to vote, so thanks all.

Anyhoo, I'm gonna leave the voting period open for one more day as I originally said I would, just in case we have any more last minute votes.

[notice]Voting is now closed.[/notice]

Thank you to everyone who entered, and also to those who voted too (the number of votes was pretty impressive).

The votes are as followed...
Chobek: 7
Quinion: 3
NeclordX: 2
TheHatter: 1

So congrachawelldone to Chobek! The challenge now moves to your hands - I look forward to seeing the theme you set for the next challenge.

Thanks to everyone!
Those who voted and participated and viewed! This competition was fun! ...And there were a lot of really cool characters created.

OK, I have the new theme but I wouldn't mind some advice on how long to let it run... I was thinking of running until March 3rd?. Does that sound about right?

And the theme is ...
A robot version of any Soul Calibur character....because I like robots ....

Back