Most Esteemed One-Shot Contest Thread.

Ooh, sounds fun! Had the idea for a steampunk style person for a while now. Perfect excuse to make one!
SOULCALIBUR2164_6_zps884c876e.png

Steam Tira!
SOULCALIBUR2164_2_zpsf799a333.png

Wanted to make a steampunk char for ages, and now, well, you get it. Heavy inspiration from Monster High's Robecca Steam for her. At first I was going to do cyber Talim, but chose Tira because her gloomy mood loks sorta' like she's running out of energy/steam.
SOULCALIBUR2164_3_zpsfea12864.png

TheHatter's Notes:
- As said before, Robecca Steam of Monster High was heavy inspiration for her.
- Seekers Gloves resemble a mechanised arm, so it was a natural choice.
- Probably really hard to see, but I did add some oil stains with Motif 88... I think it's Motif 88.
- Wanted to use the goggles for a steampunk look.
- Black blush was used to look like oil stains on her cheeks.
- Suns were place on her breastplate to represent time, which leads to my next point...
- Her time machine! One cog and a helmet ornament were used to make a time machine for her wrist. Adds to the robotic feel for her.
- The pocket sticker makes perfect metal; plates if placed correctly.
- Tragic Mask was used as a sort of metal plate. Let's just say after a battle she had damage to her face, so her creator (Who is unknown, by the way) added an extra metal plate, just to cover it up.
SOULCALIBUR2164_4_zps51f1d0ff.png

Steam Tira's time machine.
SOULCALIBUR2164_5_zpsb9141cc7.png

close up of the 'metal plates'.

>Wanted to make a steampunk char for ages, and now, well, you get it. Heavy inspiration from Monster High's Robecca Steam for her.

LOL... My name is Rebecca .... So ....I own that doll!
Nice!

This is the CAS that inspired the contest.... It started out as an experiment for the horror competition... then it turned into an Amy robot... a dilapidated one... and then I moved away from Amy a bit and just made her ...for her own sake. I still have an Amybot in the works ...and an Ivy... but I thought I would share this for now. (I will post the others on my own thread so it is not confusing. )
ambotdet.jpg
amybotcard.jpg
amybotfull.jpg
amybothead.jpg
amybotthanksyou.jpg
amybotweap.jpg

This is NOT an entry. I like the idea of the contest passing along.... so even if you would have, don't vote for me :)...
and a side note her colors seem way too amped she is a little less garish on my TV.

This is the CAS that inspired the contest.... It started out as an experiment for the horror competition... then it turned into an Amy robot... a dilapidated one... and then I moved away from Amy a bit and just made her ...for her own sake. I still have an Amybot in the works ...and an Ivy... but I thought I would share this for now. (I will post the others on my own thread so it is not confusing. )

This is NOT an entry. I like the idea of the contest passing along.... so even if you would have, don't vote for me :)...
and a side note her colors seem way too amped she is a little less garish on my TV.

Looks straight out of Bladerunner, like her a lot, garish or not, whimsical enough for me ;o)

Quinion, your robot would be so much better with halo rings eyes, if you got one slot left or can free one, the hollow eye sockets makes the face a bit too inexpressive (for a bot i know), the rest of the design is very good and robotic !

I followed the rules ! i followed the rules ! (giggles)...now, did i ? i MUST have missed smthg[/quote]

I was hoping those guys would show up for the robot party. Although, voting is going to be painful on this..... So many robots....

...hmmmm......

I guess to be fair, I should also allow a human Yoshimitsu....

Quinion ... I really like that your objects are positioned in a way that visually has a logic.... With Roboamy I was a little disappointed with myself because I used the gears for hair .... I liked the look of it but when I see the gears they seem like decoration... And it hits me as a bit superficial. With yours I like that the gears and the central screw make sense... Same goes for Hatter's Time machine .... That is a lovely bit of equipment .... the gear paired with the concept of time...cool
Very nice.
... It makes me feel a bit cheap.

Holy mother of Skynet! That's freaking awesome in more than one sense. Couldn't be more robot-like.

Chobek said:
SPOILER
Toggle Spoiler
ambotdet-jpg.28710
amybotcard-jpg.28711
amybotfull-jpg.28712
amybothead-jpg.28713
amybotthanksyou-jpg.28714
amybotweap-jpg.28715
@Chobek: Wow, that's just... Awesome! Now I'm starting to think I should get the skeleton DLC. Should I? And thanks for the thanks on Steam Tira.

Yeah, SERVOntes worked out OK, though went a little different from my original concept (which included the gas mask, but ended just looking like cervantes in a gas mask....go figure).

@Chobek, I get criticizing one's own work , but cheap? Perish the thought........the cogwheel Leia/almost Tira buns is genius,and the sticker work is awesome...far from cheap, a hard-fought CAS win... the right clothing choice too, the way the choker ties back into dress...I thought the biggest challenge was keeping the design whole, not parts floating randomly about in the vague shape of a human.....

Oh and @VILARCANE, what Chobek said....there's no way I'll trade the bolt (front torso strut) for something behind the eyes, though if i had four equip slots that would be my next move. Still and all, I kinda like the hollow face ...gives him that empty "ancient automaton" look. If there's anyhting I might revisit is trying to add some replica facial hair with a sticker...not realistic, but more decal on metal style.

Why not make it two if people have more stuff to show. Voting goes by creator not by individual CAS.

Oh, then I'll make a second entry as well.

During ages, the humanity has searched for an answer to the question: There is something more badass than a pirate?

And the answer was always in front of our nose

There is something more badass than a pirate? A Pirate Robot

pirate1_zps700f2924.jpg

pirate2_zpsea641e77.jpg

Don't take off your hat yet...
pirate3_zpsa448ef25.jpg

pirate4_zps4b7ee973.jpg

Back