Natsu Questions And Answers / General Discussion

All good points. To be honest I forgot Natsu even had a ring out game aside from BE A+G and a 66b BE near the corners. I'm starting to try and utilize A:6 more as a means of punishment. Hardest part is hitting the JF in an actual battle as opposed to training mode, which I'm sure will come with experience.

As far as 33k, I don't really use this one too much. I do 3kk more because it's safe. 33k however I may occasionally throw out to see if the opponent is sleeping. I put the move in the same category as 3A which I also find kind of useless. But maybe someone here has the inside scoop.

It was Hawkeye who said that. I think he meant it as an anti-wake up option for people who like to roll into a wake up.

Really? I haven't been able to 66b that move after blocking it. Frame-wise it makes sense, but I always seemed to get pushed back too far for it to hit in time. Or that could just be the latency from playing online.

aB has super-short blockstun so it is a bit hard to punish sometimes, online lag doesn't help your case either :/

If I had to take a whack at this question, I would say the first thing would be to learn her punishes and otherwise safe-er moves. 6:A will be your best friend, as will 22A, 66b, 8A and 3kk.

Could someone explain some of the basics of Natsu? I am new and still learning so thought I'd ask
Learn what does and doesn't work at - frames against your opponent. AA, 22A, 8A, 8K, and 66B are good places to start.
Work on staying in against people who like to run away. Get in close and run train as much as possible. Don't let them mix you up too much, you should be the one attacking when you're in range.

Could someone explain some of the basics of Natsu? I am new and still learning so thought I'd ask

I think one unsafe move is 2A+B just because I have been punished by personally. Other than that Aetrius, you definitely want to get PO down as some of her good combos use PO. I'd also take in what Slade and DD said, cause every piece of advice you get here is like that one little piece to the puzzle you need.

No prob. I'd definitely agree that 2 a+b is unsafe. I usually only use it for people who I know like to hit buttons on wake up. Even canceling it into forward dash doesn't help. It's generally not a move I'd throw out too often other then as a "check yourself" move. I'd say better yet 4 a+b is a better tool to use on KO because it can lead to air grab set ups if they block high or are otherwise doing a WR move. Often times you can just throw it out on KO and cancel it with A which leaves you pretty safe.

In using K2 more, I found that it has a small TC window in addition to the obvious TJ. At -7, such as after kk blocked, k2 will go under omegas 12 frame aa. Also tested with Pyrrha and her 11 frame aa which is even better because k2 can go under it at -6 or -7.

K2 breaks in 10, does decent normal hit damage, on ch you can tack on a 6k for a whopping 53 damage. If the tech to the back 66b or 66k are easy tech traps. If they tech to their right 3b is an easy trap and if they tech to their left 66k is possible, but hard to time.

When I say safe I'm referring to its impact frame and the point where most people throw it out. It's 42 frames and in a lot of higher profile matches, an opponent will Tech and jump to punish or tech and JG. It's not a move I'd recommend just throwing around. I prefer 4 A+B, it comes out at i30 and leaves a lot more options for followup. But that's just my opinion.

JG 2A+B is pointless for most characters since most don't have a good 14 frame punish from FC (not including CE's). Besides, if you fuck up the JG there is no blocking or jumping it. Also, 4A+B is i48. 30 frames would make it only 6 frames slower than her 1A. Oh, forgot to mention, 2A+B is i60.

Also, 4A+B is i48. 30 frames would make it only 6 frames slower than her 1A. Oh, forgot to mention, 2A+B is i60.

Where did you get that?

Dope Dojo is correct on 4A+B.
4A+B= i30, like in the Wiki, Yes quite fast, even faster than Mitsu's 1A lol.
I tested it myself:
At +/-0 (AAB on hit) 4A+B trades with 22B (i20 +10 Quickstep frames)
At +13 (guarded 3A) 4A+B trades with i17 6K.

2A+B, is actually wrong in the Wiki with i42.
I retested it and it's about i45.
At +21 (JGed A+B) 2A+B trades with i24 1A.
At +15 (Guarded 6A+B) 2A+B trades with i30 4A+B
Will edit the Wiki.

JG 2A+B is pointless for most characters since most don't have a good 14 frame punish from FC (not including CE's). Besides, if you fuck up the JG there is no blocking or jumping it.

2A+B is not unsafe in a typical block punishment kind of way, and yes JG is rather pointless. Unless you can reliably low JG and Pyrrha Stab or something.
But most good players will jump it most of the time.
The risk in getting jumped depends on your opponent character, Natsu's own 8KA can whiff punish it quite hard if used early enough (blockable and unsafe if used too late) and even RO.
Others like Pyrrhas just get a bit jumping B Damage (Even Nightmares Jumping B does only 32 DMG lol wtf)
Or a mix-up if they use empty jump.
Other Tech jumps like Natsu A+B are mostly too slow to jump in reaction to 2A+B.

A problem might be just getting interrupted as some players just start mashing A if they see fire.

Last edited:
Back