My biggest gripe with Pyrrha Omega

MuffinMan123

[10] Knight
Even though SC5 was selling Pyrrha Omega as the berserk Greek style fighter, a lot of her moves don't look vicious enough. When Nightmare and Siegfried were separated into 2 different characters, Nightmare's move list is more aggressive and violent compare to Siegfried in both attack animations and sound effects.

Pyrrha omega on the other hand straight copied a lot of stuff from Sophitha and Cassandra without changing the girly attack animations. so what we ended up getting is a bad ass berserker in appearance only, who yells at the top her lungs while doing cutesy girly swings.
when soul edge possesses a host, the fighting style is supposed to become "memories of soul edge", it's disappointing that soul edge only remembers Greek fighting style as a girly sport.

I mean yeah Pyrrha omega's idle stance, NS B4, CE and a couple of Sophi/Cass moves all worked out pretty well, but then there are her side throw, backturned B+K, 1K, 3K, DNS K, 44B, 2nd hit of BB, 66B+KAB, and some subtle cutesy gestures in most of her moves.

so ok, project soul only copied animations without changing them, but Cassandra and Sophitha still have tons of moves that look bad ass violent instead of girly, so many good options to choose from, but pyrrha omega didn't get the best ones.

hell, patroklos's entire moveset looks more fitting for a soul edge greek berserker than pyrrha omega's movtlist.

Last edited:
Agreed. Not much else to say. I have many other reasons why I detest the design of this character, from the costume design all the way down to the move list itself.

Pat was more interesting as a move list simply because it was entirely new. Taking a few moves from 2 characters and mashing them together is not what I would call creative.

I mean let's face it: her entire game revolves around stabbing. Everything else is just filler moves that lead to more stabbing in combo's.

Effective? No doubt. Boring? totally.

Basically I see her as Sophitia. She's almost the same anyway. Stab Stab Stab all freakin' day long. I personally don't really see Cassandra at all in her, but that's just me, since the majority of the community says otherwise.

I'll end by saying that she's definitely not the only character with a piss-poor design :)

tumblr_inline_nbl4b0zGE91rn57zv.gif

Her moves are bestowed upon her by the gods. It's not about being a berserker. It's about being a marionette for the gods, and by damn, they need a fighter that has girly flourishes. So if you hate that, you better be careful or else Hephaestus may kick your ass.

Her moves are bestowed upon her by the gods. It's not about being a berserker.
Pyrrha Omega's move set isn't bestowed by the gods when she's using Soul Edge. Pyrrha herself doesn't know how to fight, so without her mother's weapons, she can't access the divine moveset (She still has Sophitia's shield though, not sure how that works).

I am solely complaining about Omega's lack of uniqueness from her normal self and past Greek characters. This wasn't a problem for Nightmare and Siegfried when they became 2 separate characters.

Last edited:
Siegfried's moves weren't granted by the gods. Aeon retained his even after being turned into a mindless lizard man. There is no debate here. Gods wanted Pyrrha to flounce about, and by gods, she will.

Gods wanted Pyrrha to flounce about, and by gods, she will.
If that's true, regular Pyrrha couldn't possibly be clumsy when the gods are controlling the way she moves. I still think Soul Edge would have stronger control of its host than gods when it's in direct physical contact with its host.

Really SE just remembers the styles of its wielders. There's no real reason she'd change up her style much for that. SE would have to respect the style that keeps ending it.

All I am saying is that a Soul Edge wielder should be a complete 100% bad ass, but Omega was only badass on the surface when her moveset was only half way there. I am not looking for in game justification for her moveset, I just feel there wasn't enough effort to make her embody Soul Edge and stand out from her normal self and Greek relatives.

Last edited:
Siegfried's moves weren't granted by the gods. Aeon retained his even after being turned into a mindless lizard man. There is no debate here. Gods wanted Pyrrha to flounce about, and by gods, she will.

Aeon's skills were his own and he possessed them before being chosen by Hephaestus. He was also never completely mindless.

The only characters with no natural swordplay skill in the series are the Alexandra females.

So yeah, you're right, the girly floundering style is actually from Hephaestus... who knowing what a jerk he is in these games, thought girly moves was the best way to go.

Also, the reason why Pyrrha mostly uses the same moves as Omega is that it's what little swordplay she learned.

I have only one problem with Pyrrha and Pyrrha Omega.

The nut stab.

Perhaps a very good player doesn't necessarily need to use it, but it seems to me that her entire style is focused around destroying your nut sack.

Then, after your testicles are bruised, battered and destroyed, she finishes it all off with an apology.

This is not intended to be funny. This is a very serious problem.

Back