Move Spamming?

HiguraShiki

[10] Knight
When I play Raphael and Hilde, I noticed that a few people got very upset at me saying I was spamming moves. For example:

As Raphael, one person got upset because I used the 6BB-B(A+B+K) move whenever I was able to land it. The person kept complaining that I was nothing but a spammer and they have no respect for me.

As Hilde, this happened two more times. One time I was up against a Nightmare that was destroying me. However I made a huge comeback and won. He was complaining because at one point, he was very close to me, and I used 4A three times in a row and ended up killing him. Then he proceeded to say how incredibly lucky I was, mocked me a bit, stated how I should quit the spamming because then it means my win record is BS and how I need to chill, etc.

The most recent incident happened as Hilde again. I used her charge combos a lot whenever my enemy was clearly open for me to do a charge move. Also, whenever he was open, I would go for my Critical Edge since it is great at countering. One of the people continued to complain that I was just a spammer and how it was really lame. After that I switched to Raphael, felt bad and instead mixed all my moves up. I ended up winning and the host just ended the lobby.

How do you feel about using certain combos/moves a lot? Do you feel what I did was stupid?

How about some perspective?

Who is the idiot here: the guy who used a move 3 times in a row, or the idiot who got hit with the move 3 times in a row?

SC is not a "my turn then your turn" kind of game. Just because he blocked doesn't mean it's his turn to attack.

tl;dr: There is no such thing as spamming. Anyone who says otherwise is a bad player. Mock them relentlessly.

Honestly, i will keep spamming BB if you keep trying to attack after getting hit. Why wouldn't I? The game mechanics itself discourage it:

Blocking will make you lose your frame advantage.

Throws are slow that fast moves will beat you out, even at advantage.

Mixups will probably be slower than BB (hence why it's a mixup) or less effective.

Makes sense?

Yeah Raphael is more likely to be called a spammer than maxi in this game lol.

If you are a nice guy like me you can explain it to them without stripping them of their dignity and direct them to this 8wayrun.com forum so they could improve.

Works out pretty good for me.

I got booted from a player match lobby earlier after playing only one match. I sent the person who booted me a message saying "Something I said?" and he replied that I was spamming and proceeded to call me a child, etc.

I was playing as Viola...

I got booted from a player match lobby earlier after playing only one match. I sent the person who booted me a message saying "Something I said?" and he replied that I was spamming and proceeded to call me a child, etc.

I was playing as Viola...
well a lot of viola users do use that launcher combo and that's it for the most part. i was complained on because i was using tira and did a punishing combo that eats away 45 to 50% health. i did it like three times in a row. he was using seig so what am i supposed to do against a guy that swings a gigantic sword, that inflicts a lot of damage, like a twig? if anyone should be complaining then it should have been me at how much faster seig is compared to most of the cast and the obvious damage difference.

one thing that got on my nerves about seigs is one stance he has (the one with the sword down to his side). it has too very unpredictable out comes.

1. the quick low kick that stuns the victim no matter what and is easily followed up with another hard hit

2. the triple vertical slashes.

my prob with these is the fear of number 2. when he goes into that move he sort of ducks down. so I'm thinking number 1 is coming and duck then BOOM triple anti-low guaranteed combo. i can't side step because what if he does that horizontal kick? i eat run counter damage. what can i do? Yoshi has a similar tactic with his teleporting low slash or launch kick. need some advice.

one thing that got on my nerves about seigs is one stance he has (the one with the sword down to his side). it has too very unpredictable out comes.

1. the quick low kick that stuns the victim no matter what and is easily followed up with another hard hit

my prob with these is the fear of number 2. when he goes into that move he sort of ducks down. so I'm thinking number 1 is coming and duck then BOOM triple anti-low guaranteed combo. i can't side step because what if he does that horizontal kick? i eat run counter damage. what can i do? Yoshi has a similar tactic with his teleporting low slash or launch kick. need some advice.

Not sure how applicable my advice would be... since this is derived from a sophie player in sc4 facing lots of decent EU Seigs...

...however, I do feel it might be, since it relates to his SHH stance and you're within range of the little kick.

Therefore the best thing you can do 1st is to ensure you're not within range of the kick whilst he's in the stance. However, if you've been forced into range of the kick... DO NOT FREEZE! >_< I would say, you're best course of action here is to interupt with something fast like a 2A (or a jumping attack if you're so worried about the low K) to get him out of stance in the 1st place... then the onus will be on him, since you're now on advantage and within decent close range mixup opportunity...

Or better yet... throw him if you can... ^_^

Hope this helps... ^_~

well a lot of viola users do use that launcher combo and that's it for the most part.

Haha yeah 'cause those launcher combos are where Viola's "big" damage comes from. And by big I mean she puts out the same amount of damage from a 10 hit combo that most characters put out from coughing onto one another.

So yeah, those combos do get used frequently because basically everything else she has is just chip damage.

Regardless, I don't just sit there spamming 3B hoping to catch them with the launcher. I do what I can with Viola's move set to open them up for the launcher, or, I try to get them close enough to the edge of the ring so I can grab into a ring out.

me vs some topclass ezio in PSN sc5 ranked online...

seriously though, OP...

well...that actually was a ranked online match.

idlemind is right here. watch the video. sure, i only did one move for 95% of the match, but who cares? who does that speak more about...

me, who mashed one button...or him, who couldn't even deal with me mashing one button?

in a game with decent to very good netcode like this one, or in an offline game, anyone who complains about anything being "cheap" is almost certainly a bad player.

there are CE setups, tech traps, safe gimmicks, BE combos and the like, which may in the long run actually end up being overpowered or "cheap", but we still don't know what they may be.

crying on PSN or (even worse) here on 8wr about doing 2 moves, ringing out, throwing or employing any other fundamental or insultingly repetitive tactics because you lose to them means that you are both bad at the game and a bad sport in general.

I LOLed at this!

Top class laming taken to a whole new level as usual Lobo. though I prefer the ol SC4 Sophie kick infinite... gosh I miss that moves' old juggle properties... =/

Anyways, I'm pretty sure you got hate PM spam from the top class Eizo after that... >_<

seriously though, OP...

well...that actually was a ranked online match.

idlemind is right here. watch the video. sure, i only did one move for 95% of the match, but who cares? who does that speak more about...

me, who mashed one button...or him, who couldn't even deal with me mashing one button?

in a game with decent to very good netcode like this one, or in an offline game, anyone who complains about anything being "cheap" is almost certainly a bad player.

there are CE setups, tech traps, safe gimmicks, BE combos and the like, which may in the long run actually end up being overpowered or "cheap", but we still don't know what they may be.

crying on PSN or (even worse) here on 8wr about doing 2 moves, ringing out, throwing or employing any other fundamental or insultingly repetitive tactics because you lose to them means that you are both bad at the game and a bad sport in general.
Oh god I lol'd so much.
I would like that post 10 times if I could. By far it has to be the funniest match I have seen. And was he really high leveled?

LOL! Well, I'll usually feel bad about doing the same move more than twice in a row. Not anymore. I've found that most spams can be spammed right back anyway. Forcing the opponent to change up or die.

well a lot of viola users do use that launcher combo and that's it for the most part. i was complained on because i was using tira and did a punishing combo that eats away 45 to 50% health. i did it like three times in a row. he was using seig so what am i supposed to do against a guy that swings a gigantic sword, that inflicts a lot of damage, like a twig? if anyone should be complaining then it should have been me at how much faster seig is compared to most of the cast and the obvious damage difference.

As a fellow tira player, I've found Updraft to nicely counter a lot of stance tricks. Few stances offer any kind of mobility and your only real risk is if you over-estimate how far your Updraft will take you. Against Yoshi doing teleport stuff, you'll pretty much always miss each other and your BT moves are better than Yoshi's.

So far the more my oponent was spamming the worse he got beaten up the last 3 rounds.

I get easily overwhelmed for the first round not expecting someone to do something like lobo did in the vid up there (showing what spamming really means), but after preparing it usually ended with 2 or 3 perfects while they were trying to continue spamming 4B with Xiba, A+G with Astaroth (I was surprised as well, some people really try spamming this although there are far better options with Asta), 1AA with Siegfried, 22B with Hilde etc.

I personally find playing Natsu (sometimes even Ezio) to be the best against such spam-waves, and totally get destroyed when playing Viola -_-. Somehow can't get into her style so far...

So far the more my oponent was spamming the worse he got beaten up the last 3 rounds.

I get easily overwhelmed for the first round not expecting someone to do something like lobo did in the vid up there (showing what spamming really means), but after preparing it usually ended with 2 or 3 perfects while they were trying to continue spamming 4B with Xiba, A+G with Astaroth (I was surprised as well, some people really try spamming this although there are far better options with Asta), 1AA with Siegfried, 22B with Hilde etc.

I personally find playing Natsu (sometimes even Ezio) to be the best against such spam-waves, and totally get destroyed when playing Viola -_-. Somehow can't get into her style so far...

anyone with an aGI is brutal against a spammer.

Back