Natsu Combo Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleMind

BANNED FOREVER
As combos are discovered, feel free to add/discuss them here. They will be added to the Combo Listing thread shortly after they are posted.

Please post combos using the notation or arrow key/button symbols.

Definition of Combo

A Combo is a series of attacks that if hit in the manner described cannot be escaped by the opposing player as long as they are performed correctly.

Escaping means Air Control, Blocking, Techrolling, Stun Shaking or other means of avoiding being hit.

Moves used after one another in sequence are not combos, those are strings or chains.

Note that tech catches are not combos either, and should be posted in the Natsu Tech Trap Discussion thread. The followups hits (if any) are considered a combo however.

All combos listed in this discussion will be added to the Natsu Combo List and are subject to testing by SA mods before being put there. If possible, please test them yourself before posting them.

Also if possible, please post a damage listing for the combo. If the damage varies (such as in the case of a combo that hits whether the opponent techs or not), post both damages, noting the conditions under which the damage is different.

Please do also look at the Natsu Combo List before posting a combo, maybe it's already been found.

4A+B, 234 234 A+B+K4, 66, 8B+G = 132 guaranteed damage @.@

and it's so easy to pull off... almost seems unfair if you catch someone slipping on this one.

3B A6_A:6 4A+B
22B A+B 4A+B (credit to motempest for this one)
22B 66B BE 4A+B
CH 22A 6A+B PO A:6 3KKK 4A+B
4B FC A+B 4A+B
CH 4B 3KKK 4A+B (6A+B doesn't work in this combo unfortunately)
6A+B FC A+B 4A+B
CH 6A+B PO A:6 3KKK 4A+B

you can replace 4A+B with 1A if you're near enough. 1A is more damaging but 4A+B into PO gives you mixup options.

CH WS K 6A+B4 A:6 3KKK FC A+B 89 dmg

Got from motempest. He added a walljump in there bt not sure how to do that yet.

FC A+B is normally better not to combo after imo unless the followup kills because the ground stun sets up some really sick oki.

I think the wall jump you're talking about is just a regular 44K but the opponent's back is near a wall. Natsu automatically pushes off the wall after stomping on her opponent and follows up with a kick (can't remember if you have to hit K again). Or does she have another one wall jump attack?

EDIT: The input is 44K(K)

the timing is a little tight, but essentially the A+B has to be immediate. it should hit even off-axis.

Thx for the quick answer !
I think I know what was my problem : Leixia.
Tested it on Raphael : Worked everytime
Tested it on Siegfried : Worked everytime
Tested it on Natsu : Worked 1/10 times
Tested it on Leixia : Never worked

Saitoh said that the BL K after Maxi's side throw doesn't work either on Leixia and Natsu (+ some other chars) so I guess some characters will have their own combos.

Btw, if you imput A+B twice quickly after 22_88B it works everytime with no timing.

BK PO B+K = 48 (seen people tech out but still get hit by PO B+K)

66B~A+B+K* FC A+B 44KK = 74-85 +/- (Botk Ks will land better with 33/99B)

A+B* FC A+B* 44KK = 74 +/-

4A+B RCC A+B* FC A+B* 44KK = 87 +/-

PO 8B WS K 6A+B PO A:6 3KKK* FC A+B 44KK = 112 +/-
PO 8A (one hit) WS K 6A+B PO A:6 3KKK* FC A+B, 44KK = 99+/-
*Can end with K2 wherever asterisk is for less damge.

4A+B CE4 PO 8B+G = 128

30-50% no CH. These are her staples in my opinion.

A:6 WS! 6A+B4 A:6 3KKK FC A+B 44K 140-150 dmg depending on how the wall hits

You can do 33_99K and your like -1 so if you do an immediate A:6 it will be anything besides an AA or fast tech crouch move setting this up. Sure you might get punished on block with AA (I know Ezio's BB can't punish it) but that's really low risk for that much damage against the wall.

Edit: Man Ezio is slow for some reason he can't even AA out of it. He'll clash. This trap really bullies him bad. Most others can AA.

If they are ducking agains the wall use 22_88B as it's also only A punishable and will wallsplat for the same combo just not including the first A:6. This one only deals 120.

Should make people afraid to press buttons near the wall as that's monstrous damage.

Regarding the PO 8B WS K 6A+B PO A:6 3KKK* FC A+B 44KK = 112 i was able to get it off once in training mode (happy) is there any timing to it or just do it?

In the lab now and i see the problem for i dont wait for A and i just rush to the :6 gotta stop that once i get that there shouldnt be problem with it

Also when you cancel into PO you can wait a period of time just make sure the A hits

BK PO B+K = 48 (seen people tech out but still get hit by PO B+K)

66B~A+B+K* FC A+B 44KK = 74-85 +/- (Botk Ks will land better with 33/99B)

A+B* FC A+B* 44KK = 74 +/-

4A+B RCC A+B* FC A+B* 44KK = 87 +/-

PO 8B WS K 6A+B PO A:6 3KKK* FC A+B 44KK = 112 +/-
PO 8A (one hit) WS K 6A+B PO A:6 3KKK* FC A+B, 44KK = 99+/-
*Can end with K2 wherever asterisk is for less damge.

4A+B CE4 PO 8B+G = 128

30-50% no CH. These are her staples in my opinion.

How do you transfer into FC in these combos ? For instance after 3kkk or a+b i'm not forced into fc and cant figure out how to get into it.

BT A+B --> 66A+B BE --> FC A+B --> 4A+B

Nice 82 damage with PO Rush for wake-up

Unfortunately her amazing BT game was nerfed. You can still throw from BT, but you can't A+G~BE throw from backturned. And BT 2K no longer knocks down.

BT A+B is still amazing though

"There is no escape from the Dragon!"

Ok so I'm not used to the way you're supposed to list the commands.... I have played Soul Calibur IV though so I was easily able to catch back on to the gameplay.

Day 1 combo mix up I found that cost 1 meter was B B, <-A+B, Super as opponent almost hits the ground, back, forward, forward, quarter circle back for stance change, then hold A+B for the brave edge skill thing (unblockable) as they wake up. I called it "There is no escape from the Dragon!" or of course after the back, forward forward, you could do the flip grab. It's OP imo, and results in a ring out from mid screen on most maps >_<. I felt sry for my opponents =( lol.

Hey Guys. Yea just hold 2G then A+B, so like 2gA+B

The idea behind ending combos with K2 instead of 44KK is to not ring yourself out.

If you do a 44KK with added Wall K, another Poison Dart or K2 is available. K2 for better wakeup

K2 can whiff if opponent is far away. I'm ending combos with 4A+B -> PO instead. It actually double as a tech trap that can relaunch, and PO give you strong mix up games on wake up.

CH 22_88K 6A+B4 A:6 3KKK K2

CH 22_88K 66B BE 4A+B6(tech trap) 8B+G 184=monstrous damage

CH 22_88A AAB

Edit: I got the second one twice but it seems a bit inconsistent. Will have to test it more. I can't be due to a wall because I did it in the middle of the ring.

Edit2: it seems depending on which way your opponent tech rolls determines if you will realign for the air grab or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back