My favorite time of year!

Berry beers taste good to me the first sip. The second sip I'm done.

Capital Brewery is a better brewery in Wisconsin than Leiny, IMO

Great Lakes out of Ohio is one of my favorites, as is New Belgium out of CO and Anchor from San Fran. A friend sends me Deschutes out of OR and I can't really say that I have tasted better.

Yikes... I do not like Leinenkugel's at all. I've tried most of them, the worst being Berry Weiss.

All of those beers seem to have a very unnaturally high 'sweet factor' that doesn't agree with me.

Yeah, berry weiss is pretty gross. It's good at first, but have more than one of them and it's gut rot city. I like honey Weiss because the honey is extremely subtle, and not very expensive, you could say it's my staple cheap beer. Like I said, some of them are a bit much, but Sunset Wheat, Honey Weiss, and Classic Amber are pretty good.

Capital Brewery is a better brewery in Wisconsin than Leiny, IMO

I had forgotten about Capitol Brewery! I agree, their beer is good, though I've only really had island wheat, I like it very much. My favorite Wisconsin Brew is still Spotted Cow though.

I'm certainly not a beer geek, unless there are extreme differences in taste and consistency I generally group beers into 3 categories: Good, Tolerable, and Bad....but really, the only beer I refuse to drink is Keystone

Autumn is all about the beer. Hell, even the leaves turn beer colors!

The lady and I will be heading down the road to Bavarian Lodge in Lisle, IL to drink in Oktoberfest in proper fashion. They have an extensive, changing beer list, focused on quality imports and craft-brewed domestic beers. Some of our favorites we've enjoyed there (no particular order):

Surly Brewery - Bitter Brewer
Surly Brewery - Bender
New Holland Brewery - Existential Hop Wine
New Holland Brewery - The Poet
Brouwerij Huyghe - Delirium Noel
Brouwerij Huyghe - Delirium Tremens

We love to grab a fresh pint or growler from our hometown brewpub Emmett's Ale House on a semi-regular basis, as well.

... Mmmmm ... need beer now ...

BITCH! IT'LL GET YOU DrUNK !

12192dave20chappelle20as20samuel20L.jpg

Oh my......

This is the shit right here. It was a rough week so I went and picked up some different Oktoberfest beers on the company dime. I'm sitting at my desk drinking this and I cannot believe how good it is.

lhoktoberfest.jpg

Back