~ Murasame's Corner of CAS ~

Some nice custom characters that fit well with the rest of the cast even with the Nime influence. While I'm not against Uriel, Ryo, and Ayumi, Uriel doesn't exactly fit in as much as the others and I don't understand why the latter two have Japanese names. They'd be nice inan original world like my characters will be.

Uriel's one of the only characters that doesn't seem to have much (if not at all) connection to the main cast and the two swords, that's why (except the fact that she was sealed in the Lost Cathedral from SC3). She has, however, direct connection to another of my CAS: Ayumi, both having this power named "Rem".

As for Ryo and Ayumi having Japanese names, though I already told everything in the first post, I'll say it again. In anime, Japanese people can have blonde to blue hair, with purple eyes and shits like that. The two of them are based on OCs I made for a story, and though they are both supposedly Japanese, they both have unrealistic genes. The anime world is a very colorful one ;D

I'll chime in to say my CAS Rei has short purple hair which was insipred by Ayane from DOA which is practically anime culture somewhat.

Imho, it's okay to have anime hair. As long as it's not too overdone.

Imho, it's okay to have anime hair. As long as it's not too overdone.
Is all about how one is able to keep it legit
Just watch Cervantes and Ivy, both deadly serious char with zero herp derp anime factor, both with light purple hairs :D
Imho a lot depend on the character quality,if as concept is yet herpderpish, anime hairs may be teh final blow... if is a quality one and the strange colour have some sense,why not :D

Another good example is Samurai Shodown, they use a lot of anime colors (example as we say for the hairs), but theyr style is serious
That approach can work on SC, i will welcome any SS characters to be guest :D

Hanzo FTW :D

Here are two CAS I did, but I still haven't thought of a bio-story for them, so I'm just posting these here and when I'll have the opportunity/ideas, I'll provide more "official screenshots" of them along with their bio (similarly to what I did with previous CAS).

EDIT: Pictures and bio in further post. Please scroll down.

These CaS's are exceptional! Ayumi's my favorite for the armored schoolgirl look. You've got a knack for matching colors without making the outfits look like janitor uniforms. Your writing is quite good too. However, I feel that it wouldn't hurt to lighten up a bit. Not everybody's got to be flawlessly tragic like the Twilight chars.

Much appreciated! Liking the term "armored schoolgirl" haha.
As for the "lighten up", most aren't tragic to begin with. Sure, Marian and Helma have family issues, Noa wants to see her friend again, and Adaeze has a thirst for revenge, but Yuuka's a malfested master (who is willing to train others to master themselves), Yunfei's just chasing after Yoshimitsu, Masamune's a wanderer like Mitsurugi, and Ryo's just trying hard to be a hero, and doesn't have a clear definition of his past.

Tragedy talks about extreme sorrow, so the only ones really fitting in that definition would be Helma and Adaeze. Sorry for the long text. I often feel that things need clearing up as precisely as possible.

Katherine seems a female version of Altair/Ezio XD
Nice job making her ^ ^
She's too much of a baby face to be a female version of those assassins!

Your CAS' are always so amazing! Keep up the good work! Also - The last two are my absolute favorites. (katherine and alexis).

Your CAS' are always so amazing! Keep up the good work! Also - The last two are my absolute favorites. (katherine and alexis).
Thanks! I just finished writing their bios as well as tweaking them a bit (especially Alexis' face). If you're interested, give the following part a view/reading ;D

Alexis
In the Loiret department of France, everyone knew about "The Shadow of Meung," an elegant fencer who never lost a duel. Some warriors underestimated her as nothing more than a fake, since she was working in the inn as a maid. That was until these armed men tried harassing her and, as a result, got beaten into a pulp by the woman herself, who only used a broomstick. Though her reputation may sound intimidating for some, she's actually quite admired. People often wondered how she was so well-versed in the language of war, even with regular training, but the secret lied under the fact that she was also a veteran bounty hunter.

One day, a young lady in a hood entered the inn, asking to meet Alexis. She challenged the Shadow into a duel, which people from the inn responded with a laughter, except for the fencer herself. When she got her gears ready, the two of them clashed their blades in a fiery battle, which surprisingly ended up in a draw. Knowing she got her full attention, the little girl, introduced as Katherine, revealed her intention: she needed the Shadow of Meung to help Wyverndust prevent an imminent cataclyst. "Years ago, it was Talim, and now you? I wonder why I attract schoolgirls so much." She gave it some thought before telling her final answer. "Alright, I shall dance with you for a while, little kitty."
1P (The Shadow of Meung)
Alexis 1P 1.png

Alexis 1P 2.png

2P (Dame-sur-Loire)
Alexis 2P 1.png

Alexis 2P 2.png

Alexis 2P 3.png

Katherine
She lost her memories at an earlier time; the only clear things she could remember from her past was her name, and a murderous woman with a ring blade. She didn't know why, but she could recall every inch of her movements, and had ever since been training to imitate the fighting style of the memory. Now a member of Wyverndust, Katherine's a very smart and skillful girl in spite of her age. Her intellect and abilities made her useful as a scout and messenger for the most part, but she could also handle herself well in battle.

"Would you stop following me everywhere as if I had a leash, little kitty?" Alexis, a French bounty hunter who traveled with Katherine ever since the latter requested her help in the war to come, wasn't always too happy of her company. "You call me kitty, but you're the one always acting like a stray cat," she said while giggling. The woman sighed, but smiled back while ruffling the young girl's hair. An unlikely duo headed to the East, towards Denevér Castle.
1P (Wyverdust Messenger)
Katherine 1P 1.png

Katherine 1P 2.png

2P (Scout Maiden)
Katherine 2P 1.png

Katherine 2P 2.png

For Alexis, I was obviously inspired by The Three Musketeers. You'll get a cookie if you notice all the references I made to that novel. I also got inspired by the character Train Heartnet, from the manga Black Cat, for her color scheme, hence the "stray cat" reference and bell collar (those who know this manga will understand better). I'll put in a spoiler tag the references I made to the novel if you are interested:
Meung-sur-Loire is a commune in the Loiret department of France. It is also where d'Artagnan, main character of The Three Musketeers, encountered the antagonist Comte de Rochefort in an inn. That's why Alexis's nicknamed "The Shadow of Meung." She's also working in that same inn. Her 2P is a direct reference to the commune's name.

Wow Oo they are all very impressive. like... a brand or something simply good quality
my favorites are helma of kaiser and some of the noa's (the blind one for example)

also like the many violet/purple-ish colours you used for many cas!

my gf also wanted me to add that she liked noa (casual day) the most
she wanted to use the hat since the first day but had no ideas so far ^.^

Yuuka 2P (Malfested Control)
Yuuka 2P 1.png

Yuuka 2P 2.png
The main premise was to play with the black and white palette with gradients. Since she's a malfested but learned complete control over the evil energy, I liked the idea of using the two "color". As mentioned in the previous post, I was also inspired by Jin Kazama himself.

Edited a previous post to add her 2P too.

Back