My Soul Cal is freezing

Mandritti

[09] Warrior
Curious issue , and quite annoying.
Whoops, meant to say it's X360. I'd put that in the title if I could.

Still in the course of gathering data on it, but basically, a few days ago it tells me my data is corrupted. So.... delete, try again... it's never loading. It says "loading" past the title screen and does nothing. Or would sometimes make it past that but never load the character select screen. And each time, the save file becomes corrupt.

I deleted the saves, and tried installing the game to HDD. I also cleared cache. Redownloaded patches for SCV. Now the issue is that it never loads.... for the profile I was using. The game seems to be running fine for another profile.
It isn't exactly great to play in that profile since it's not... well... mine.

Is there a diagnosis? It's like the machine just stops trying to load, or forgets what it's doing and waits. It's most shocking when I go to, say, the BGM settings options, and the screen is there but the stages don't come up. After the menu music finishes its loop, the game goes silent, but it's still animating the background , and telling me what my buttons should be doing. I can use the Xbox button to quit to dashboard , thankfully.

Really prefer to hear it's a problem I can fix myself. Throwing another $150 at something is not going to make my day.

Back