• 52 damage, 65 damage on Clean Hit
  • -16 on block
  • KND + slide and pushback on NH/CH
  • Guard Burst in 7
  • Forces crouch on block
  • Recovers in FC
44A
  • 60 +/- damage (ground hit)
  • 70 +/- damage (Clean Hit + ground hit)
  • 77 damage (Tech Trap)
  • 90 +/- damage (Clean Hit + Tech Trap)
CH 11B
  • 62 damage (ground hit)
  • 70 +/- damage (tech trap)
WR AA
  • catches absolutely everything against everyone
6B
  • catches all but left and back tech
  • GI/JG-able against front tech
3KKB (last hit)
  • catches all but left tech
  • GI/JG-able on front and back tech
22*88A
  • catches all but left and back tech
  • GI/JG-able on front and back tech
CH 66K
  • catches all except left tech
  • GI/JG-able on front tech
SBH A
SCH k(BE)
SCH k(BE) ~ jagA
  • catches everything except left and right roll
Cervantes
  • 4b(BE) (force block only)
Pyrrha
  • 236B (no KND/AT)
  • CE
Pyrrha Ω
  • NS B - 31 damage (no KND/AT)
  • DNS B - 42 damage + KND (super tight window, no chance of DNS B4)
  • CE - 92 damage (if your opponent does this, punch them in the face and throw their controller across the room)
Critical Edge Only From All Ranges
  • Elysium
  • Hilde

At a glance, 66A+B appears to be the special limited edition flavor of 66B. They're both slow, high damage, ground hitting mids that are safer when used at tip, knock down on Normal and Counter Hit, force crouch for both the blocking opponent and Siegfried, and Guard Burst fairly quickly. There are, however, a few differences between the two moves that should influence how and when you use each.

66A+B does more damage. This is in-general, as there are specific scenarios that paints one move as more applicable than the other, but looking at the general picture 66A+B does more damage in more situations. Even taking Clean Hits into account, with 66A+B giving Clean Hit much less frequently than 66B, 66B's Clean Hit damage only matches 66A+B's normal hit damage. I speculate that this is almost certainly because of 66A+B's numerous undesirable properties compared to 66B.

66A+B does more guard damage. In a game where Siegfried can get very good damage post Guard Burst, breaking in two less hits is an extremely big deal. Similarly to 66B, it leaves you in Full Crouch for a WR (B) combo starter, simplifying the process for you immensely. Using it in situations that it's absolutely guaranteed is a must if you want to get frequent Guard Bursts, and keep your opponent on their toes about their Guard Meter.

66A+B is safer. This is absolute - 66A+B is safer from any range than 66B would be at that same range. For some characters, like those who can only punish either move with their CE like Hilde or Algol, this distinction is meaningless. For others that can get extremely good damage on 66B from normal punishes at certain distances, this is an important distinction. This also makes application post CH WR AA or SBH A much easier, since you're sometimes right next to them after hit, allowing your opponent to punish 66B as -22 instead of it being safer at distance. Being -16, it's still punishable up close, but your opponent needs to have a relatively fast punisher from FC, and depending on range, a relatively fast long range punisher - the number of moves that fit all these criteria are much less than the moves that can punish 66B.

66A+B has a different risk attached to it. Both 66A+B and 66B are extremely slow, and if your opponent is playing defensively enough, can Just Guard or Guard Impact either of them with ease. At tip range, the punishment someone can get post Guard Impact is generally going to be much less and much more telegraphed than if they had done it up close - situations using Critical Edges post Impact notwithstanding. However, 66A+B puts Siegfried in an aerial state post Impact, which guarantees that you're taking 52 damage against most of the cast, and possibly more depending on if your back is to a wall or not - Astaroth especially can blow you up extremely hard for this. Be mindful of your surroundings when using it, lest you want to end up as the victim in someone's Skill Project video.

66A+B does a poor job of catching rollers. There is no situation I can find where 66A+B catches a roll that 66B cannot, though there are certainly numerous situations that 66B catches rolls that 66A+B doesn't even attempt to track.

66A+B is weak to Siegfried's right. The move already has next to no tracking, but the move is especially weak to Siegfried's right. If your opponent doesn't know anything about the moves or setups except that they should move left, they can evade a lot of setups that catch other directions.

66A+B has odd hitbox issues at tip/mid range. Try to do 3A ~ 66A+B, with 3A hitting at the closest range. If the opponent does not tech or just holds G, it's a combo for 60 damage - a 15 damage improvement over the regular 3A combo. However, if they tech at all, the move whiffs entirely. This sounds normal, but this includes teching forward into the move - it still whiffs even though they're teching into the move, which makes no sense whatsoever. This problem can be fixed by forcing the opponent into a corner, making the move hit at close range, but it's important to be mindful of how it hits at distances.

In conclusion, 66A+B is similar in application to 66B, though they both have strengths and weaknesses that don't make one an obvious choice over the other 100% of the time. In the situations that it's guaranteed, like after CH WR AA, it's a definite winner, but in situations where the opponent has a chance to roll it's a gamble to use. If you think you've conditioned your opponent well enough, or are just plain lucky, then this is the move for you.

Nice breakdown! Ah the anti 1A move from SCIV online. I still do it on auto sometimes when smells like low attack coming. (Not sure if still equally effective though.)

How would you rate it compared to his other jump/TJ moves?

Herrow. I've been implementing this move into my game a lot lately, seeing as how the reward far outweighs the risk, and I've been poking around with Post 66A+B on hit. It's a huge haymaker move and all, but you are most definitely at advantage on hit, even though you are both knocked to the ground. I decided to fool around and see what I can do to make people stay grounded for an extra hit. If you can train yourself to look for the tech roll, you can actually wake up after 66A+B, run up into max throw range, and throw. This will act as a true tech trap, much like Ivy/Astaroth's CE's.

Dat Magnet Gauntlets. (When I say max throw range, I mean like, barely a shimmy forward after 66A+B) Be mindful of your positioning, though. If you are more than 1/1.5 character lengths away, you will have to sprint in pretty far, but it will still tech catch. Use your best judgement whether to throw it out anywhere other than max range.

I know most or all characters can throw catch on tech with some moves, but it's nice to know that this already awesome move can lead to even more damage (115 on B throw w/clean hit) if they are hit, and decide to tech up. If not, 3b, another 66A+B to wear down their guard meter/sanity, whatever. Point is: You have very good Okizeme after this move. Have fun with it! Keep in mind that people like to tech after getting hit by 66A+B.

I would advise only going for side-techs. Neutral guard wake-up is very fast, and difficult to see in comparison. Go for a quick mix-up like 1K or 3K to keep them on their toes if you notice a neutral tech. The beauty of this little mix-up is, you can pretty much hit confirm the most viable options your opponent has. You can clearly see whether they side tech or not, and apply necessary mix-up after. If you get this often enough, your opponent may start to get snippy. This is when they will start to do stupid shit. This is where things get fun.

On back/forward tech you will get a free WS (B) into dirty damage combo.
SCH k BE, CE- 170
SCH k BE, iagA w/clean hit - 152

When they stay down, take your free hit, and proceed as normal.

Note: These traps also work after the tech traps posted above by Heaton, though this requires some confirmation as to your axis in relation to your opponent to determine how far you need to sprint in.

Shit, should I just make a post in the tech trap thread? Move it if you need to, but this was mainly about post 66A+B.

I'm finding more things relate to this than I thought. The same mix-up can also be applied for post 66B tech trap. For example, CH 4B gives you a quick 50 dmg or so if you 3B after. Not a big deal. You can CE also - but it's still scaled a bit more than I'd like - so why not go for more mix-up? After a very short delay post CH 4B, you can tech catch in all directions with 66B, after which you will get the very same throw tech trap as before - except WS B will not catch them in time if they decide to back tech again, which they won't unless they're reading this thread... ;D

One more thing... 4B stuns at the wall after iagA wall splat. I'll let you put 2 and 2 together. >;)

Back